First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Feminist researcher supports ‘combining intersectionality and quantum physics’
21463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/12/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Nope because trans people aren't the ones telling cis people where to shit


God I'm so sick of all these made up terms. I should just start face rolling my keyboard to create new genders.

Its called normal people.
18803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 6/12/17
The past you mean yesterday and that's just leaving room for gas lighting
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/12/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

The past you mean yesterday and that's just leaving room for gas lighting


By the past I mean on a different thread on a different day.

18803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/12/17
See literally just then
For the record cis comes from Latin meaning this side of in this case the gender binary naturally transitioning to the other side
He also literally made fun of gender-fluid people in this very thread today let me be angry dammit
8703 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 6/12/17

Rujikin wrote:


Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Nope because trans people aren't the ones telling cis people where to shit
I should just start face rolling my keyboard to create new genders.


You can sexually identify as a keyboard if you want
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/12/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

See literally just then
For the record cis comes from Latin meaning this side of in this case the gender binary naturally transitioning to the other side
He also literally made fun of gender-fluid people in this very thread today let me be angry dammit


Getting angry at people will just get you banned.

You're gonna have to stick to telling people why they're wrong if you're going to respond to anything you don't agree with.



21463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/12/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

See literally just then
For the record cis comes from Latin meaning this side of in this case the gender binary naturally transitioning to the other side
He also literally made fun of gender-fluid people in this very thread today let me be angry dammit


.... Being derived from that makes less sense than keyboard + face rolling. Saying hetro is too normal I guess. Gotta baconate the words, I can do it too.

You people and your obsession with gender. I'm so glad I dont have one. It seems like a hassle.


MonoDreams wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Nope because trans people aren't the ones telling cis people where to shit
I should just start face rolling my keyboard to create new genders.


You can sexually identify as a keyboard if you want


I do love hitting on keyboards. You may be onto something there.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/12/17

Rujikin wrote:

.... Being derived from that makes less sense than keyboard + face rolling. Saying hetro is too normal I guess. Gotta baconate the words, I can do it too.


They forgot part of the explanation:

Cisgender has its origin in the Latin-derived prefix cis-, meaning "on this side of", which means the opposite of trans-, meaning "across from" or "on the other side of".

Just felt like pointing it out since I was sort of curious where the term came from myself.

21463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/12/17

Dogempire wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

.... Being derived from that makes less sense than keyboard + face rolling. Saying hetro is too normal I guess. Gotta baconate the words, I can do it too.


They forgot part of the explanation:

Cisgender has its origin in the Latin-derived prefix cis-, meaning "on this side of", which means the opposite of trans-, meaning "across from" or "on the other side of".

Just felt like pointing it out since I was sort of curious where the term came from myself.



Isn't trans suppose to be between hetero and homo on your gender scale? So wouldn't both hetro and homo be cis then?
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/12/17

Rujikin wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

.... Being derived from that makes less sense than keyboard + face rolling. Saying hetro is too normal I guess. Gotta baconate the words, I can do it too.


They forgot part of the explanation:

Cisgender has its origin in the Latin-derived prefix cis-, meaning "on this side of", which means the opposite of trans-, meaning "across from" or "on the other side of".

Just felt like pointing it out since I was sort of curious where the term came from myself.



Isn't trans suppose to be between hetero and homo on your gender scale? So wouldn't both hetro and homo be cis then?


No, the word "trans" pertains to gender, while homosexuality and heterosexuality has to do with sexual orientation.

Anyone who identifies with the gender they were born as is described as cisgendered, so a person who is gay and part of the LGBT community can still be cisgendered if they identify with the gender they were born as.

That being said, transgendered people are included in the LGBT community since it encompasses anyone who can be described as queer, with queer meaning they're not heterosexual or cisgender.



25473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 6/12/17

Dogempire wrote:

I agree with this woman, and while we're at it we can upgrade South African iPads to run on African voodoo curse magic instead of electricity and instead of a charger you can hire an African shaman to send a bolt of lightning at the iPad to charge it.

]


Afterwards can we get these guys to figure out how to get the Pyramids back to space?


21712 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/13/17

dragontackle wrote:


Dogempire wrote:

I agree with this woman, and while we're at it we can upgrade South African iPads to run on African voodoo curse magic instead of electricity and instead of a charger you can hire an African shaman to send a bolt of lightning at the iPad to charge it.

]


Afterwards can we get these guys to figure out how to get the Pyramids back to space?




it took me almost a day but I now remember the video ur referencing LOL
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/13/17

dragontackle wrote:


Dogempire wrote:

I agree with this woman, and while we're at it we can upgrade South African iPads to run on African voodoo curse magic instead of electricity and instead of a charger you can hire an African shaman to send a bolt of lightning at the iPad to charge it.

]


Afterwards can we get these guys to figure out how to get the Pyramids back to space?




I dunno, that's gonna take several trillion Jujus of voodoo power. You'll have to educate a whole lot of people on the subject of South African curse magic to create the energy necessary.

69690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 6/13/17
Just another crazy story there as the last time I checked, intersectionality and quantum physics don't mix. While it may be true, it's not something with much merit to it. Some people just say things for the heck of it.
21463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/13/17

Dogempire wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


Dogempire wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

.... Being derived from that makes less sense than keyboard + face rolling. Saying hetro is too normal I guess. Gotta baconate the words, I can do it too.


They forgot part of the explanation:

Cisgender has its origin in the Latin-derived prefix cis-, meaning "on this side of", which means the opposite of trans-, meaning "across from" or "on the other side of".

Just felt like pointing it out since I was sort of curious where the term came from myself.



Isn't trans suppose to be between hetero and homo on your gender scale? So wouldn't both hetro and homo be cis then?


No, the word "trans" pertains to gender, while homosexuality and heterosexuality has to do with sexual orientation.

Anyone who identifies with the gender they were born as is described as cisgendered, so a person who is gay and part of the LGBT community can still be cisgendered if they identify with the gender they were born as.

That being said, transgendered people are included in the LGBT community since it encompasses anyone who can be described as queer, with queer meaning they're not heterosexual or cisgender.





But trans is a physical change so why wouldn't it be in the same category as sex?

So why do you even care about and have a gender?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.