First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply What are some things in anime that you dislike?
18994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 6/30/17

LavenderMintRose wrote:


Examples? I think ACCA has a nice style that "works out", as far as I'm concerned (the story, on the other hand....)





Easiest examples are pretty much anything by Trigger... outside Kiznaiver. That was close enough to what I consider "traditional."

shows like Mob, Concrete Revolutio (which I actually liked), Flip Flappers, etc.


Yes I would put ACCA in there too as being more traditional. At least in my eyes. It was a decent enough looking show.



LavenderMintRose wrote:


Or are you trying to say everyone should just have short hair and school uniforms?



Huh? How is this even a style?
14027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/17

Ashliet wrote:


Satorules wrote:

Anything gay



miGneto wrote:

Anything yaoi.



Renarko wrote:

Anthing yaoi, or very expected cliches that are overused in anime. :/



Shameful. Now I have to watch 3 times as much yaoi to make up for all 3 of you.


I dont seek out Yaoi but I was captivated by "Love Stage" because it was funny and really well done. Izumi Sena as a boy was a
better more realistic girl than half the female characters in anime.
880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Mississippi
Offline
Posted 6/30/17

voss749 wrote:


Ashliet wrote:


Satorules wrote:

Anything gay



miGneto wrote:

Anything yaoi.



Renarko wrote:

Anthing yaoi, or very expected cliches that are overused in anime. :/



Shameful. Now I have to watch 3 times as much yaoi to make up for all 3 of you.


I dont seek out Yaoi but I was captivated by "Love Stage" because it was funny and really well done. Izumi Sena as a boy was a
better more realistic girl than half the female characters in anime.


I actually just finished Love Stage 2 days ago. It was really good.
1149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/17 , edited 7/11/17
Here are my anime dislikes:
-fanservice with underage characters
-incest plots (I wish we could banish the "first cousins dating" things from anime)
-harem/reverse harem plots
-adaptations of longer light novels or manga that have no real ending (I can't stand this)
-mean stereotypical character types (aggressive gay characters, creepy trans characters, and yes, loud, pushy, obnoxious Americans too)
-bad looking CG animation (which is most of it)
-"comedy" that's really just people yelling

There are shows that I really like which include some of these things, but they do bother me in general.
489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Online
Posted 7/1/17
*face palms* "Dammit"
67728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / UK
Offline
Posted 7/1/17 , edited 7/11/17
Rape or potential rape scenes
6305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/11/17
Nothing really new here. I see all of these a lot in anime, which is why my list of shows to watch is so small. I don't hate all these things, but they're very annoying.

Sexuality:
Huge boobs.
Accidental boob grabs.
Accidental boob squeeze (right after the accidental boob grab).
Incest.

Plots:
Middle schoolers with super powers save the world. (If we have to count on pre-pubescent children to save the world, the world is screwed. Might as well include high schoolers too.)

Characters
:
Anything robot-related. (Especially a high school kid in a robot.)
Stupid protagonists (male or female). If you're going to make him dumb, you better make him a really likeable, nice guy.
Witches (Is that still a fad?).

Miscellaneous:
Nosebleeds when seeing naked girls. I never even understood this one and it's extremely annoying.
6305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/11/17
One clarification on the huge boobs and fan service stuff.

If that's what the show is all about (like Seven Mortal Sins), then it doesn't annoy me because I just don't watch it. Same thing with mecha shows.

It's annoying when there is a show that has a plot that's good enough to stand on it's own and they throw that junk in there and make the show worse than it could have been. Looking at you, High School DxD. Like baking mozzarella cheese into a chocolate cake, it's unnecessary and it just ruins the cake.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/11/17
Extreme amounts of gore - Everyone like to see conflict and fighting but when the gore is too much it can subtract from what the series is trying to do.

Oversexualized characters (ex: the classic oversized boobs) - This happens to many characters regardless of age, but sometimes the 'fan service' is overdone to where that's the only thing the anime is about so that can be a problem. There's nothing wrong with making characters look good (everyone just this, not just anime), but when it's just over done and all you're doing is looking at the characters and ignoring what the anime is about, it's too much IMO.

Groping - If it's by accident, and the guy who accidentally grabbed the girl's boob gets immediately punched so hard he goes into orbit, it's funny. If that's all the series is where it's all the time, then it's not funny, no guy can be that clumsy without wanting to be. Also if it's a situation where the girl 'has to put up with it' for what ever reason, I won't stand for it.
20 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/11/17
anything cliché and I hate how eren in attack on titan is always screaming its annoying.
1824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mega-City One
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

laptop_ron wrote:


Miscellaneous:
Nosebleeds when seeing naked girls. I never even understood this one and it's extremely annoying.


There's erectile tissue in the nose, so that can actually happen (although it's obviously rare IRL.)
6305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/11/17

MadeDragon wrote:


laptop_ron wrote:


Miscellaneous:
Nosebleeds when seeing naked girls. I never even understood this one and it's extremely annoying.


There's erectile tissue in the nose, so that can actually happen (although it's obviously rare IRL.)


Thank you for the explanation. Now, I wish it was as rare in anime as it was in IRL. Though to be fair, I don't see as much of it as I used to.
6806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
Slow-framed animations, emphasis on romance and relationships as well as excessive use of serialization (I rather watch episodic cartoons/animation or TV programs).
30071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 8/2/17
Gay shit and school love stories that involve lazy pyramids.

Most of all CENSORSHIP
1824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mega-City One
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/11/17

laptop_ron wrote:


MadeDragon wrote:


laptop_ron wrote:


Miscellaneous:
Nosebleeds when seeing naked girls. I never even understood this one and it's extremely annoying.


There's erectile tissue in the nose, so that can actually happen (although it's obviously rare IRL.)


Thank you for the explanation. Now, I wish it was as rare in anime as it was in IRL. Though to be fair, I don't see as much of it as I used to.


C.F. The snot bubble (for sleeping), I'm fine when it's just a visual indicator. When it impacts on the plot (someone rocket launching from the bleeding) it gets old quickly.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.