First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply should people with autism have a say in political things? voting, debating, etc,
10972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 6/20/17 , edited 6/20/17

redokami wrote:

that doesn't help me here at all..


Yeah, because people without the expertise required to properly understand something are not the right people to ask about such things.
21714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/17 , edited 6/20/17

octorockandroll wrote:

Yeah, because people without the expertise required to properly understand something are not the right people to ask about such things.


shrinks arentexperts if anything they are just as stupid as the general public, just that they have read books
take it fromme, ive been seeing shrinks since I was a toddler
its telling when ive been able to diagnose shit abut my body,mental and pshycial, long before a shrink or doctor does, and also I myself find a med that would work, long before they do,
28497 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 6/20/17
of course anyone who says otherwise has mental issues far worse.
10972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 6/20/17

redokami wrote:

shrinks arentexperts if anything they are just as stupid as the general public, just that they have read books


Books with the information required to prepare them to do things like answer your question about your mental state.

Hello McFly.
21714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

octorockandroll wrote:


redokami wrote:

shrinks arentexperts if anything they are just as stupid as the general public, just that they have read books


Books with the information required to prepare them to do things like answer your question about your mental state.

Hello McFly.


mcfly??
10972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 6/20/17

redokami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


redokami wrote:

shrinks arentexperts if anything they are just as stupid as the general public, just that they have read books


Books with the information required to prepare them to do things like answer your question about your mental state.

Hello McFly.


mcfly??


Back to the Future joke.
1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

redokami wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Why wouldn't people with "autism", whatever that may actually be, have a say in political matters? They have opinions and the means of expressing them, don't they?


to some, we aren't human


Wow, you really do like playing the victim don't you? Who the hell said people with autism aren't human?
21714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/17 , edited 6/20/17

DrunkKanti wrote:


redokami wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Why wouldn't people with "autism", whatever that may actually be, have a say in political matters? They have opinions and the means of expressing them, don't they?


to some, we aren't human


Wow, you really do like playing the victim don't you? Who the hell said people with autism aren't human?


teachers, fellow students, DOCTORS, in fucking particular, I fucking hate doctors
yes they have fucking said it
edit: I have noticed the past few times you have responded to me, you love to try and antagonize me,
also, notice I said to some, im talking about personal experience, but I guess again, my experience doesn't matter
edit: for future reference, I wont respond to you again, because unlike others on here, even tho they are asses sometimes, every single time you start out in a antagonizing manner and at this point its on purpose
1495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 6/20/17 , edited 6/20/17

redokami wrote:

teachers, fellow students, DOCTORS, in fucking particular, I fucking hate doctors
yes they have fucking said it


Really? They actually said "people with autism aren't human?" Because I'm nearly positive a doctor would never say something like that. They're smart enough to know better. In fact, I honestly do not believe anyone has ever said that to you. I'm sure there are idiots or bullies out there that might say something like that but really? Teachers, students, and doctors? How many people have told you that you weren't human because of autism? Because I really find it hard to believe ALL those people have said that. Maybe they made fun of you and you got your feelings hurt , but people don't actually think that people with autism aren't human. You're just being melo-dramatic. I'm on the spectrum myself and I've never felt discriminated against because of it. Maybe you should find better people to hang around with.

I'm not trying to antagonize you. I just notice you playing the "poor me" card a lot and I can't help but roll my eyes at all these first world problems of yours.


redokami wrote:
edit: for future reference, I wont respond to you again, because unlike others on here, even tho they are asses sometimes, every single time you start out in a antagonizing manner and at this point its on purpose


Yup, victim card pulled again.
207672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 6/20/17
of course !


they have human rights too!
21467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/20/17
Yeah why shouldn't they? They are people just like everyone else.


redokami wrote:

to some, we aren't human



How are you not human? Your genetics determine such a thing not whatever measurement they are using.

Besides being human means your related to these people in some way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4J3TGNE8Uw

Idk about you but that irritates me and not being considered human seems like a plus when it means your no longer related to the above, even though genetically you still are T_T.


octorockandroll wrote:


redokami wrote:

that doesn't help me here at all..


Yeah, because people without the expertise required to properly understand something are not the right people to ask about such things.


At one point in time "experts" thought drilling a hole in the skull would relieve pressure on the brain and stop headaches. You can become an expert in Math and sciences that you can validate through math but in Psychology its pretty much a guessing game that changes every decade. Especially when people without the "issue" are trying to understand it from an outside view.


DrunkKanti wrote:


redokami wrote:
edit: for future reference, I wont respond to you again, because unlike others on here, even tho they are asses sometimes, every single time you start out in a antagonizing manner and at this point its on purpose


Yup, victim card pulled again.


Your very first response in this thread was a direct attack and you had nothing else to say but that criticism. It looks like your targeting her to me.
27705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 6/20/17

DrunkKanti wrote:


redokami wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Why wouldn't people with "autism", whatever that may actually be, have a say in political matters? They have opinions and the means of expressing them, don't they?


to some, we aren't human


Wow, you really do like playing the victim don't you? Who the hell said people with autism aren't human?


I've heard it from my relatives said towards my other relative in anger. I see the way people look at and avoid them. Rights for people with developmental disabilities has been improving but the perception hasn't. Posts like this show there is a lack of understanding and empathy towards people in this position. Every time someone looks at them funny it triggers a fear in them that indeed makes them feel victimized.

Skip to 34:25, listen, learn, reflect.

https://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/234/say-anything
46895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 6/20/17
This question is depressing.
3054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 6/20/17
Welp



Time to see who says I shouldn't vote. lol
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.