First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Luffy wants to be the pirate king but whats he really after?
6501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/18/17
He's only desire is to be a legend next to gold roger while sailing with hes friends on a cool ship
certainly he's not after gold, like wise goku cares for family more then power. OMP wants a challenge and to be famous.
Ash wants to be a master. Etc
But back to luffy, he is also a food eating pig, doesnt care about gold like most other people are
Nami is the most wanting fortune in the crew. He also cares for hes crew
But whats the point of being a pirate if hes not in it for the gold? He might as well join the navy
Also pirates attack others, they dont, so again whats luffy really after? A lame title?
He could care less on gold
83869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/18/17
Were Whitebeard or Roger in it solely for gold?
34115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 6/18/17
food
5606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/18/17 , edited 6/20/17
Like all men, he's after that sweet puss.
7968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/18/17
Doesn't sound like you've read the series then, or at least, not much of it. Luffy's motivation and understanding of it are made perfectly clear during the course of the story.
888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mississippi
Offline
Posted 6/18/17 , edited 6/18/17

HateKillingCamels wrote:

Like all men, he's after that sweet puss.


Gay guys are not after pussy at all. Nor am I.


I assume he wants adventure.
5476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/19/17
He's made that way in order to allow the viewer to identify with him and picture themselves as the protagonist. In order to appeal to the wider audience he does not have very specific defining traits as that would alienate part of the audience.
20895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

Darkwolf068 wrote:

He's only desire is to be a legend next to gold roger while sailing with hes friends on a cool ship
certainly he's not after gold, like wise goku cares for family more then power. OMP wants a challenge and to be famous.
Ash wants to be a master. Etc
But back to luffy, he is also a food eating pig, doesnt care about gold like most other people are
Nami is the most wanting fortune in the crew. He also cares for hes crew
But whats the point of being a pirate if hes not in it for the gold? He might as well join the navy
Also pirates attack others, they dont, so again whats luffy really after? A lame title?
He could care less on gold


Seriously? The only time Goku shows interest in his kids is when they're fighting. He'd gladly leave his family for months even years to do training and get stronger. Piccolo is more of a father to Gohan, even a better grandfather to Pan.

As for your question I just think we wants an adventure. It's not like he's in a rush to be KotP.
24142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 6/20/17
Luffy wants adventure and the fun of exploration. He doesn't join the Navy, as the World's Government is an incredibly corrupt empire wishing to subjugate the world. Luffy is freedom in contrasting to the World's Government desire for complete control and wealth. He is a force of good that doesn't give a fuck, and is quite chaotic and follows his own path and his own set of morals regardless of the danger or threats on his life. He doesn't follow laws, but he isn't evil like some of the other pirates we have seen. He is simply seizing life by the handles, in a world that goes on and on and on.
15059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/17
He wants to give a dude his hat back, that's all.
1803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / US
Offline
Posted 6/21/17
Chapter 507
"The pirate king is just the freest man on the sea"
https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Luffy-want-to-become-the-king-of-the-pirates


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Luffy wants adventure and the fun of exploration. He doesn't join the Navy, as the World's Government is an incredibly corrupt empire wishing to subjugate the world. Luffy is freedom in contrasting to the World's Government desire for complete control and wealth. He is a force of good that doesn't give a fuck, and is quite chaotic and follows his own path and his own set of morals regardless of the danger or threats on his life. He doesn't follow laws, but he isn't evil like some of the other pirates we have seen. He is simply seizing life by the handles, in a world that goes on and on and on.



Being the pirate king is freedom incarnate, which Luffy wants most. He doesn't steal, rape, pillage, etc.
But those are his own rules, not the governments
24142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 6/21/17

zero356 wrote:

Chapter 507
"The pirate king is just the freest man on the sea"
https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Luffy-want-to-become-the-king-of-the-pirates


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Luffy wants adventure and the fun of exploration. He doesn't join the Navy, as the World's Government is an incredibly corrupt empire wishing to subjugate the world. Luffy is freedom in contrasting to the World's Government desire for complete control and wealth. He is a force of good that doesn't give a fuck, and is quite chaotic and follows his own path and his own set of morals regardless of the danger or threats on his life. He doesn't follow laws, but he isn't evil like some of the other pirates we have seen. He is simply seizing life by the handles, in a world that goes on and on and on.



Being the pirate king is freedom incarnate, which Luffy wants most. He doesn't steal, rape, pillage, etc.
But those are his own rules, not the governments


Indeed, his own morality. He only obeys laws that he sees no reason to break or align with his morality. Often, people ask why people like pirates, and I come to the conclusion that it is no different than the past fascination with the wild west or some interpretation of space travel. Traveling from place to place, unburdened or unprotected by rule of law seems pretty attractive, a place of true self determination versus this world where which high school one goes to is determined by their performance in middle school.

47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 6/21/17
he wants the d

donuts
qwueri 
21133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 6/21/17
As has been stated already, he's after freedom and adventure. Pretty sure he stated that outright when Rayleigh offered to tell him the secret of One Piece and Luffy outright rejected the offer.
6501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/15/17
Id say so but they dead
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.