First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply How would a modern purely 100% feminist nation look like?
115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


phinalfantasy wrote:

Feminism is the equality of genders so, it'd be a rather progressive society i'd say. But of course this thread is full of gender discourse or sexism because people don't understand the fundamentals of feminism.
A feminist society would benefit everyone, including men, as all "misandry" stems from misogyny.


Hm, I guess America is a pretty progressive society.

As much as I'd like to close my ears and say "LA LA LA READ THE DICTIONARY", that's not the reality of the movement. The "fundamentals" of feminism don't speak for the movement known as the feminist movement.

I also don't know how you can say all sexism towards men is due to sexism towards women. A ) two wrongs don't make a right B ) there is no way the context for all misandry ever would be so coincidental as to stem from the same source C ) isn't that kind of like victim blaming?


I'm not saying two wrongs make a right, I'm saying misandry has misogynistic undertones. Masculinity can be very harmful and is so fragile, anytime a man is feminine he is riddiculed (because of misogyny). A cause of higher suicide rates in men is because expressing emotions is considered feminine and because it's feminine its Bad for a man to do that because guess what? It's misogyny. A young boy "throws like a girl" misogyny. Someone has "man boobs" boobs like seriously.

Because of patriarchy and misogyny women have been placed in this inferior role in society which also has an affect on the men of society.
11133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/9/17


Fair enough.

I do think that being gay having become so normalised though will increase it. I dunno. Hard to say for sure. Maybe as you say, more people would naturally be gay if it wasn't frowned upon and it is true about male masculinity and that being called a girl or a fag is still probably the biggest insult. Although now cuck is up there lol

I think feminism could increase being gay though. Alot of men would go gay instead of putting up with feminst bullshit! lol
Then again being A sexual would be more likely. I mean you probably would have to be born gay to kiss another man or do things to each others butt holes i mean EWWWWWW i guess you would have to be born that way to want to do that.
And i guess in a feminised nation there would still be prostitues oh wait i mean ah "sex workers"

Personally i find butt sex even with a women to be ewww. So iam pretty sure iam not gay lol.
9755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

Has anyone read "Y: The Last Man"?

I think the original question is kind of pointless.

I think though it's asking more about a dominant female society where women hold the majority of positions of power...

Y: the Last Man answers it pretty fucking well by showing that women and men aren't that different, and would fuck it up by acting in much the same way as a male dominant society does today.
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/10/17

phinalfantasy wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


phinalfantasy wrote:

Feminism is the equality of genders so, it'd be a rather progressive society i'd say. But of course this thread is full of gender discourse or sexism because people don't understand the fundamentals of feminism.
A feminist society would benefit everyone, including men, as all "misandry" stems from misogyny.


Hm, I guess America is a pretty progressive society.

As much as I'd like to close my ears and say "LA LA LA READ THE DICTIONARY", that's not the reality of the movement. The "fundamentals" of feminism don't speak for the movement known as the feminist movement.

I also don't know how you can say all sexism towards men is due to sexism towards women. A ) two wrongs don't make a right B ) there is no way the context for all misandry ever would be so coincidental as to stem from the same source C ) isn't that kind of like victim blaming?


I'm not saying two wrongs make a right, I'm saying misandry has misogynistic undertones. Masculinity can be very harmful and is so fragile, anytime a man is feminine he is riddiculed (because of misogyny). A cause of higher suicide rates in men is because expressing emotions is considered feminine and because it's feminine its Bad for a man to do that because guess what? It's misogyny. A young boy "throws like a girl" misogyny. Someone has "man boobs" boobs like seriously.

Because of patriarchy and misogyny women have been placin this inferior role in society which also has an affect on the men of society.


anything can be harmful if used incorrectly. Masculinity is a feature or attribute, not a person. Femininity can be used toxicly. I agree that there is a problem of making fun of feminine men but there is a spectrum we arent talking about. Sometimes its a simple joke, sometimes its bigotry. Most of the times id say its the former not the latter.

Throws like a girl is not misogny. I like how making fun of a guy is turned around to be about feminists and not the guy being harassed. Its a playground joke. On average most guys do throw better than girls. Its not funny because hurr durr girls suck. Its a joke about being inferior at the act of throwing.

Man boobs are real though...how is that sexist?

But in most western societies that is not true...
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Norway
Offline
Posted 6/9/17
Russia is not maly. There are far more women in Russia than there are men...


Apart from that what you are asking about is a place where Wonder Woman came from - the Amazons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazons_(DC_Comics) <- link to wiki describing Amazons.
5064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Norway
Offline
Posted 6/9/17
What do you mean by "feminist bullshit"?
Do you even know what feminism means?? Apparently not so much...
115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/10/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


phinalfantasy wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


phinalfantasy wrote:

Feminism is the equality of genders so, it'd be a rather progressive society i'd say. But of course this thread is full of gender discourse or sexism because people don't understand the fundamentals of feminism.
A feminist society would benefit everyone, including men, as all "misandry" stems from misogyny.


Hm, I guess America is a pretty progressive society.

As much as I'd like to close my ears and say "LA LA LA READ THE DICTIONARY", that's not the reality of the movement. The "fundamentals" of feminism don't speak for the movement known as the feminist movement.

I also don't know how you can say all sexism towards men is due to sexism towards women. A ) two wrongs don't make a right B ) there is no way the context for all misandry ever would be so coincidental as to stem from the same source C ) isn't that kind of like victim blaming?


I'm not saying two wrongs make a right, I'm saying misandry has misogynistic undertones. Masculinity can be very harmful and is so fragile, anytime a man is feminine he is riddiculed (because of misogyny). A cause of higher suicide rates in men is because expressing emotions is considered feminine and because it's feminine its Bad for a man to do that because guess what? It's misogyny. A young boy "throws like a girl" misogyny. Someone has "man boobs" boobs like seriously.

Because of patriarchy and misogyny women have been placin this inferior role in society which also has an affect on the men of society.


anything can be harmful if used incorrectly. Masculinity is a feature or attribute, not a person. Femininity can be used toxicly. I agree that there is a problem of making fun of feminine men but there is a spectrum we arent talking about. Sometimes its a simple joke, sometimes its bigotry. Most of the times id say its the former not the latter.

Throws like a girl is not misogny. I like how making fun of a guy is turned around to be about feminists and not the guy being harassed. Its a playground joke. On average most guys do throw better than girls. Its not funny because hurr durr girls suck. Its a joke about being inferior at the act of throwing.

Man boobs are real though...how is that sexist?

But in most western societies that is not true...



Throwing like a girl is misogyny, it mocks people for being inferior at throwing saying females are inferior at throwing, and it is comments like these that deter females from persuing sport, which is why recently girls playing sport is being promoted more.

Also men have "breasts" but "boob" is specifically a woman's breast which is why people specify "man boobs" just because a guy has a large breast.

Also "most western societies", we still live in a very patriarchal society today where the phallus is still a symbol of power, most houses have a man as the head.

Also I didn't say masculinity was a person, it's merely a concept.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/9/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:



Fair enough.

I do think that being gay having become so normalised though will increase it. I dunno. Hard to say for sure. Maybe as you say, more people would naturally be gay if it wasn't frowned upon and it is true about male masculinity and that being called a girl or a fag is still probably the biggest insult. Although now cuck is up there lol

I think feminism could increase being gay though. Alot of men would go gay instead of putting up with feminst bullshit! lol
Then again being A sexual would be more likely. I mean you probably would have to be born gay to kiss another man or do things to each others butt holes i mean EWWWWWW i guess you would have to be born that way to want to do that.
And i guess in a feminised nation there would still be prostitues oh wait i mean ah "sex workers"

Personally i find butt sex even with a women to be ewww. So iam pretty sure iam not gay lol.


I don't really feel like explaining why what you've been saying is wrong in detail, but basically.

Sexuality is concrete, yes you can choose to sleep with a man, but can you truly fall in love with them or have the same level of intimate relationship with a man as you can a woman? Same with prison, those prisoners are just getting off and using another human being as their sex doll, there's no level of intimacy, just a breathing sex toy.

As for the lesbian stuff involving the mother, either the woman was secretly bi or lesbian, or she was just acting lesbian because she hated men so much she didn't want to deal with them again. As for the daughters, abuse has some pretty detrimental effects on the mind and eventually you lie to yourself enough to the point you start believing the lie. I'm sure they managed to undo the psychological abuse and realize they were always heterosexual as soon as they were free from their mother though.

I'm not sure if you've ever heard of MGTOWs, which are honestly a very cringy group of people because of the constant misogyny in the things they say, but they're basically men who got tired of putting up with women and decided to live a life free of them, and they don't get into gay relationships because sexuality can't be changed like how you decide to eat a big mac.

9755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

Lady0905 wrote:

Russia is not maly. There are far more women in Russia than there are men...


Apart from that what you are asking about is a place where Wonder Woman came from - the Amazons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazons_(DC_Comics) <- link to wiki describing Amazons.


Actually... Wonder Woman was written by a guy into bondage, and although he was kinda a feminist, it's "complicated".....
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/9/17
well it would probably be similar to how dc comics shows how many of the amazonians feel about men i remember watching the justice league TV series as a kid and how they treated superman,batman etc after they helped they were not grateful and scorned them and they still exiled wonder woman for bring them just because they were guys is one possible how it would be like. though since men are needed in RL they would be treat almost like 2nd class citizens i would guess as well as not able to do stuff themselves. and I've heard about how some matriarchal societies where when it came to have kids the mother would often just sleep with whoever even if they were in some sort of long term relationship.
62117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 6/9/17
Without being inflammatory towards the movement for it's blatant and quite frankly, gross hypocrisies.

I would imagine a state something like what was portrayed in the movie, Demolition Man... Which really is hilarious because they called it back in the 90s... "New San Angeles" was it?

Enhance your calm.


And like that movie, it takes a mans man to bust up the system and set things straight.


Rant...\/
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/10/17

phinalfantasy wrote:

Throwing like a girl is misogyny, it mocks people for being inferior at throwing saying females are inferior at throwing, and it is comments like these that deter females from persuing sport, which is why recently girls playing sport is being promoted more.

Also men have "breasts" but "boob" is specifically a woman's breast which is why people specify "man boobs" just because a guy has a large breast.

Also "most western societies", we still live in a very patriarchal society today where the phallus is still a symbol of power, most houses have a man as the head.

Also I didn't say masculinity was a person, it's merely a concept.


No it's not. First of all , again , way to make bullying about your agenda instead of the person being hurt. And again, its commenting on something that is most of the time true. Are there girls that theough better than guys? Hell yea. I SUCK at throwing. But it is just more likely on average for a guy to do it better than a girl. Im not saying its a good thing to say, I think its stupid. But i dont think anyone who says it is inherently sexist or misogynistic for saying it. Also most people who say that are like 5 to 8. They probably still believe in cooties at that age. They dont have a deep passion for sexism, or even a good understanding of what it even is.

I know guys dont literally have boobs, but that comment isnt sexist. At least if someone had the intention of being sexist when saying you throw like a girl, I could see how that would be misogyny. But saying someone has "man boobs" is misogynistic? Man boobs are made fun of because it is not normal for a guy to have enlarged breasts. It is usually a sign of unhealthyess. most guys love boobs. when you make someone for having man boobs, its because its unnatural and for most people unnatractive. its not a statement about the inferiority of women.

Are you kidding me? Thats not true at all. we have entire movies and shows dedicated to pushing the agenda that women are powerful. The vagina is a more powerful statement id say. I mean one of the only reasons Amy Schumer, one of the worst comedians ever, is popular is because of her girl power message. And to be clear im not saying representation of female power is bad. its cool. i just think were getting to a point in society where male power is taken for granted and female power is put on a pedistal with a big ass spotlight.

Edit : which isnt a bad thing, but it does fly in the face of pop culture being misogynistic
11133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/9/17 , edited 6/9/17

Dogempire wrote:


I'm not sure if you've ever heard of MGTOWs, which are honestly a very cringy group of people because of the constant misogyny in the things they say, but they're basically men who got tired of putting up with women and decided to live a life free of them, and they don't get into gay relationships because sexuality can't be changed like how you decide to eat a big mac.



I actually have heard of them and i have watched several of their videos on you tube. I fail to see how you could take anything that they say as misogyny???
Yeah they basically just have one night stands or casual relationships , flings, go to brothels, fuck buddies, etc. Because now a days thanks to feminism marriage or even serious relationships are often not worth it.

They prefer their freedom over being locked down in a contract and controlled basically.

I guess it's not too dissimilar to the 3rd wave feminist idea that a women being a slut and not needing a man is empowering.



phinalfantasy wrote:

[


Throwing like a girl is misogyny, it mocks people for being inferior at throwing saying females are inferior at throwing, and it is comments like these that deter females from persuing sport, which is why recently girls playing sport is being promoted more.

Also men have "breasts" but "boob" is specifically a woman's breast which is why people specify "man boobs" just because a guy has a large breast.

Also "most western societies", we still live in a very patriarchal society today where the phallus is still a symbol of power, most houses have a man as the head.

Also I didn't say masculinity was a person, it's merely a concept.


lol that's bullshit. Women are inferior at throwing. i mean on average. It's not as insult to the girls themselves, its only an insult aimed at the male.
I mean if women were to play against men, the men would have superior strength. So they could both throw and kick the ball further or faster.
All that you would have to do is watch mens spots then womens and it is proven. Women have the fitness no doubt, the skills often also but not the strenght. That's just nature.
I mean my hands are twice the size of a females hands so it's not misogyny its just fact, nature. Again iam talking on average.

I dont follow American sports but watch cricket and Australian football, i mean watch a womens game vs a mens game and you'll see the proof right away.
Finding the obvious natural truth to be misogyny and offensive is just a sign of insecurity or victimhood. In my opinion.
I promise you i am not trying to offend you either.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/9/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:

I actually have heard of them and i have watched several of their videos on you tube. I fail to see how you could take anything that they say as misogyny???
Yeah they basically just have one night stands or casual relationships , flings, go to brothels, fuck buddies, etc. Because now a days thanks to feminism marriage or even serious relationships are often not worth it.

They prefer their freedom over being locked down in a contract and controlled basically.

I guess it's not too dissimilar to the 3rd wave feminist idea that a women being a slut and not needing a man is empowering.


I suppose it depends on which videos you watch, but I haven't watched any MGTOW videos in forever since they're kinda cringy, but I've seen them call women greedy, they're gold diggers that only care for men for their money, that they're shallow for having double standards in regards to height minimums, that they're manipulative for getting away with false rape allegations, that they try to control men using their femininity, etc. All in all just accusations that they seem to apply to all women and not just certain women.

Though like I said, I haven't seen any MGTOW videos in a while and the only time I ever click on them is if it covers an interesting story, but usually there's a lot of generalization of women that gets pretty annoying after a while.


27185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/9/17
Do I even want to know where this thread is heading...I suppose it's too late now.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.