First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Controversial Child Sex Dolls
3140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17
it sounds really weird but not illegal, just put whoever buys one on a watchlist
4021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17
The article mentioned some organization called Sexpo claimed international studies found that the sex dolls reduced the chance of rape. Anyone know of any of these studies?
70 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17

DevinKuska wrote:

I think this is a silly idea. We don't give bodies to necrophiliacs... why would we give a doll to a pedophile.


The last time I check, there isn't a law that prevent a necrophiliac from getting a doll.

13315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17
The same as Japanese doshinji to me. They have a lot of crazy stuff and it doesn't bother me in the least. Better the doll/porn then real people.
7333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CA
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17

sundin13 wrote:

Is there any research demonstrating an increased likelihood of committing sexual crimes tied causally to a legal manifestation of the fantasy such as this?


This is the right question to ask boys and girls and the answer is a big fat NO, there is no research showing more increased likelihood of committing sexual crimes from owning these dolls. Their is however plenty of research illustrating that watching horror movies, playing video games, listening to rap music or any other controversial activity for their time do not have any correlation between the activity itself and real life crimes.

I understand the disgust and vitriol people are having towards others owning and performing sexual acts on these things that look like children because I have the same feelings myself, I don't want it, I don't understand it, honestly I don't want anything to do with it but just because I feel those things doesn't mean I should judge how others should act or feel about the same subject because they don't hurt anyone. The kinds of people who do that are the same types who think everyone who watches anime is a pervert into tentacle rape, or that Trans that go into the "wrong" bathroom are future sexual predators; and they, the people who spoke out against all those activities I listed above, plus most of the people in this thread are all using the same bullshit slippery slope argument like its some kind of tried and true doctrine instead of the logical fallacy that it is.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17

RidiculousName wrote:

The article mentioned some organization called Sexpo claimed international studies found that the sex dolls reduced the chance of rape. Anyone know of any of these studies?


Unfortunately if you want to find the study you would want to find someone who speaks Finnish to try to backtrack it.

7676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17

Damien27 wrote:

This is the right question to ask boys and girls and the answer is a big fat NO, there is no research showing more increased likelihood of committing sexual crimes from owning these dolls. Their is however plenty of research illustrating that watching horror movies, playing video games, listening to rap music or any other controversial activity for their time do not have any correlation between the activity itself and real life crimes.

I understand the disgust and vitriol people are having towards others owning and performing sexual acts on these things that look like children because I have the same feelings myself, I don't want it, I don't understand it, honestly I don't want anything to do with it but just because I feel those things doesn't mean I should judge how others should act or feel about the same subject because they don't hurt anyone. The kinds of people who do that are the same types who think everyone who watches anime is a pervert into tentacle rape, or that Trans that go into the "wrong" bathroom are future sexual predators; and they, the people who spoke out against all those activities I listed above, plus most of the people in this thread are all using the same bullshit slippery slope argument like its some kind of tried and true doctrine instead of the logical fallacy that it is.


so since there is no data to suggest a pedophile is more or less likely to re-offend after using a child shaped doll you support it? I have no issue with some lolicon or pedophile use a pillow or w/e and use there imagination. But to give them a realistic doll seems like its meeting them halfway in their needs. The whole reason this is an issue is because we as a society say this type of sexual orientation is unacceptable/Taboo/Illegal.

Is there a study either way? Not that I can find, however I am a parent. I STRONGLY disagree with measures that at least in my mind encourage their sexual preferences that the US courts still find unethical, immoral and illegal. I am not willing to risk my child or any other child's well being on a trial basis for criminal activity. You can call me an idiot or whatever you like. I have already lost my daughter I refuse to lose any more.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17

DevinKuska wrote:


Damien27 wrote:

This is the right question to ask boys and girls and the answer is a big fat NO, there is no research showing more increased likelihood of committing sexual crimes from owning these dolls. Their is however plenty of research illustrating that watching horror movies, playing video games, listening to rap music or any other controversial activity for their time do not have any correlation between the activity itself and real life crimes.

I understand the disgust and vitriol people are having towards others owning and performing sexual acts on these things that look like children because I have the same feelings myself, I don't want it, I don't understand it, honestly I don't want anything to do with it but just because I feel those things doesn't mean I should judge how others should act or feel about the same subject because they don't hurt anyone. The kinds of people who do that are the same types who think everyone who watches anime is a pervert into tentacle rape, or that Trans that go into the "wrong" bathroom are future sexual predators; and they, the people who spoke out against all those activities I listed above, plus most of the people in this thread are all using the same bullshit slippery slope argument like its some kind of tried and true doctrine instead of the logical fallacy that it is.


so since there is no data to suggest a pedophile is more or less likely to re-offend after using a child shaped doll you support it? I have no issue with some lolicon or pedophile use a pillow or w/e and use there imagination. But to give them a realistic doll seems like its meeting them halfway in their needs. The whole reason this is an issue is because we as a society say this type of sexual orientation is unacceptable/Taboo/Illegal.

Is there a study either way? Not that I can find, however I am a parent. I STRONGLY disagree with measures that at least in my mind encourage their sexual preferences that the US courts still find unethical, immoral and illegal. I am not willing to risk my child or any other child's well being on a trial basis for criminal activity. You can call me an idiot or whatever you like. I have already lost my daughter I refuse to lose any more.


The way I see it the more they encourage people to get off without hurting anyone the less likely their sexual desires will manifest into a crime.

Besides, there was supposedly a study on the issue that suggested that the rate of rapes is reduced, but that study hasn't exactly been located because the letter detailing the study is in Finnish and people don't know how to cite their sources nowadays.

There's a reason middle eastern countries have high rates of rape, and it's not because of incidents where that one lady in a burka tripped and showed an ankle.

7333 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CA
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17

DevinKuska wrote:

so since there is no data to suggest a pedophile is more or less likely to re-offend after using a child shaped doll you support it? I have no issue with some lolicon or pedophile use a pillow or w/e and use there imagination. But to give them a realistic doll seems like its meeting them halfway in their needs. The whole reason this is an issue is because we as a society say this type of sexual orientation is unacceptable/Taboo/Illegal.

Is there a study either way? Not that I can find, however I am a parent. I STRONGLY disagree with measures that at least in my mind encourage their sexual preferences that the US courts still find unethical, immoral and illegal. I am not willing to risk my child or any other child's well being on a trial basis for criminal activity. You can call me an idiot or whatever you like. I have already lost my daughter I refuse to lose any more.


Yes I support it, same as I support every other adult activity I don't understand or find disgusting that is no one else's business & doesn't hurt anyone, do you or anyone else in this thread have any arguments beside the slippery slope logical fallacy?
7676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / Pacific North West
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17

Damien27 wrote:

Yes I support it, same as I support every other adult activity I don't understand or find disgusting that is no one else's business & doesn't hurt anyone, do you or anyone else in this thread have any arguments beside the slippery slope logical fallacy?


I do but you have stated very strongly how you feel, as well as how you feel about anyone having opposing views(As have I). So I think it best to stop. If you would honestly like to discuss the matter I would be happy to continue it via messages where personal issues wont de-rail the thread
Humms 
13408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17
xD what the fuck?

11402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Clinton, NY
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17
I think a .45 ACP would be more effective in treatment.
25585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17
For me Sex dolls in general are just weird, but since the person who owns one isnt fucking with actual kids and mind his own business I have no issue with it. Your money, do what you want with it. Me getting in someone pocket and concerning myself with what their doing with their funds would be a violation of the NAP and I cant do it.
12093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / People's Republic...
Offline
Posted 6/11/17 , edited 6/12/17

lucythefangirl5689 wrote:
I was just offering a temporary alternate on the current situation, your view is quite valid, though. It may increase their mental state on it but I was just thinking short-term.


Oh that's fine. We're not psychologists (I presume). It's an interesting topic.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.