First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Dash cam footage shows brutal traffic stop of Asian man in Worthington
33270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 6/24/17
Why is there even an option to turn off the audio?

Defeats half the point of even having audio
Posted 6/24/17

DrunkKanti wrote:
Yeah, people making empty threats on the internet to vent their frustrations is way worse than the cops beating the shit out of defenseless people.


Because they are all always empty threats, right?



Would you say the same thing if it was death threats against a certain race for some event?
34832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 6/24/17
Alright, let's get this twitter party started!

#AsianLivesMatter
22097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/24/17

If they don't want death treats then they should do their job in a professional manner and not like an out of control thug
34832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/24/17

runec wrote:


AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:
i think most people don't know what to do during a traffic stop they created a video to teach people about it.

They must see your hands at all time and avoid doing any sudden movements. You have to understand that it's a job where you can get shot while filling up gas, while eating lunch or walking to the driver side door window of a car you just pulled over. There are risks that come with the job so i wouldn't blame the cops being jumpy. Personally, I don't think 40-50K a year is worth risking my life over.

it was interesting watching this guy talking about it (the traffic stop)


Yet cops in other western countries manage it without blowing a dude away inside of 3 seconds. ><

This guy did everything right. He informed the officer as a courtesy that he was legally carrying specifically so the officer wouldn't spot the gun, lose his mind and shoot him. Yet that's exactly what happened anyway.

Also, we've discussed this topic before. Being a cop isn't even in the top 10 of dangerous professions.

You are absolutely, positively correct! We have discussed this topic before, and we came very quickly to the realization that, get this, other western countries don't have open carry firearm permits.
runec 
36337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/17

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:You are absolutely, positively correct! We have discussed this topic before, and we came very quickly to the realization that, get this, other western countries don't have open carry firearm permits.


And if you're going to have open carry firearm permits your police should be trained in how to interact with completely legal gun owners with said permits without blowing them away inside of 3 seconds just for having a firearm on them. -.-



runec 
36337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/17

nanikore2 wrote:

Why is there even an option to turn off the audio?

Defeats half the point of even having audio


Hell, some of them just turn the dash cam off entirely. There's a distinct lack of unified rules as to bodycams and dashcams. Some officers welcome them for their own and others safety. Some officers don't actually want anyone to see how they police people and rely on other officers to corroborate their reports. And 2+ officers explaining why they beat the shit out of some guy overrides the testimony of that one guy if there's no video or other witnesses.
4146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/17

runec wrote:

Yet cops in other western countries manage it without blowing a dude away inside of 3 seconds. ><

This guy did everything right. He informed the officer as a courtesy that he was legally carrying specifically so the officer wouldn't spot the gun, lose his mind and shoot him. Yet that's exactly what happened anyway.

Also, we've discussed this topic before. Being a cop isn't even in the top 10 of dangerous professions.



I'll have to look up the raw video.. since the ones i found are the woman's video which didn't' really help much. I want to know what happened before the shooting. If the jury found the police officer not guilty then it's got to be something they were showed in court.

top 10 ? it will depend on which sources you are using even it's not in the top 10 i'm sure it's in the top 20

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/12/the-most-dangerous-jobs-in-america.html?slide=1
http://www.businessinsider.com/most-dangerous-jobs-in-america-2016-8/#construction-laborer-1
http://azdailysun.com/news/data/the-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-us/collection_8a1fd0c7-ce62-565e-b56c-23b1b445956d.html



runec 
36337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/24/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:
I'll have to look up the raw video.. since the ones i found are the woman's video which didn't' really help much. I want to know what happened before the shooting. If the jury found the police officer not guilty then it's got to be something they were showed in court.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsZNhJnNVls

All that happened was "Hey, your break lights are out." "Just so you know I have a fire arm on me" <unloads into a car with a 4 year old in it>

The forensics showed his hand was not near his the gun. When the jury was deliberating they requested to be able to review the officer's testimony again but the judge refused without explanation.


Posted 6/25/17

uncletim wrote:

If they don't want death treats then they should do their job in a professional manner and not like an out of control thug


So its fine to issue death threats and kill people of a certain group if individuals from said group act like an 'out of control thug'?

K den.



22097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 6/25/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


uncletim wrote:

If they don't want death treats then they should do their job in a professional manner and not like an out of control thug


So its fine to issue death threats and kill people of a certain group if individuals from said group act like an 'out of control thug'?

K den.





So you want the police acting like out of control thugs or you just don't mind as long as it's towards brown people?

888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Mississippi
Offline
Posted 6/25/17

Naimulz wrote:

I know that there are so many good cops in the world, and they may take up most of them. But it's that small minority that choose to do awful things like these that tarnish my viewpoint of law enforcement.


The negative will always get more spotlight than the positive.
37739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17 , edited 6/25/17

uncletim wrote:
So you want the police acting like out of control thugs or you just don't mind as long as it's towards brown people?


He's just deflecting. Trying to make this about people threatening the police over the internet. If he can cast the police as victims, he's shifted the discussion away from the cops being aggressors. As to WHY he always does this? I really have no idea.
206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17 , edited 6/25/17
.
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 6/25/17
I should go to america and be a cop. Apparently I'd just be able to do whatever I want and shoot my gun off wherever and people would think the ones calling me out for it would be the assholes. Sounds like a fun time.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.