First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply are colleges/college campus enviroments getting more racist and intolerant
jl6
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/9/17
yup to many SJWs
21801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

auroraloose wrote:

I have been in the American university system for 10 years now, and I can say that yes, it is much more intolerant even than when I started. I don't know how it compares to the '60s and '70s, back when the universities bred actual leftist terrorist organizations that literally carried out regular bombings, but if I had to guess, the intolerance is worse now even though the violence isn't nearly as bad. And this is because, after 50 years, university officers and administrators in far greater numbers are far more sympathetic to the intolerance. They're likely far more impotent before it as well.

This historical context is important: With the end of the '70s's crisis in capitalism in the Reagan and the Thatcher years, the subsequent fall of communism, and Clinton's presidency, radical leftism lost its teeth. But when it turned out that history had not, in fact, ended, those teeth started growing back. Throw in the internet, which made everything go bonkers, and here we are now. Racism and sexism are still very much things, and they are still ingrained in society, and hence the university system, but universities have done a lot to fight these. The increasing intolerance helps superficially in that fight, but I don't think it'll work in the long run - especially if it keeps helping to produce Trumpian backlashes.

Having been steeped in the university setting, I have a hard time thinking that racism and sexism have gotten worse. Things have probably improved somewhat over the past 10 years, as more scandals and whatnot have come to light. The amount of light being shone upon such problems is only increasing. If only we would abolish Greek life.


don't get me wrong, im not ignoring everything else
but im curious what is greek life? is it a class or something
runec 
36271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/9/17

redokami wrote:
don't get me wrong, im not ignoring everything else
but im curious what is greek life? is it a class or something


The root of all campus fuckery: Sororities and fraternities.

You know, the ones that are forever being caught hazing someone to death or "accidentally" raping people in the news. >.>

1302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Somewhere to my l...
Offline
Posted 6/9/17
Dunno about y'all's colleges, but mine seems pretty chill about different ethnicities/beliefs.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/9/17
Where I go to college I there aren't any SJWs causing riots or trying to get professors fired. Heck the worst I've seen was some signs on consent, mostly stuff about how if she's drunk it's not consent or if it's not an enthusiastic yes it's not consent.

I didn't really care about it much though. It's not like they were asking whites to leave campus or telling males to check their privilege.

21801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

runec wrote:


redokami wrote:
don't get me wrong, im not ignoring everything else
but im curious what is greek life? is it a class or something


The root of all campus fuckery: Sororities and fraternities.

You know, the ones that are forever being caught hazing someone to death or "accidentally" raping people in the news. >.>



oh, that shit lol
29932 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Inside the Anime...
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

Rujikin wrote:

Yup evergreen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO1agIlLlhg

These people are brainwashed. They are being used and they are too stupid to know it. They are a bunch of useful idiots: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

They are reviving racism and segregation. They are regressives setting us back decades so they can then "fix" the problem they created.


You are correct. The racism today is much more prevalent than the 1980s and 90s. It's as if young people want racism to exist so they can hang their hat on it. Please stop destroying everything the previous generations fought and struggled for. Stop trying to resurrect racism. Racism is more evil in it's full incarnation than you can imagine, if you think people are racist, wait until you get a taste of real racism.
runec 
36271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

Steelmonk wrote:
You are correct. The racism today is much more prevalent than the 1980s and 90s. It's as if young people want racism to exist so they can hang their hat on it. Please stop destroying everything the previous generations fought and struggled for. Stop trying to resurrect racism. Racism is more evil in it's full incarnation than you can imagine, if you think people are racist, wait until you get a taste of real racism.


It never died in the first place. I'm also not sure how much more real the taste can be than the nooses and throat slitting short of you guys going all the way back to actual lynching. Granted, a Republican in Mississippi did call for lynchings over Confederate monuments. So maybe that never really left the table either.

Also, it's rather baffling to blame young people for "resurrecting" racism when we have President Travel Ban Von Some I Assume Are Good People. This sort of shit has always been there but Trump is making it mainstream acceptable.



47333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 6/9/17
YES
9755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

runec wrote:


Steelmonk wrote:
You are correct. The racism today is much more prevalent than the 1980s and 90s. It's as if young people want racism to exist so they can hang their hat on it. Please stop destroying everything the previous generations fought and struggled for. Stop trying to resurrect racism. Racism is more evil in it's full incarnation than you can imagine, if you think people are racist, wait until you get a taste of real racism.


It never died in the first place. I'm also not sure how much more real the taste can be than the nooses and throat slitting short of you guys going all the way back to actual lynching. Granted, a Republican in Mississippi did call for lynchings over Confederate monuments. So maybe that never really left the table either.

Also, it's rather baffling to blame young people for "resurrecting" racism when we have President Travel Ban Von Some I Assume Are Good People. This sort of shit has always been there but Trump is making it mainstream acceptable.





Nope.. It's perfectly fair to do so.

This fuckery started two years before the great orange one took office.

in fact the rebirth of "feminism" and other "anti-hate" groups came about from the twitter- and tumblr- sphere. The first shots across the boat were about how rape is insanely common (despite it being the lowest in 40+ years) and then resulted in the "not all men" and "yes all men" bullshit, and the skittle metaphor ("if even 10% of skittles in a bowl were deadly poison.....")

Then some highlights later were riots on campuses, the "safe spaces" bullshit, The "black lives matter" bullshit that was started by black college students on primarily historically black campuses throwing a shit fit (with the teachers supporting their shitty actions) and in some cases assaulting police and media... And little is said of the fact that their daddies tended to be rich as fuck black men and that both the students and parents had little to nothing in common with the the poor ass people in shit poor areas that were *actually* being fucked over by the police.

We had college students demand and actually get teachers fired, comedians banned from making appearances (and I'm not talking about the cosby debacle), and stealing the stage from their own candidates (bernie fucking sanders no less!!!) to scream about their "oppression" (and mind you, this was completely ALLOWED and they did not suffer any reprecussions for this).

I lean left on the political scale. The past three years I've been treated like a fucking neocon neonazi for not marching in lockstep with these beliefs DESPITE actually being more on their side than the far right.

Whiiiiich is why a lot of people like myself simply did not vote or did not vote for liberalism (I voted Jill Stein just so I could vote cause I believe in the system but still not cast a vote for the two most corrupt options in an election in the US ever). trump won not by having more votes. He won because liberalism went so far left that people simply dropped the fuck out.

So yeah... I got some big beef with these college students that done and fucked up our world.
1360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/17
This discussion is interesting: the difference between the Capitalists on the social liberal side and the Capitalists on the social conservative side is more salient in this issue. As a priestess of the invisible hand, this information help me to understand and (in a sense) promote the different sects of Capitalism.
I know some basic political history of the colleges in US. For the past half of a century, the colleges had become increasingly dominated by the social liberals. Some professors had become worried about this increasingly homogenous political worldview; the social conservatives could bring their own unique insight that the social liberal would never consider. For one obvious example, many political scientists cannot predicted the election victory of Donald Trump because they had barely consider the perspective of the rural residents where the social conservatives dominate.
From what I know, US colleges is actually more tolerant and less corrupted then they are decades ago; the only exception is attitude toward the social conservatives and Trump`s supporters by extension.
4185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/9/17

serifsansserif wrote:


runec wrote:


Steelmonk wrote:
You are correct. The racism today is much more prevalent than the 1980s and 90s. It's as if young people want racism to exist so they can hang their hat on it. Please stop destroying everything the previous generations fought and struggled for. Stop trying to resurrect racism. Racism is more evil in it's full incarnation than you can imagine, if you think people are racist, wait until you get a taste of real racism.


It never died in the first place. I'm also not sure how much more real the taste can be than the nooses and throat slitting short of you guys going all the way back to actual lynching. Granted, a Republican in Mississippi did call for lynchings over Confederate monuments. So maybe that never really left the table either.

Also, it's rather baffling to blame young people for "resurrecting" racism when we have President Travel Ban Von Some I Assume Are Good People. This sort of shit has always been there but Trump is making it mainstream acceptable.





Nope.. It's perfectly fair to do so.

This fuckery started two years before the great orange one took office.

in fact the rebirth of "feminism" and other "anti-hate" groups came about from the twitter- and tumblr- sphere. The first shots across the boat were about how rape is insanely common (despite it being the lowest in 40+ years) and then resulted in the "not all men" and "yes all men" bullshit, and the skittle metaphor ("if even 10% of skittles in a bowl were deadly poison.....")

Then some highlights later were riots on campuses, the "safe spaces" bullshit, The "black lives matter" bullshit that was started by black college students on primarily historically black campuses throwing a shit fit (with the teachers supporting their shitty actions) and in some cases assaulting police and media... And little is said of the fact that their daddies tended to be rich as fuck black men and that both the students and parents had little to nothing in common with the the poor ass people in shit poor areas that were *actually* being fucked over by the police.

We had college students demand and actually get teachers fired, comedians banned from making appearances (and I'm not talking about the cosby debacle), and stealing the stage from their own candidates (bernie fucking sanders no less!!!) to scream about their "oppression" (and mind you, this was completely ALLOWED and they did not suffer any reprecussions for this).

I lean left on the political scale. The past three years I've been treated like a fucking neocon neonazi for not marching in lockstep with these beliefs DESPITE actually being more on their side than the far right.

Whiiiiich is why a lot of people like myself simply did not vote or did not vote for liberalism (I voted Jill Stein just so I could vote cause I believe in the system but still not cast a vote for the two most corrupt options in an election in the US ever). trump won not by having more votes. He won because liberalism went so far left that people simply dropped the fuck out.

So yeah... I got some big beef with these college students that done and fucked up our world.


You have a lot of misunderstanding or incorrect beliefs in many of these things and is doing what you claim to despise about the extreme left. How can you not see that in your post? I mean you went on to blame "college students" and leftists because they hurt peoples feelings, when that is a minority in the left. Also if someone decides to sabotage their own interests because some person hurt their feelings, then that is just sad lol.

You are complaining about "anti-hate" groups and how they are extreme, when most of them actually aren't. Rape decreasing (crime overall has been decreasing) does not mean it is not common, because it is especially when you factor in that a lot of rapes and sexual assaults are not reported. Statistical facts man. A person should be shot down instantly if they start an argument "not all men" since it ignores the fact men are predominantly the perpetrators and everyone should already know that not all men are rapists. If someone says something like that, then you know you can ignore them.

You are saying BLM is predominantly rich Blacks, which isn't even true. You can say the leaders of BLM is rich, but what do their economic class have to do with it? Why can't they lead on social issues because they are rich? Considering that Blacks do not escape racism by climbing the economic ladder, why is this a negative factor? You can definitely critique the behavior of some people in BLM, but I can understand their frustration. Also safe spaces has existed long before this election cycle, it just became more prevalent.

Blaming college students for U.S's woes is incorrect as well. The reason Donald Trump won was because of decades of really well done anti-Clinton campaign in conjunction with how U.S political system works. Even the most reasonable of voters fall for fake and embellished information if everyone keeps repeating it when they do not want to research on it. The only thing you can blame young college people on, is simply not voting.

If you want to blame something for Donald's and Republicans win, blame the political system we are working with. Some major factors to his win:

He gave rural areas false hope and they overwhelmingly voted for him to revive their dying lands. It is not reversible.
Hillary Clinton, who has so much negative ads against her throughout the decades was his opponent.
Lack of voter turnout for the reason stated above.
Voter ID laws
Gerrymandering as a whole

U.S needs fundamental changes in it's political system as it is outdated and over represents the minority of the country. That is what Democrats should focus on when they regain congress and the White House.



sinoakayumi wrote:

This discussion is interesting: the difference between the Capitalists on the social liberal side and the Capitalists on the social conservative side is more salient in this issue. As a priestess of the invisible hand, this information help me to understand and (in a sense) promote the different sects of Capitalism.
I know some basic political history of the colleges in US. For the past half of a century, the colleges had become increasingly dominated by the social liberals. Some professors had become worried about this increasingly homogenous political worldview; the social conservatives could bring their own unique insight that the social liberal would never consider. For one obvious example, many political scientists cannot predicted the election victory of Donald Trump because they had barely consider the perspective of the rural residents where the social conservatives dominate.
From what I know, US colleges is actually more tolerant and less corrupted then they are decades ago; the only exception is attitude toward the social conservatives and Trump`s supporters by extension.


Someone with some damn sense and a more accurate understanding of U.S colleges system.
5659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/9/17
It's all about smart and not smart. Smart people are admired everywhere they go, think of Rick. Most Asian are Morty like and with a different culture, so in comparison it is easier to get picked on. Me being an Asian feels that way. Although for a true Americanized Asian does not really stand out, think of an average American, and we try to be careful not to step in the bounds. In comparison, black seem to fit in nicely, they are known to be the troublemakers, but man do they dominate the Hollywood

Overall, being a nice citizen might not be rewarding, it is all about aggression in the end, feel free to prove me wrong, I could be
9755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

TarNaru33 wrote:

You have a lot of misunderstanding or incorrect beliefs in many of these things and is doing what you claim to despise about the extreme left. How can you not see that in your post? I mean you went on to blame "college students" and leftists because they hurt peoples feelings, when that is a minority in the left. Also if someone decides to sabotage their own interests because some person hurt their feelings, then that is just sad lol.


Dude. I know what it is. I posted about this on this board when it started. I didn't vote AGAINST my interests, and quite frankly, when I posted sauce in the form of newspaper articles detailing claims (especially about the rape issue) were either false from the onset or statistics were skewed... Yeah.

When I said I was voting third party and I had left leaning people scream at me that I was racist, sexist, and supported a rapist because I SIMPLY DID NOT VOTE FOR WHAT THEY WANTED... Yeah.. That was fun.



You are complaining about "anti-hate" groups and how they are extreme, when most of them actually aren't. Rape decreasing (crime overall has been decreasing) does not mean it is not common, because it is especially when you factor in that a lot of rapes and sexual assaults are not reported. Statistical facts man. A person should be shot down instantly if they start an argument "not all men" since it ignores the fact men are predominantly the perpetrators and everyone should already know that not all men are rapists. If someone says something like that, then you know you can ignore them.
http://everydayfeminism.com/2016/10/yes-actually-it-is-all-men/

I mean fuck. Everytime there's a new hashtag I can pretty much google it and you can see the vile hate it either sparks in cotroversy or spews forth...

http://manwithoutfather.com/2015/04/27/yes-all-men-are-rapists/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/12/09/the-truth-about-a-viral-graphic-on-rape-statistics/?utm_term=.b345dfa994c0



You are saying BLM is predominantly rich Blacks, which isn't even true. You can say the leaders of BLM is rich, but what do their economic class have to do with it? Why can't they lead on social issues because they are rich? Considering that Blacks do not escape racism by climbing the economic ladder, why is this a negative factor? You can definitely critique the behavior of some people in BLM, but I can understand their frustration. Also safe spaces has existed long before this election cycle, it just became more prevalent.


'cause if you're rich and allowed to just have your way, you sure as fuck can't claim to be "oppressed". That's cultural appropriate of the poor and actually oppressed.



Blaming college students for U.S's woes is incorrect as well.


most of this shit has been borne of college campuses. I can google all these recent things and you'll find it either started on a campus, involved college students, or they decided to champion it.. because... reasons.



The reason Donald Trump won was because of decades of really well done anti-Clinton campaign in conjunction with how U.S political system works. Even the most reasonable of voters fall for fake and embellished information if everyone keeps repeating it when they do not want to research on it. The only thing you can blame young college people on, is simply not voting.

If you want to blame something for Donald's and Republicans win, blame the political system we are working with. Some major factors to his win:

He gave rural areas false hope and they overwhelmingly voted for him to revive their dying lands. It is not reversible.
Hillary Clinton, who has so much negative ads against her throughout the decades was his opponent.
Lack of voter turnout for the reason stated above.
Voter ID laws
Gerrymandering as a whole

U.S needs fundamental changes in it's political system as it is outdated and over represents the minority of the country. That is what Democrats should focus on when they regain congress and the White House.


you keep writing that narrative dude. Day after the election, it showed 80% of white women voted for him. Most minorities stayed home, but even still, he got at least a portion of their votes.

Overall, he got about the same number of votes as Obama's competition.... Only hilary didn't even compare to the number of votes Obama got.

And sure, you can claim "gerrymandering" but nobody in the media had believed it could happen. 99% chance of him losing. Not a fucking chance in hell. "oh donald's already claiming that the vote is a joke and fraud, and blah blah blah.. he's just making up excuses as to why he won't win".... Then he won... And who immediately decided it was voter fraud????
oh yeah. the democrats.

And your inside man with ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the information as to how it was the russians that did it cause they're blackmailing Trump?

vegetarian electronic artist no longer of cultural relevance: Moby

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/moby-donald-trump-russia-1201988720/


FFS dude.. It's pretty god damned obvious why the left lost!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.