First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Study find that Texas has the highest maternal Mortality rate in the developed world.
56 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Online
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/6/17

KennethKenstar wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:

LMAO come on dude, it's not a lie, they wouldn't cover IUDs nor would they cover Plan B. Why would you say this is a lie? Did you just not bother to look this up?

You said: "How about businesses like Hobby Lobby trying to obtain an insurance provider who would refuse to pay for any type of birth control?"

I pointed out that's false. Now you're moving the goalposts by making about IUD and Plan B -- a drug that kills a newly conceived human.


Dog. The goalposts are not Hobby Lobby. The goal posts are women's reproductive health being taboo. You claimed this was not the case, but here you are getting into the technical details of which birth control is taboo to you and which one isn't. You proved my point, dude. You are bent out of shape over even the mention of Plan B and need to spread your belief on Plan B being absolutely equal to murder.


Abstaining from risky activities is a fundamental part of health care. Weather it's smoking, extreme sports, recreational drugs, junk food, exposure to UV, or casual sex --have a conversation with a doctor or nurse ---abstaining from risky activities IS healthcare in that it's risk mitigation. Risk mitigation is a fundamental part of prevention, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say. That's not extreme, that's normal and wise. What's extreme is hypersexualization to the point that worries about STDs should be as common a concern as sun burn or the flu.


Your mentality is why AIDS got out of hand in the first place. People who were more concerned about the morals of sex rather than providing healthcare and treatment, literally killed people dude. It is the opposite of responsible. Abstinence is not healthcare. That is the language of partisan hacks, changing the definitions of words to fit their agenda. Ketchup isn't a vegetable and abstinence is not a replacement for fucking healthcare. It's fucking insane you'd say that with so much information at your fingertips. I can't believe I have to explain this. And you maintain that women's health isn't taboo, still? LOL, oh wow.

You have an unrealistic take on human sexuality and it doesn't matter if Texas has a 3rd world child mortality rate, as long as you get to "feel" moral and responsible doing nothing at all with your old, dated ideas, that's okay with you. It's not responsible and not moral, but it "feels" like it, so that's okay with you.


So far, you haven't provided any convincing evidence that there is any meaningful or widespread taboo around taking care of women's health in the USA or in Texas.


You don't see any convincing evidence because you are an extremist. I'm wasting my time.


You gave Hobby Lobby refusing to provide ANY type of birth control as your example that women's health care is taboo, and the response pointed out that what you said is false, they do in fact cover certain types of birth control, just not a select few options. And just so you know, if a person gets a STD it IS their own fault, and no one has any obligation to care for another person's mistake.

As for the OP, i wouldn't be surprised to find out Texas has a high maternal mortality rate, because they have a disproportionately large number of young mothers compared to the rest of the country, who are too scared to admit that they're pregnant and take the precautions they need to as a mother-to-be.
Posted 6/5/17

Reitrahc wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:

LMAO come on dude, it's not a lie, they wouldn't cover IUDs nor would they cover Plan B. Why would you say this is a lie? Did you just not bother to look this up?

You said: "How about businesses like Hobby Lobby trying to obtain an insurance provider who would refuse to pay for any type of birth control?"

I pointed out that's false. Now you're moving the goalposts by making about IUD and Plan B -- a drug that kills a newly conceived human.


Dog. The goalposts are not Hobby Lobby. The goal posts are women's reproductive health being taboo. You claimed this was not the case, but here you are getting into the technical details of which birth control is taboo to you and which one isn't. You proved my point, dude. You are bent out of shape over even the mention of Plan B and need to spread your belief on Plan B being absolutely equal to murder.


Abstaining from risky activities is a fundamental part of health care. Weather it's smoking, extreme sports, recreational drugs, junk food, exposure to UV, or casual sex --have a conversation with a doctor or nurse ---abstaining from risky activities IS healthcare in that it's risk mitigation. Risk mitigation is a fundamental part of prevention, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say. That's not extreme, that's normal and wise. What's extreme is hypersexualization to the point that worries about STDs should be as common a concern as sun burn or the flu.


Your mentality is why AIDS got out of hand in the first place. People who were more concerned about the morals of sex rather than providing healthcare and treatment, literally killed people dude. It is the opposite of responsible. Abstinence is not healthcare. That is the language of partisan hacks, changing the definitions of words to fit their agenda. Ketchup isn't a vegetable and abstinence is not a replacement for fucking healthcare. It's fucking insane you'd say that with so much information at your fingertips. I can't believe I have to explain this. And you maintain that women's health isn't taboo, still? LOL, oh wow.

You have an unrealistic take on human sexuality and it doesn't matter if Texas has a 3rd world child mortality rate, as long as you get to "feel" moral and responsible doing nothing at all with your old, dated ideas, that's okay with you. It's not responsible and not moral, but it "feels" like it, so that's okay with you.


So far, you haven't provided any convincing evidence that there is any meaningful or widespread taboo around taking care of women's health in the USA or in Texas.


You don't see any convincing evidence because you are an extremist. I'm wasting my time.


You're being an idiot. You gave Hobby Lobby refusing to provide ANY type of birth control as your example that women's health care is taboo, and the response pointed out that what you said is false, they do in fact cover certain types of birth control, just not a select few options. And just so you know, if a person gets a STD it IS their own fault, and no one has any obligation to care for another person's mistake.

As for the OP, i wouldn't be surprised to find out Texas has a high maternal mortality rate, because they have a disproportionately large number of young mothers compared to the rest of the country, who are too scared to admit that they're pregnant and take the precautions they need to as a mother-to-be.


It doesn't matter if I'm wrong about which birth control is taboo, all that matters is that it was a taboo. Why would Hobby Lobby being picky about some and not any birth control nullify my point at all? His point was that women's health isn't taboo and it was crazy to think that and then he started ranting about Plan B being murder. I don't know how in the world you can look at a conversation between the two of us and come to the conclusion I'm being an idiot, but this is your fifth post on these boards and suddenly you are in this topic right now.
56 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Online
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/6/17
They would be picky about which birth control they cover for the same reason certain treatments are covered by health insurance and some aren't. They cost more to get the same result. It has nothing to do with it being a taboo, it's simple economics. Condoms are even more effective birth control than IUDs, and significantly cheaper. You seem to be unable to realize the flaw in your own argument, so I'm pointing it out for you. The example you gave of a company which doesn't cover ANY birth control, does IN FACT cover birth control. YOU are the one getting picky about which birth control YOU feel they should cover. You have failed at the most basic part of a debate and are now falling back to just blindly claiming your claim was correct, when it factually wasn't, then claiming that the claim the person was making against you was different than what they were saying (they claimed you were moving the goalposts from ANY birth control being provided to SPECIFIC birth control being provided, which you were, while you believed they were saying something about Hobby Lobby in particular).

10446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

KennethKenstar wrote:

Dog. The goalposts are not Hobby Lobby. The goal posts are women's reproductive health being taboo.


Well, no, the goalposts are: "When you treat women's healthcare as a taboo..", which is the first post I responded to. That is not isolated to reproductive healthcare.


You claimed this was not the case, but here you are getting into the technical details of which birth control is taboo to you and which one isn't.

The only reason I brought that up is because you made the false claim that Hobby Lobby was refusing to pay for insurance that covers any form of birth control, which is false. Fact check your claims and I won't check you on them; if you hadn't brought up a shoddy claim we wouldn't be discussing it right now.




Your mentality is why AIDS got out of hand in the first place. People who were more concerned about the morals of sex rather than providing healthcare and treatment, literally killed people dude.

Assuming you're referring to HIV in Africa, that's bullshit to the point of slander. Taking preventative measures in health does not kill anybody. If you disagree then feel free to show how preventative measures caused HIV to get out of control.



It is the opposite of responsible. Abstinence is not healthcare. That is the language of partisan hacks, changing the definitions of words to fit their agenda. Ketchup isn't a vegetable and abstinence is not a replacement for fucking healthcare. It's fucking insane you'd say that with so much information at your fingertips. I can't believe I have to explain this. And you maintain that women's health isn't taboo, still? LOL, oh wow.

This is just ignorant. My mentality is the mindset that prevention is worth a pound of cure. Whether its cancer or chicken pox, prevention is one of health cares biggest weapons against disease. That's why they have those sterile wipes and hand sanitizers in stores, hospitals, and clinics. That's why hospitals and metal clinics are looking into using copper in door handles and stair rails.



You have an unrealistic take on human sexuality and it doesn't matter if Texas has a 3rd world child mortality rate, as long as you get to "feel" moral and responsible doing nothing at all with your old, dated ideas, that's okay with you. It's not responsible and not moral, but it "feels" like it, so that's okay with you.

You couldn't accurately elucidate my take on healthcare if your life hung on it. You clearly do not understand where I am coming from. My take on healthcare is multifaceted one of the facets being to abstain from risky activities. You just happen to be a hyper-sexualized millenial and so that one word "abstain" triggered your emotions, and you're getting all crazy about it. It's like Pavlov's dogs and their bell. Suggest abstinence and secular humanists start barking out of control. You speak as if you didn't bang someone for a week your genitals would explode and kill you.


So far, you haven't provided any convincing evidence that there is any meaningful or widespread taboo around taking care of women's health in the USA or in Texas.


Here in America we Americans follow the principle guilty until proven innocent. You have not provided any convincing evidence of an infraction, malady, or neglect by the populace in general with respect to women's health. In comparison, I have pointed out that we have seven federal agencies committed entirely to women's health, with none committed entirely to men's health.
10446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

KennethKenstar wrote:

It doesn't matter if I'm wrong about which birth control is taboo, all that matters is that it was a taboo. Why would Hobby Lobby being picky about some and not any birth control nullify my point at all? His point was that women's health isn't taboo and it was crazy to think that and then he started ranting about Plan B being murder. I don't know how in the world you can look at a conversation between the two of us and come to the conclusion I'm being an idiot, but this is your fifth post on these boards and suddenly you are in this topic right now.


Even then it's not the birth control that's taboo, it's forcing your employer to finance it that is taboo. Nobody is stopping them from using their own resources and time to acquire those things. Duh.
22981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/5/17
I stand with Kenneth Kenstar 100%
19562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

KennethKenstar wrote:

So, you see one article contradicting another


Neither article contradicts the other. The article that says the study is bullshit can be true, and the article saying nothing was done in response can also be true.

My point is that since they are both about a study made in 2012, you can't dismiss one of the articles for being written in 2016.


ishe5555 wrote:

Without reasons, there can be no actionable items, so nothing could be done.


It's Texas. Since when has a lack of reason been a problem for them?


jl6
469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/5/17
These Texas hotties

1681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Valhalla
Offline
Posted 6/5/17
^^^not that hot.
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

ronin99 wrote:

^^^not that hot.


thank you. cowboy cheerleaders arent all that...

now these girls...
83698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

b17bomber wrote:

now these girls...


better, but still mostly meh.
562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

ishe5555 wrote:



better, but still mostly meh.


then who's your favorite NFL Cheerleader corps? only one that comes close to the Falcons are the Titans.
(and the titans need good cheerleaders because their team sucks )
83698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

b17bomber wrote:

then who's your favorite NFL Cheerleader corps? only one that comes close to the Falcons are the Titans.
(and the titans need good cheerleaders because their team sucks )


I don't watch sports. I've just personally known a lot of woman that were much more attractive.
Posted 6/5/17

karatecowboy wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

It doesn't matter if I'm wrong about which birth control is taboo, all that matters is that it was a taboo. Why would Hobby Lobby being picky about some and not any birth control nullify my point at all? His point was that women's health isn't taboo and it was crazy to think that and then he started ranting about Plan B being murder. I don't know how in the world you can look at a conversation between the two of us and come to the conclusion I'm being an idiot, but this is your fifth post on these boards and suddenly you are in this topic right now.


Even then it's not the birth control that's taboo, it's forcing your employer to finance it that is taboo. Nobody is stopping them from using their own resources and time to acquire those things. Duh.


Right and this is why Texas has the child mortality rate of a third world nation and their state government can't make obvious decisions to change​ this because the morality of the precious religious right is more important than the lives of the babies they pretend to care about.

Here's the truth: these people making the decisions care only about themselves and even though this is a system designed around an employer copay, they are going to shame and fault the employees because they don't have the power in this situation. Texas has the highest amount of uninsured Americans in the entire country which is another financially irresponsible situation to maintain, but it's the freedom from paying for insurance which pays for IUDs that is important.

1681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Valhalla
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

ishe5555 wrote:


b17bomber wrote:

then who's your favorite NFL Cheerleader corps? only one that comes close to the Falcons are the Titans.
(and the titans need good cheerleaders because their team sucks )


I don't watch sports. I've just personally known a lot of woman that were much more attractive.


^^^pretty much this.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.