First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
facebook accidently reveals moderators identitits to terroists
36618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/17/17

redokami wrote:
read the link -_-
i don't click links, i just try to puzzle it together from what i'm given.
700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/17/17
Far too much risk for $15/hr. while FB rakes in billions.
36618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/17/17
i get it know, its in the title
i quite enjoyed this play on words
1161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/17/17
facebook can go straight to hell and stay there. I forgot my sign in ID almost 3 years ago
1161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/18/17
no, facebook actually sucks
runec 
39536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/17/17

octorockandroll wrote:
Yes, because you absolutely need to have a picture of yourself and an address on your facebook page. Not to mention how that's definitely something you could only find by hacking and not jsut looking at your public profile.


In fairness we're not talking about a hack with this story we're talking about a bug in the security software. No on hacked Facebook to get the profile of their contractors. Facebook's software farked up and exposed them to the very groups they were moderating.



DengekiFugu wrote:
Far too much risk for $15/hr. while FB rakes in billions.


$15 an hour to kill yourself slowly doing work you're not trained properly for thats full of horrifying stressful shit? Yep, that's contract work alright.

$15 is about what I made at my old company, and contracting us out to handle terrible things without training was our sales department's entire MO. And all I got to show for that was PTSD and chronic pain for the rest of my life. Which they were very sorry about but did not admit any responsibility for. -.-

I suppose on the upside I didn't need to go into hiding to avoid ISIS at least.








12143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/17/17

runec wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:
Yes, because you absolutely need to have a picture of yourself and an address on your facebook page. Not to mention how that's definitely something you could only find by hacking and not jsut looking at your public profile.


In fairness we're not talking about a hack with this story we're talking about a bug in the security software. No on hacked Facebook to get the profile of their contractors. Facebook's software farked up and exposed them to the very groups they were moderating.




That's true but first of all any software that even approaches the size of facebook is going to have some bugs and second her stated issue was that it was "unsafe and easily hackable" so what I said is still relevant.
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/17/17
I use facebook for my games my profile is ugly no photos stripped down info etc.
my family has been trying to get me on instagram? I'm like hell no i hate photo sharing the idea of photos floating around the internet
is cringy.
1565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada, Toronto
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/17/17
From what I read, I can now confirm that the Facebook white-collar hackers is targeting the social conservatives. The Facebook administrators are affiliated with the Libertarians who are on the social left but economic right. Their hacking used to target the Communists and Socialists but they are now targeting the populists and Trumpers. From the Facebook posts of their hacked Communist accounts, the Libertarians had intense power struggle with Trump even at the beginning of 2016.
2045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/18/17
In my opinion, the moderators can go **** Satan, as they have already ****** their boss and probably God too (As somebody hasn't charged into Facebook to protest the nonsense yet, which is a miracle). Why else would you explain the fact that there is a bunch of unsafe-for-teens BS on Facebook? Somebody gets cyberbullied and it doesn't get pulled down because it isn't against the rules. A pro-rape group too.
21907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/17/17 , edited 6/18/17

k0k0r0k0r0 wrote:

In my opinion, the moderators can go **** Satan, as they have already ****** their boss and probably God too (As somebody hasn't charged into Facebook to protest the nonsense yet, which is a miracle). Why else would you explain the fact that there is a bunch of unsafe-for-teens BS on Facebook? Somebody gets cyberbullied and it doesn't get pulled down because it isn't against the rules. A pro-rape group too.


dot forget isis, lol
nxvb 
1510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Somewhere to my l...
Offline
Posted 6/18/17 , edited 6/18/17
I think this is one of the cases on why FB's policy on its users needing to use their real names and information is sort of controversial..
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.