First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you use Pandora radio often ?
2279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/8/17
I didn't know about Pandora radio until 2-3 months ago at a car dealer. I'm one of those people who didn't buy a smart phone until 2016

it's a nice app to have around on the run-- it has some ads here and there but it wasn't that bad.

Do they sign you up for Pandora Premium automatically after # of listening hours ? I noticed I'm a premium member when i opened the app 10 minutes ago..

You have to log into our Pandora account on a computer to cancel the subscription.

Posted 6/8/17
No.
6734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / AI / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 6/8/17
No, it doesn't have any music I want to listen to on it.
3918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/8/17
Nope.
2200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/8/17
I use it, I also use Spotify and Sirius XM. Right now Pandora is having a promotion where you get a month free. I would use the app version on your phone, it's easier to deal with the subscription. If you're worried about going over your data limit on your phone. There's a feature where you can save your favorite radio station ( up to 5 stations ) and listen offline.
26000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/9/17
No. I don't like the service at all. It repeats the same songs within an hour. Just let me listen to my own library of music.
92 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/8/17
I use Pandora a ton in my car I like it a lot
Sogno- 
47831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
no. my own music is more diverse than pandora. lol

also in my experience pandora plays a lot of live music. im not a fan of live music when im not actually at a live concert
1896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / (o´ω`o)ノ゙
Offline
Posted 6/8/17 , edited 6/8/17
Jailbreak an get premium for free

P.S
Spotifys better
nxvb 
1174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Somewhere to my l...
Offline
Posted 6/9/17
I like the idea of being able to play good music in my car while driving. While I could just listen to the car radio stations, I'm not a fan of hearing Pop-genre music, hence why I go to Pandora for metal. Imo, Pandora's a good service if you're okay with the occasional ads (one ad every few songs is okay with me). The only thing about Pandora that gets on my nerves is when I'm playing melo-death and Pandora decides to make me listen to every edited version of Lux Aeterna..
Posted 6/9/17

dulun18 wrote:
Do they sign you up for Pandora Premium automatically after # of listening hours ? I noticed I'm a premium member when i opened the app 10 minutes ago..


Chances are - you're on a trial "Pandora Plus/Premium" account that comes with the initial login/account creation.
As for the rest, I'm more of a Spotify user - as I can rip my own CDs at FLAC quality, stream at 320kbps bitrate or play the FLAC files through a media player (depending on the device and the app). Spotify is great for streaming and the library is rather comprehensive (since my music tastes vary from punk to metal to alternative to classical to jazz/blues to rap..... and so on).
2279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


Chances are - you're on a trial "Pandora Plus/Premium" account that comes with the initial login/account creation.

As for the rest, I'm more of a Spotify user - as I can rip my own CDs at FLAC quality, stream at 320kbps bitrate or play the FLAC files through a media player (depending on the device and the app). Spotify is great for streaming and the library is rather comprehensive (since my music tastes vary from punk to metal to alternative to classical to jazz/blues to rap..... and so on).


I've been using the free version for the last 2-3 months but I didn't' sign up for the trial. They signed me up just from opening the app...It's similar to how Wellsfargo will sign you up for paperless after just logging in..

Spotify ? does it have a free version ?
Posted 6/9/17

dulun18 wrote:
I've been using the free version for the last 2-3 months but I didn't' sign up for the trial. They signed me up just from opening the app...It's similar to how Wellsfargo will sign you up for paperless after just logging in..

Spotify ? does it have a free version ?


Spotify does have a free version. Though, to be honest, most of the reasons I use Spotify (other than its library) are the premium features (steams to Google Home, to Chromecast... shares downloadable playlists from PC to mobile as long as it's on the same network..etc).
2279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


Spotify does have a free version. Though, to be honest, most of the reasons I use Spotify (other than its library) are the premium features (steams to Google Home, to Chromecast... shares downloadable playlists from PC to mobile as long as it's on the same network..etc).


does it have some songs that you can't skip "due to licensing" unless you change station and then switching back to the same station again just to skip that specific song ?
7574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Pensacola
Offline
Posted 6/9/17
I use pandora and currently doing my free trial for premium. I listen to it while I work. and it does have a massive library. I got 500 songs in my thumbs up playlist. but I do pretty much here the same 8 hours worth of songs. every day. I doubt I will keep the premium as a lot of the songs I sought have rights issues and I couldn't thumb them up to add them to that channel. and 12.99 a month is kinda pointless when I can download all the songs I cannot hear on their station.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.