First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Dash cam footage shows brutal traffic stop of Asian man in Worthington
2479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17
it's the usual headline

http://www.citypages.com/news/dash-cam-footage-shows-brutal-traffic-stop-of-asian-man-in-worthington-video/430172143

Worthington dash-cam video of Anthony Promvongsa arrest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpI1oE00NcQ

the guy has a history but this is excessive force nonetheless .

48328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17
Wow that was disgusting. The fuck was the cop thinking? You can tell the officer that drivers him away is trying to figure out wtf he just saw.
6744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / AI / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 6/23/17
Every single comment is about how random police should just get shot and killed, which I find much worse than the video.
186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

Ocale wrote:

Every single comment is about how random police should just get shot and killed, which I find much worse than the video.


Sad. There are "good" and "bad" people in every profession.
Posted 6/23/17
Now we wait for this cop to be acquitted just like the cop that shot philando castile was acquitted.
564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 6/23/17

Ocale wrote:

Every single comment is about how random police should just get shot and killed, which I find much worse than the video.


no its not worse than the video. its just as bad

its because we think 'oh harming that person is worse than harming this person' is the reason why this continues to happen
35657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

rawratl wrote:
Wow that was disgusting. The fuck was the cop thinking? You can tell the officer that drivers him away is trying to figure out wtf he just saw.


Officer #2 goes around the other side of the vehicle and looks to actually turn off the audio. The wireless mic controls for dashcams are a belt clip on. You can see him look down at his belt and fiddle with it just as the audio mysteriously cuts off. Then he looks right at the dash cam.

You can even see him turn it back on as he walks the guy back to the squad car and the audio "mysterious" comes back on.
8314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/23/17
I know that there are so many good cops in the world, and they may take up most of them. But it's that small minority that choose to do awful things like these that tarnish my viewpoint of law enforcement.
Posted 6/23/17

b17bomber wrote:


Ocale wrote:

Every single comment is about how random police should just get shot and killed, which I find much worse than the video.


no its not worse than the video. its just as bad

its because we think 'oh harming that person is worse than harming this person' is the reason why this continues to happen


Killing random people/threatening to because one cop four states over did something is worse than this though.
1617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Sacramento, CA
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Killing random people/threatening to because one cop four states over did something is worse than this though.

Yeah, people making empty threats on the internet to vent their frustrations is way worse than the cops beating the shit out of defenseless people.
2479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/17

Velvet_Crowe wrote:

Now we wait for this cop to be acquitted just like the cop that shot philando castile was acquitted.


Castile ?

Philando Castile shooting: Newly released dashcam video shows deadly encounter with cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa34E4fFXMw

maybe they have more evidences presented during the trial ?
35657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/17

dulun18 wrote:
maybe they have more evidences presented during the trial ?


Forensic evidence shown at the trial pointed towards his hand being no where near his gun when the officer shot him.

564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 6/23/17

DrunkKanti wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Killing random people/threatening to because one cop four states over did something is worse than this though.

Yeah, people making empty threats on the internet to vent their frustrations is way worse than the cops beating the shit out of defenseless people.


thank you
3852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/24/17

runec wrote:


dulun18 wrote:
maybe they have more evidences presented during the trial ?


Forensic evidence shown at the trial pointed towards his hand being no where near his gun when the officer shot him.



i think most people don't know what to do during a traffic stop they created a video to teach people about it.

They must see your hands at all time and avoid doing any sudden movements. You have to understand that it's a job where you can get shot while filling up gas, while eating lunch or walking to the driver side door window of a car you just pulled over. There are risks that come with the job so i wouldn't blame the cops being jumpy. Personally, I don't think 40-50K a year is worth risking my life over.

it was interesting watching this guy talking about it (the traffic stop)

Tyrus drops some TRUTH on Black Lives Matter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIQrXUBi3js
35657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:
i think most people don't know what to do during a traffic stop they created a video to teach people about it.

They must see your hands at all time and avoid doing any sudden movements. You have to understand that it's a job where you can get shot while filling up gas, while eating lunch or walking to the driver side door window of a car you just pulled over. There are risks that come with the job so i wouldn't blame the cops being jumpy. Personally, I don't think 40-50K a year is worth risking my life over.

it was interesting watching this guy talking about it (the traffic stop)


Yet cops in other western countries manage it without blowing a dude away inside of 3 seconds. ><

This guy did everything right. He informed the officer as a courtesy that he was legally carrying specifically so the officer wouldn't spot the gun, lose his mind and shoot him. Yet that's exactly what happened anyway.

Also, we've discussed this topic before. Being a cop isn't even in the top 10 of dangerous professions.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.