First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply New Catalog Titles from Funimation: Eureka Seven, Casshern Sins, Soul Eater, Attack on Titan: Junior High and
11507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Nevada
Offline
Posted 6/22/17 , edited 6/22/17
Dang Crunchyroll! Way to step up! Highly recommend Casshern Sins to anybody that hasn't seen it yet.
12188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/17
I swears I seen Eureka Seven before on CR... What's happened while I gone in 5 years?
jree78 
76778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 6/22/17 , edited 6/22/17

JoshB2084 wrote:

I swears I seen Eureka Seven before on CR... What's happened while I gone in 5 years?


Bandai had it, gave it to Crunchyroll. Bandai went away, Eureka Seven went with it. Funimation picked it up.
12188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 6/22/17 , edited 6/22/17

jree78 wrote:


JoshB2084 wrote:

I swears I seen Eureka Seven before on CR... What's happened while I gone in 5 years?


Bandai had it, gave it to Crunchyroll. Bandai went away, Eureka Seven went with it. Funimation picked it up.



Then Crunchyroll/Funimation bring it back to stream. Right?
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / behind a computer...
Offline
Posted 6/22/17
We got nothing. Again. This is getting really depressing.
60 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/22/17 , edited 6/29/17

jbmhbleach97 wrote:

Rest of the world: We still waiting to Crunchyroll to bring us at least one or two animes to see with the season premieres...
Eccentric Family was one of them, but don't know why now it's only for US & Canada



akai_ryu wrote:

Glad to see that The Excentric Family is b... wait a second! Come on, you've to be kidding me. Why is this blocked outside the US and Canada?! Originally, this could be watched in more regions than that. The currently airing second season is available in more countries than that, too. So, what the h*** happened? I just hope that reducing region availability doesn't become in a new silly trend. :angry:



Ananisapta wrote:

Got all excited when I saw season 1 of Eccentric Family was back.....only to have my hopes dashed once again. Australia generally hasn't gotten a thing from the previous 'catalog additions', so I'm not sure why I was surprised, but still, rather disappointing considering we did actually have access to that one once.



redfoxfive wrote:

Not much viewing for Australian members lately, Have we been forgotten?.



casandra wrote:

We got nothing. Again. This is getting really depressing.


CR never cared about people outside US, now when they work with Funimation things look even worse. Also it's kinda funny how they demand same price worldwide even if they block most series outside USA (for example in my country we have access to less than half of catalog).
26 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / England
Offline
Posted 6/23/17
Devil May Cry is a great series so glad it's join the family!
Is-9 
14498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Sweden
Offline
Posted 6/23/17
It's too bad that that everything more than a few years old is bound to be US/Canada only.

I sometimes catch myself thinking 'why are all the GOOD shows US/Canada only while we get all the low-profile shows' in these threads. But the truth is that what's being brought over seems to be an even mix of high-profile classics (that are too old to have wider rights) and recent shows (wider rights, but a lot more hit-and-miss in terms of quality and popularity).

If only it was financially worthwhile to renegotiate, not everything, but at least the well-remembered classics (so your Bebops, your Lains, your Soul Eaters) for a wider audience - but those rights are probably spread thin over a dozen local companies even if they DO pull enough traffic to be worth expanding. Then again, if Kazé ever decided to do a Funiroll style partnership, that would change essentially everything.
917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 6/23/17

Is-9 wrote:

It's too bad that that everything more than a few years old is bound to be US/Canada only.

I sometimes catch myself thinking 'why are all the GOOD shows US/Canada only while we get all the low-profile shows' in these threads. But the truth is that what's being brought over seems to be an even mix of high-profile classics (that are too old to have wider rights) and recent shows (wider rights, but a lot more hit-and-miss in terms of quality and popularity).

If only it was financially worthwhile to renegotiate, not everything, but at least the well-remembered classics (so your Bebops, your Lains, your Soul Eaters) for a wider audience - but those rights are probably spread thin over a dozen local companies even if they DO pull enough traffic to be worth expanding. Then again, if Kazé ever decided to do a Funiroll style partnership, that would change essentially everything.


but at least you guys get something. We finns have only got AoT s2
Licensing people think that Finland is eastern european country apparently.
This is making me sad that we finns can't see good funi titles here in CR.
KHKYLE 
3196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/17
Thanks for more unfair bullshit -_-
Der Zoodirektor
26159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

Sacr3ds wrote:

CR never cared about people outside US, now when they work with Funimation things look even worse. Also it's kinda funny how they demand same price worldwide even if they block most series outside USA (for example in my country we have access to less than half of catalog).


This is basically Funimation's catalog moving over. The underlying contract does not change, which means that we can only receive the regions that Funimation licensed back in the days. Actually in quite a few cases availability on Crunchyroll expands previous availability, as Funimation does have rights for select titles in parts of Europe and some odd other countries that their own streaming outlets did not serve. For some countries Funimation may have also already exclusively sublicensed to other companies prior to striking the deal with us, which explains the absence of Oceania and UK/IE from some titles in particular.

An expansion of English language coverage to other regions would have to be negotiated by Funimation for all of these titles. For other key language regions (French-, Italian, German- and Spanish-speaking Europe) most of the titles are actually already licensed by other companies, and usually available for streaming - just not on Crunchyroll. For those titles to come to Crunchyroll, the local publishers need to be willing to strike a deal with Crunchyroll similar to the one we have with Funimation.

As for the pricing: Any customers who have billing in their local currency pays less than an US subscriber. They pay 10 to 25% less, depending on where they are located. Half of the subscription fee is forwarded to the producers of the titles they actually watched, not any title that they didn't watch. Out of the other half of their membership fee, Crunchyroll has to pay for all of the expenses of the service, e.g. financial transaction fees associated to the subscriptions, personnel, translation, bandwidth, servers, power, office spaces, licenses, etc. If they are in a region with less content available, they are certainly not financing the catalog in a region that has more content available - it's more likely vice-versa.
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F
Offline
Posted 6/23/17
Whoa! DMC is sooooo bad.

How about buying all the rights to old ADV Films and Pioneer animes? They're just sitting there, rotting away with holding companies that don't want them. Earlier in the month Crunchyroll had a news story about Saiyuki Reload Blast, but why even mention it when neither FUNimation or Crunchyroll have the rights to any of the previous series, and don't seem to want to buy them from the holding company that owns them.
22070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 6/23/17
Attack on Titan: Junior High hmmm

I guess it's time to
SING A SAD SONG TO A POTATO!!!!!

63487 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Eastern USA
Offline
Posted 6/24/17
Great additions to the catalog!! Eureka Seven is one of my all-time favorite shows!
2017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/17
OOoooh! Eureka Seven! Finally! That was the first anime I ever watched in full years and years ago! Definitely one of my favorites!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.