First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch TV Anticipation
239312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 10/13/17
Now that it's aired, join the discussion at /forumtopic-1003217/my-girlfriend-is-shobitch-discussion





Kadokawa's Comic Web Newtype online manga site announced on Friday that Namiru Matsumoto's Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken (My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch, or "Case Where My Girlfriend is a Too-Serious Virgin Bitch") manga will get a television anime adaptation. The broadcast details, staff, and cast will be announced at a later date.

With nothing left to lose, ordinary high school student Haruka Shinozaki confesses to beautiful, diligent class representative Akiho Kōsaka and to his surprise she accepts. Kōsaka takes dating as seriously as she does everything else, but does not quite get it. She pragmatically suggests activities that are too sexual.


Source:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-08/my-girlfriend-is-a-faithful-virgin-bitch-manga-gets-tv-anime/.117224
66270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
I'm checking this out just for that title.
31394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
I've been reading the manga! It's so funny! She's quite out there, it's so funny! Lot's of misunderstandings. It's going to be a great ride watching this!
25653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
WHAT? Lol been reading this and was not expecting an anime at all.

It's funny and got a bit of a Seitokai Yakuindomo thing going on with a heavy emphasis on dirty jokes, double entendre and blatant sexual references.
Kosaka is funny and oddly naive, making lots of sexual suggestions to Haruka without really 100% understanding what it is she is doing.
3212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
What. I have no idea.

But I mean, if you're going to be a serious girlfriend, shouldn't you go all-out? What's the point otherwise? I think I can relate to that kind of seriousness; life is too short to half-ass.
49419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
The title is interesting.
26395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Roasting In Hell
Online
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
Minus the fact that High School Students shouldn't have sex, I am not really sure I can criticize anything about her based on what I do not know. Sex is a natural part of a relationship if gone long enough; basically, just grow a pair and have sex with her. Seems like the title should be My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Nympho, but maybe they meant "bitch" as a "bitch in heat". (Please forgive my language Crunchyroll)

Just based on the synopsis, it seems she is "too" willing to have sex. I mean, one would go all out, but you don't fuck on the first date.
12052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
HOLE.EE.SH.IT.


THAT NAME THOUGH!
26395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Roasting In Hell
Online
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
Anyone else thought this was an anticipation thread for a hentai? I sure did!
36614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
Kinda sounds like B Gata
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
This title...wat


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Seems like the title should be My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Nympho, but maybe they meant "bitch" as a "bitch in heat". (Please forgive my language Crunchyroll)

I think I read somewhere on ANN that the loanword 'bitch' was closer to 'slut' in meaning in Japanese. Like how Tomoko in Watamote would call girls she thought were promiscuous 'bitches'.


CKD-Anime wrote:

Kinda sounds like B Gata

Ha, I had the same thought.
26395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Roasting In Hell
Online
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/9/17

cyberfaust wrote:

This title...wat


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Seems like the title should be My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Nympho, but maybe they meant "bitch" as a "bitch in heat". (Please forgive my language Crunchyroll)

I think I read somewhere on ANN that the loanword 'bitch' was closer to 'slut' in meaning in Japanese. Like how Tomoko in Watamote would call girls she thought were promiscuous 'bitches'.


CKD-Anime wrote:

Kinda sounds like B Gata

Ha, I had the same thought.


Then why don't they just have Tomoko say "slut"? Not sure how, but is it a literal definition versus slang terms that aren't typically well defined?

That is my guess, but "bitch" does make sense I suppose.
7547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/9/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Then why don't they just have Tomoko say "slut"? Not sure how, but is it a literal definition versus slang terms that aren't typically well defined?

That is my guess, but "bitch" does make sense I suppose.

If I remember right, that was from an Answerman column about translators leaving loanwords intact rather than replacing them with an English word that better fit the way the Japanese used the English word, with leaving 'bitch' in the Watamote subs one of the examples given. "Mansion" being left as is instead of replaced with "apartment" was another one I remember from that discussion.
26395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Roasting In Hell
Online
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/9/17

cyberfaust wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Then why don't they just have Tomoko say "slut"? Not sure how, but is it a literal definition versus slang terms that aren't typically well defined?

That is my guess, but "bitch" does make sense I suppose.

If I remember right, that was from an Answerman column about translators leaving loanwords intact rather than replacing them with an English word that better fit the way the Japanese used the English word, with leaving 'bitch' in Watamote being one of the examples given. "Mansion" being left as is instead of replaced with "apartment" was another one I remember from that discussion.


Ah, I see, so a sort of cultural connotation difference? Not familiar with loanwords in that sense.
25653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/9/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Then why don't they just have Tomoko say "slut"? Not sure how, but is it a literal definition versus slang terms that aren't typically well defined?

That is my guess, but "bitch" does make sense I suppose.


It's translators and subtitles being wonky. Japan has several borrowed English words they have given a different meaning to (in this case bitch = slut) and an irritating number of translators keep the borrowed worded rather than substituting it for something that conveys the proper meaning in English. This isn't limited to borrowed words; translators (especially scanlators) have a really nasty habit of doing literal translations instead of altering the wording to carry the meaning of the dialogue.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.