How long have you followed One Piece?
8394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17


I caught up just this year (after two months of constant watching) and I must say, it's probably my favorite anime to date. Sure, it may be overrated to death, it may have some of its cliches, but, you have to admit, they have some ferocious dedication to be supporting a series for many many years. The story is amazing, and Luffy is probably the most persistent MC to date.

Anyways, to jump to the question, How long have you been following One Piece?

For me, it's about a few months.
5644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17
About a year. One Piece was the second anime I watched on this site.
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17
Since 2010.
38415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17
It's been several years at this point. I can only binge watch so much at once, and I really only bothered to get completely caught up in the last year or two, but I've been following the series loosely for a very long time. It may be pretty formulaic with its arcs, and there have certainly been parts I wasn't as fond of (I didn't really enjoy the Davy Back Fight episodes, for instance), but by and large I rather like what I've gotten.
8394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

BlueOni wrote:

It's been several years at this point. I can only binge watch so much at once, and I really only bothered to get completely caught up in the last year or two, but I've been following the series loosely for a very long time. It may be pretty formulaic with its arcs, and there have certainly been parts I wasn't as fond of (I didn't really enjoy the Davy Back Fight episodes, for instance), but by and large I rather like what I've gotten.


I always thought that the davy back fights were just fillers so they could have more time to plan out the story. I did really dislike it though, and I'm sure the creators knew that people did not like it either. But you have to admit,
38415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

Naimulz wrote:

I always thought that the davy back fights were just fillers so they could have more time to plan out the story. I did really dislike it though, and I'm sure the creators knew that people did not like it either. But you have to admit,


Maybe so, and it's probably unfair (and narratively impractical) to expect everything to be building up to the same level of shock and awe that Enies Lobby, Impel Down, and the Battle of Marineford gave us.

Honestly, as long as there's enough Luffy being Luffy and opportunities for Nami to look smart and cool I'm pretty satisfied.

8394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

BlueOni wrote:


Naimulz wrote:

I always thought that the davy back fights were just fillers so they could have more time to plan out the story. I did really dislike it though, and I'm sure the creators knew that people did not like it either. But you have to admit,


Maybe so, and it's probably unfair (and narratively impractical) to expect everything to be building up to the same level of shock and awe that Enies Lobby, Impel Down, and the Battle of Marineford gave us.

Honestly, as long as there's enough Luffy being Luffy and opportunities for Nami to look smart and cool I'm pretty satisfied.




At this point, all I'd want is for Luffy to use his Conqueror's Haki once more.

Remember the fight with The Straw Hat Pirates vs. 100,000 Fishmen ?


Here is a link so you can experience the sheer amazingness of that one scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uDeWlF14I
38415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

Naimulz wrote:

At this point, all I'd want is for Luffy to use his Conqueror's Haki once more.

Remember the fight with The Straw Hat Pirates vs. 100,000 Fishmen ?


Here is a link so you can experience the sheer amazingness of that one scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uDeWlF14I


Oh, right! I remember what you're talking about now. That was a pretty fun arc, and its climax is as awesome as you're saying. Good times.
You must be logged in to post.