First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply HIDIVE - New anime streaming site
30802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hertfordshire, UK
Offline
Posted 6/20/17 , edited 6/20/17
So we have another anime streaming site, I wonder what will become of Anime Network Online.

https://www.hidive.com/
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 6/20/17
Is this service by Sentai?
34345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/17
Seems -very- suspicious.
30802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hertfordshire, UK
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

KirbyDogs wrote:

Is this service by Sentai?


I think it's a partnership with Sentai.
7732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/20/17 , edited 6/20/17

MrJoMiMo92 wrote:


KirbyDogs wrote:

Is this service by Sentai?


I think it's a partnership with Sentai.


I'm pretty sure it's Anime Network rebranding. They were advertising "big changes" through Emails yesterday https://forums.theanimenetwork.com/t/sentai-filmworks-anime-network-newsletters-blogs-more/7714/1019

Edit: there is currently a bug where some users outside of the US are being blocked. Apparently it is being worked on.
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 6/20/17 , edited 6/20/17
The site's been down for me for a while. Shameful.

Nice 404 page tho lol

30802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hertfordshire, UK
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

Doublethree1 wrote:


MrJoMiMo92 wrote:


KirbyDogs wrote:

Is this service by Sentai?


I think it's a partnership with Sentai.


I'm pretty sure it's Anime Network rebranding. They were advertising "big changes" through Emails yesterday https://forums.theanimenetwork.com/t/sentai-filmworks-anime-network-newsletters-blogs-more/7714/1019

Edit: THIS SEEMS TO BE US ONLY WITH NO WARNING BEFORE SUBSCRIBING . I watched one of the free episodes just to check out the player, thought I might as well get it for the cheaper price, as soon as I subscribed I was greeted with this http://imgur.com/a/TohXS. Nice how I wasn't warned at all and can even watch free stuff. Great first impression. I'm in Canada BTW.


That's right, just being technical because this is more of a Section 23 creation. It's not US only, on Twitter they said that it's available in the UK but people are having the same problem as you. It's beta so it's not surprising there are bugs.
7732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

MrJoMiMo92 wrote:

That's right, just being technical because this is more of a Section 23 creation. It's not US only, on Twitter they said that it's available in the UK but people are having the same problem as you. It's beta so it's not surprising there are bugs.


I Emailed them and it is a bug. They told me a workaround is creating a second account but not subscribing. Not sure what that would help with though.
30802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hertfordshire, UK
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

Doublethree1 wrote:


MrJoMiMo92 wrote:

That's right, just being technical because this is more of a Section 23 creation. It's not US only, on Twitter they said that it's available in the UK but people are having the same problem as you. It's beta so it's not surprising there are bugs.


I Emailed them and it is a bug. They told me a workaround is creating a second account but not subscribing. Not sure what that would help with though.


That's annoying. Gonna hold off subscribing till I know what is actually available in the UK and what simulcasts they're getting in the summer.
riem2k 
11146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

Doublethree1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's Anime Network rebranding. They were advertising "big changes" through Emails yesterday https://forums.theanimenetwork.com/t/sentai-filmworks-anime-network-newsletters-blogs-more/7714/1019

Edit: THIS SEEMS TO BE US ONLY WITH NO WARNING BEFORE SUBSCRIBING . I watched one of the free episodes just to check out the player, thought I might as well get it for the cheaper price, as soon as I subscribed I was greeted with this http://imgur.com/a/TohXS. Nice how I wasn't warned at all and can even watch free stuff. Great first impression. I'm in Canada BTW.


Already looking bad for Canadians if that's the case since licensors bundle North America streaming rights together, this seems to be heading towards the Viz/Hulu strategy to ignore Canada.
7732 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

riem2k wrote:


Doublethree1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's Anime Network rebranding. They were advertising "big changes" through Emails yesterday https://forums.theanimenetwork.com/t/sentai-filmworks-anime-network-newsletters-blogs-more/7714/1019

Edit: THIS SEEMS TO BE US ONLY WITH NO WARNING BEFORE SUBSCRIBING . I watched one of the free episodes just to check out the player, thought I might as well get it for the cheaper price, as soon as I subscribed I was greeted with this http://imgur.com/a/TohXS. Nice how I wasn't warned at all and can even watch free stuff. Great first impression. I'm in Canada BTW.


Already looking bad for Canadians if that's the case since licensors bundle North America streaming rights together, this seems to be heading towards the Viz/Hulu strategy to ignore Canada.


Going to edit that post, apparently it's a bug.
10043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Pittsburgh, PA USA
Offline
Posted 6/20/17
So Anime Network online will most likely eventually be phased out, but the video on demand service will continue. It's apparently doing relatively well, and added Comcast again several months ago. As for the major Tv providers, it's now only missing from Dish Network. The new site isn't a rebranding of Anime Network, as the two are separate services.

Hidive will be international, and will cover regions where Sentai, or whoever licenses the show has the ability to stream the show. In the case of Sentai's newer licenses, this usually includes North and South America, the U.K., Australia, and occasionally South Africa and Turkey.. However, many of Sentai's series are sublicensed to Australian companies who stream them there, so they may not be on Hidive.

The website is currently in beta and got hit with much higher traffic than they expected. They are still working out a number of bugs, including the region locking issue. Most of the website is currently on lock down while they address the issues.

I think Hidive is an attempt to offer a third party streaming platform to better compete with CR, but is somewhat independent of Sentai and Section 23.
20199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/17
403 Forbidden
15 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/20/17
Super interested in Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and I'll try out the service, uh...

Well.

When WILL they get their site running. What, they were surprised a bunch of people would want to use it the first day? (Headdesk)
22951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

fitzrose wrote:

Super interested in Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and I'll try out the service, uh...

Well.

When WILL they get their site running. What, they were surprised a bunch of people would want to use it the first day? (Headdesk)


That's the thing with any site launch, you can only Beta Test with so many people, but when everyone comes on to check it out from different IPs all over the world you really can't accurately check that in closed Beta...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.