Post Reply Identifying a piece of music
1917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/12/17 , edited 6/12/17
Hello!

So I was perusing the news section here and found an article celebrating the 25th anniversary of Ali Project.

Within the article, they had a link to this video, the melody of which I'm certain I've heard before, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the piece, so I was wondering if anyone would know off-hand.

If so, I'd be most grateful if you would let me know. Not remembering will drive me insane!

Thanks in advance!
9284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/17
If you've heard the opening to Another it sounds familiar
668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 6/12/17

Potentsaliva wrote:

If you've heard the opening to Another it sounds familiar


Lol. All of their stuff sounds like that.
33228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Side 6
Offline
Posted 6/13/17
The song title is right there in the title of the video. And in the description.
1917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/13/17 , edited 6/13/17

Potentsaliva wrote:

If you've heard the opening to Another it sounds familiar


Thank you for the response!

Oh, but I should have clarified. I'm not talking about the "Ali Project" portion of the song. The very beginning has a phrase played by strings repeated twice. This phrase comes from a famous piece of classical music, but I don't remember what it's called or by who.

It's a classical piece that I think must be fairly "modern" judging by the melody. Almost certainly romantic or impressionist. It reminds me of something by Faure or Ravel.


sena3927 wrote:

The song title is right there in the title of the video. And in the description.


Thank you for the response but... are you certain? I think perhaps you were subject to my lack of proper explanation like the above poster. Sorry about that!
33228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Side 6
Offline
Posted 6/14/17
Sorry, I did misunderstand. You could try a music recognition app like SoundHound or Shazam.
35918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 6/15/17

Cait_Sidhe wrote:

Oh, but I should have clarified. I'm not talking about the "Ali Project" portion of the song. The very beginning has a phrase played by strings repeated twice. This phrase comes from a famous piece of classical music, but I don't remember what it's called or by who.

It's a classical piece that I think must be fairly "modern" judging by the melody. Almost certainly romantic or impressionist. It reminds me of something by Faure or Ravel.

It sounds like they sped up part of the first movement of Bartok's Six Romanian Folk Dances.
1917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/15/17

iriomote wrote:


Cait_Sidhe wrote:

Oh, but I should have clarified. I'm not talking about the "Ali Project" portion of the song. The very beginning has a phrase played by strings repeated twice. This phrase comes from a famous piece of classical music, but I don't remember what it's called or by who.

It's a classical piece that I think must be fairly "modern" judging by the melody. Almost certainly romantic or impressionist. It reminds me of something by Faure or Ravel.

It sounds like they sped up part of the first movement of Bartok's Six Romanian Folk Dances.


Yes! This does seem to be it! Thank you!

Interesting. I don't think I've listened to much of anything by Bartok, but this is quite a nice collection of pieces - especially the third and fourth. After looking him up, seems like I was right that he is fairly modern though.

Once again, thanks for the info!
You must be logged in to post.