First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Study find that Texas has the highest maternal Mortality rate in the developed world.
10740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Online
Posted 6/5/17

KennethKenstar wrote:


karatecowboy wrote:


KennethKenstar wrote:

It doesn't matter if I'm wrong about which birth control is taboo, all that matters is that it was a taboo. Why would Hobby Lobby being picky about some and not any birth control nullify my point at all? His point was that women's health isn't taboo and it was crazy to think that and then he started ranting about Plan B being murder. I don't know how in the world you can look at a conversation between the two of us and come to the conclusion I'm being an idiot, but this is your fifth post on these boards and suddenly you are in this topic right now.


Even then it's not the birth control that's taboo, it's forcing your employer to finance it that is taboo. Nobody is stopping them from using their own resources and time to acquire those things. Duh.


Right and this is why Texas has the child mortality rate of a third world nation and their state government can't make obvious decisions to change​ this because the morality of the precious religious right is more important than the lives of the babies they pretend to care about.

Here's the truth: these people making the decisions care only about themselves and even though this is a system designed around an employer copay, they are going to shame and fault the employees because they don't have the power in this situation. Texas has the highest amount of uninsured Americans in the entire country which is another financially irresponsible situation to maintain, but it's the freedom from paying for insurance which pays for IUDs that is important.



I'll grant you some charity and assume you actually meant "maternal mortality rate" and not "child mortality rate". That notwithstanding, it was another poster who said you are being an idiot, and I doubt the maternal mortality rate in Texas is anywhere near the level of Third World countries.

Maybe Hobby Lobby is being overzealous with the IUD thing. I don't know. But, I do know that even if that is the case then it does not constitute an overall taboo on women's health at large. I mean it's like saying men's health is taboo if insurance companies don't cover sex-bots.

564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

ishe5555 wrote:


I don't watch sports. I've just personally known a lot of woman that were much more attractive.


wrong answer, unless you're talking 2D, then yes you are right
64 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

mxdan wrote:

http://abc13.com/health/study-texas-has-highest-maternal-mortality-rate-/2065072/

As the title states apparently Texas is at borderline 3rd world country rates when it comes to maternal deaths. A number of things could be the cause but Texas has a screwed up health system to begin with so it's not really that big of a surprise I suppose.


They have a lot of things messed up.

One of the worst school systems in the country. It's heavily test driven which is a terrible practice.
Their foster care program leaves more of the children into jails and homelessness rather than to a proper education.

It's such a beautiful state and the people I've met are really nice. I love Texas, but I feel sorry for the kids.

Spoke with state representatives on their Foster Care programs. All of them were pretty bad, but Texas' statistics were one of the worst at the time.
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/6/17

karatecowboy wrote:

I'll grant you some charity and assume you actually meant "maternal mortality rate" and not "child mortality rate". That notwithstanding, it was another poster who said you are being an idiot, and I doubt the maternal mortality rate in Texas is anywhere near the level of Third World countries.

Maybe Hobby Lobby is being overzealous with the IUD thing. I don't know. But, I do know that even if that is the case then it does not constitute an overall taboo on women's health at large. I mean it's like saying men's health is taboo if insurance companies don't cover sex-bots.



Let me level with you.

I don't think you know enough about birth control to have an opinion on this and you want to have a decisive, strong stance on them. It's very confusing to me when you​say Plan B is murder but other hormone birth control is okay because it's literally the same ingredients and it's the method and dosage that is different.

If I held the view of forms of birth control being murder, I would need to understand the process as best as I could to form an opinion. In the case with a lot of these birth controls, what happens is that fertilized eggs never attach to the uterus wall and this is something that happens very frequently without the use of the drugs. Each time this happens without birth control is the death of a person. Adding birth control into the mix would make this murder even though we have no way of accurately measuring if what happened was a natural process or the drugs.

For you to accept some forms of birth control are okay, you would need to bend your beliefs on something and suggest that maybe it's not a person until it attaches to the wall of the uterus. But that is going to not work with your strong absolute stances either.

I feel like, in the end, you will eventually just admit that you think all birth control that inhibits the growth of these cells is murder and that you are against it.
64 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17



There's also the misunderstanding that birth control is strictly to not have children. While yes, it was originally it's purpose it has solved a great amount of issues within a woman's body.

Birth Control is also a means to fix a women's mental and even physical health.

Women can suffer acute depression (even suicidal) and anxiety from their period. Usually it incurs in people with either a low or high body fat content. Fat helps produce hormones , so if there is too much or too little it causes a great amount of issues. This fat level sometimes cannot be helped. (I have a high metabolism and can't gain weight if I try). Though people who exercise a lot suffer from this low fat body content as well.

Due to the lack of hormones many women can suffer from severe anemia, which causes long, drawn out agonizing periods where they are completely bed ridden.

Birth control is a means to get their body into a healthy routine of hormones in order to fix their mental and physical health.


If people just believe it's a means to not have babies, then they are not being educated on the benefits of the pill and the lives it helped save in a way anxiety and depression pills cannot.
21553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/5/17
mxdan 
10934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 6/5/17

PrincessBubbie wrote:


mxdan wrote:

http://abc13.com/health/study-texas-has-highest-maternal-mortality-rate-/2065072/

As the title states apparently Texas is at borderline 3rd world country rates when it comes to maternal deaths. A number of things could be the cause but Texas has a screwed up health system to begin with so it's not really that big of a surprise I suppose.


They have a lot of things messed up.

One of the worst school systems in the country. It's heavily test driven which is a terrible practice.
Their foster care program leaves more of the children into jails and homelessness rather than to a proper education.

It's such a beautiful state and the people I've met are really nice. I love Texas, but I feel sorry for the kids.

Spoke with state representatives on their Foster Care programs. All of them were pretty bad, but Texas' statistics were one of the worst at the time.


That's what I've heard! I'd actually like to live in Austin one day because it has so many things to do and great benifits to living there but the state in general is a hot mess when compared to other states in various rankings. I think the ruling legislature likes to do things just to stir people up. Many of the laws don't even make sense.

Then there's Robert Marrow...
https://youtube.com/watch?v=qgoypDIHKAQ
51634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

PrincessBubbie wrote:




There's also the misunderstanding that birth control is strictly to not have children. While yes, it was originally it's purpose it has solved a great amount of issues within a woman's body.

Birth Control is also a means to fix a women's mental and even physical health.

Women can suffer acute depression (even suicidal) and anxiety from their period. Usually it incurs in people with either a low or high body fat content. Fat helps produce hormones , so if there is too much or too little it causes a great amount of issues. This fat level sometimes cannot be helped. (I have a high metabolism and can't gain weight if I try). Though people who exercise a lot suffer from this low fat body content as well.

Due to the lack of hormones many women can suffer from severe anemia, which causes long, drawn out agonizing periods where they are completely bed ridden.

Birth control is a means to get their body into a healthy routine of hormones in order to fix their mental and physical health.


If people just believe it's a means to not have babies, then they are not being educated on the benefits of the pill and the lives it helped save in a way anxiety and depression pills cannot.


An additional article that I just saw.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/pharmacists-personal-beliefs-kept-him-from-filling-teens-prescription/ar-BBC5Vxc?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

I mean seriously people... if your religious beliefs are going to keep you from doing your JOB then maybe you should find another line of work instead of trying to force your beliefs on others.
md4124 
50351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/6/17

RK_1234 wrote:


Elvikun wrote:

Well, what does it matter, as long as enough babies survive to shoot dem mexicans on the border, YEEEEHAW! *throws cowboy hat while riding a bull and shooting from AK*


Most of the deaths are from Mexicans crossing the border...


This is a lie. And you know that you are lying. So why are you lying?


Kavalion wrote:


Elvikun wrote:

Well, what does it matter, as long as enough babies survive to shoot dem mexicans on the border, YEEEEHAW! *throws cowboy hat while riding a bull and shooting from AK*


If everyone crossing the border were actually shot, it would save a lot of lives in the USA.


Another violent conservative who condones murder. So have you actually murdered anyone yourself or do you just get your jollies imagining people being murdered?


Amyas_Leigh wrote:



Less dope, diseases and cartel thugs for starters.


All false, but then have you every posted anything that's true?


karatecowboy wrote:

Women's reproductive health certainly seems taboo in a lot of areas.


Murdering a scientifically recognized human being in the womb doesn't count as healthcare.

How about businesses like Hobby Lobby trying to obtain an insurance provider who would refuse to pay for any type of birth control?

That's a lie/myth propogated by anti-equality activists. IIRC, Hobby Lobby offered insurance plans that covered 16 different types of contraceptives; they just didn't cover prenatal murder.


How about the Republican Party constantly trying to defund Planned Parenthood on the basis of "stopping abortions" and offering no alternatives for the loss of STD treatment and preventive care?


First of all, that could easily be remedied if PP stopped it's anti-equality human rights abuses by murdering scientifically recognized human beings. Second, there are a bajillion alternatives to PP regarding STD prevention, beginning with common sense factors like celibacy and chaste monogamy. Are people really so stupid that they don't understand they can even just talk to a GP or go online --education is the best way to prevent STDs.

Finally, we've got seven federal institutions committed solely to women's health. If PP fell off the face of the planet that would be one less drop in the swimming pool of health resources for women. They even have iPhone apps dedicated solely to educating women about their health. Saying "women's health" in any form is taboo is paranoia and ignorant in the extreme. Here, go to town: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/basics/womens-health/hlv-20049411

Pretty much everything that you posted was false or a lie. You fail.

Posted 6/5/17

md4124 wrote:

All false, but then have you every posted anything that's true?


False what?

You saying migrants don't spread disease and Mexican cartels don't deal dope?
10740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / People's Republic...
Online
Posted 6/5/17 , edited 6/5/17

md4124 wrote:


Pretty much everything that you posted was false or a lie. You fail.


It's hard to know who you meant to quote there, given your tags were all broken. Assuming you were addressing me:

You should back that up. Otherwise it just ends up like first graders --

You're lying.

No you are.

Nuh uh.

Yuh huh.

I said it first.

No you didn't

That's a lie

No it's not.

Etc
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.