Princesses convicted of human trafficking
16569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40380071

Eight UAE princesses have been convicted in Belgium of human trafficking and degrading treatment of their servants. They each received a (suspended) 15 month sentence and a (half suspended) fine of 165,000 euros. They have not decided whether to appeal or not, though all eight deny all charges.

The princesses did not attend the trial.
38394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

They said they were forced to be available 24 hours a day, had to sleep on the floor, were never given a day off, were prevented from leaving the hotel and were forced to eat the princesses' leftovers.


The screwed up thing is that this doesn't sound at all unusual for what one ought to expect as a member of the lowest rung in the UAE's social hierarchy. They basically look at certain groups of people as no better than pack animals and show no concern whatsoever if they die due to overwork or unsafe conditions.
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17
If they are human trafficking then shoot them. Like we want the Arab slave trade coming to Europe: http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/02/10-facts-about-the-arab-enslavement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/



Some historians estimate that between A.D. 650 and 1900, 10 to 20 million people were enslaved by Arab slave traders. Others believe over 20 million enslaved Africans alone had been delivered through the trans-Sahara route alone to the Islamic world.

The Arab slave trade typically dealt in the sale of castrated male slaves. Black boys between the age of 8 and 12 had their scrotums and penises completely amputated to prevent them from reproducing. About six of every 10 boys bled to death during the procedure, according to some sources, but the high price brought by eunuchs on the market made the practice profitable.


Don't even let that shit get going stop it right away.


BlueOni wrote:


They said they were forced to be available 24 hours a day, had to sleep on the floor, were never given a day off, were prevented from leaving the hotel and were forced to eat the princesses' leftovers.


The screwed up thing is that this doesn't sound at all unusual for what one ought to expect as a member of the lowest rung in the UAE's social hierarchy. They basically look at certain groups of people as no better than pack animals and show no concern whatsoever if they die due to overwork or unsafe conditions.


So true. It's quite sad.
38394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17

Rujikin wrote:

So true. It's quite sad.


I suppose I should address the main point the OP is likely going for, though. It really is shocking that the officials who handed down this ruling are actually acting like they've gotten a feather in their caps by passing on sentences and fines at all even if they were suspended. The bar's been set somewhere in the subterranean depths on this one, and thus the "victory" secured here in actual fact makes a mockery of human rights laws.
16569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17
Considering it apparently took a decade to even go to trial, and all the so-called results of that trial, I'm not sure that it even aspires so high as to be a 'mockery' of human rights laws or even justice.

As the article says, de facto slavery and abuse are culturally part of the UAE. All anyone (outside the UAE) could do there is pressure them to change, refuse to accept their behavior outside their country, and perhaps not do business with them.
38394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/23/17

gornotck wrote:

Considering it apparently took a decade to even go to trial, and all the so-called results of that trial, I'm not sure that it even aspires so high as to be a 'mockery' of human rights laws or even justice.


Fair enough.


As the article says, de facto slavery and abuse are culturally part of the UAE. All anyone (outside the UAE) could do there is pressure them to change, refuse to accept their behavior outside their country, and perhaps not do business with them.


I'd be supportive of such measures. I'd also like to see weapons and money stop getting funneled into Saudi Arabia. I'm cynical enough to think neither will happen at this point, but I can dare to dream, I suppose.
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17

BlueOni wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Considering it apparently took a decade to even go to trial, and all the so-called results of that trial, I'm not sure that it even aspires so high as to be a 'mockery' of human rights laws or even justice.


Fair enough.


As the article says, de facto slavery and abuse are culturally part of the UAE. All anyone (outside the UAE) could do there is pressure them to change, refuse to accept their behavior outside their country, and perhaps not do business with them.


I'd be supportive of such measures. I'd also like to see weapons and money stop getting funneled into Saudi Arabia. I'm cynical enough to think neither will happen at this point, but I can dare to dream, I suppose.


UAE and most of the middle east... You know who I'm talking about.

Stopping weapons is next to impossible due to everyone selling it. You can stop the money and we are hurting them badly right now: http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/12/saudi-arabia-whines-us-has-too-much-control-over-worlds-oil/

The USA has disrupted OPEC so much its hurting their economies.
140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17

Rujikin wrote:

If they are human trafficking then shoot them. Like we want the Arab slave trade coming to Europe: http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/02/10-facts-about-the-arab-enslavement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/

Gonna need something better than atlantablackstar(for obvious reasons)
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17

SchlomoShekelberg wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

If they are human trafficking then shoot them. Like we want the Arab slave trade coming to Europe: http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/02/10-facts-about-the-arab-enslavement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/

Gonna need something better than atlantablackstar(for obvious reasons)


Tens of millions of blacks were traded, or died, in the arab slave trade then were castrated to prevent reproduction that is a FACT and your worried about which website is presenting those facts?
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17

SchlomoShekelberg wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


SchlomoShekelberg wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

If they are human trafficking then shoot them. Like we want the Arab slave trade coming to Europe: http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06/02/10-facts-about-the-arab-enslavement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/

Gonna need something better than atlantablackstar(for obvious reasons)


Tens of millions of blacks were traded, or died, in the arab slave trade then were castrated to prevent reproduction that is a FACT and your worried about which website is presenting those facts?


I take anything by the "we waz kangs crowds" "dey enslaved us" with a grain of salt.


Just google "arab slave trade". Most of the slaves never survived because they castrated them all for being "inferior". The only way to escape it was to convert to Islam and do something but you were still castrated and couldn't reproduce.
140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17


After a few searches on Google Scholar I ran across this book
Levy, Reuben (1957). The Social Structure of Islam. UK: Cambridge University Press

I learned that slavery in the Arabian empires was the equivalent of being a lower class person today. Castration seemed to be a punishment for rapists, and in other time to prevent them from breeding or having children. Also that converting wouldn't really set you free since you wouldn't have any skills to succeed in life anyways, so they'd keep you enslaved as a form of employment. Overall slavery over there was very different from the form of slavery known in America and Europe. Certain slaves could be higher ranked than free people and hold positions of power. Slaves could also climb the social ladder. Certain times slaves even ranked up so high they became kings, it happened so often a term was created, called a Mamluk, or a slave king.

A slave could be freed, but not through conversion, a slave could be freed if his master could not take care of him, or abused him. Overall slavery was equivalent to adopting a child. Slaves could even goto court to be freed if his rights were being abused, or he was too skilled to work the job of a slave.

The most curious thing was that a slave could hold positions very high in the government, with some children of slaves being sent to special schools to become governors, mayors, generals, they would still be slaves, but their new purpose was intellectual labor instead of manual labor. However some of these high ranking slaves were castrated, to prevent them from having families, as to not distract them from their government responsibilities, they ended up revolting and were allowed to have families.
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17

SchlomoShekelberg wrote:



After a few searches on Google Scholar I ran across this book
Levy, Reuben (1957). The Social Structure of Islam. UK: Cambridge University Press

I learned that slavery in the Arabian empires was the equivalent of being a lower class person today. Castration seemed to be a punishment for rapists, and in other time to prevent them from breeding or having children. Also that converting wouldn't really set you free since you wouldn't have any skills to succeed in life anyways, so they'd keep you enslaved as a form of employment. Overall slavery over there was very different from the form of slavery known in America and Europe. Certain slaves could be higher ranked than free people and hold positions of power. Slaves could also climb the social ladder. Certain times slaves even ranked up so high they became kings, it happened so often a term was created, called a Mamluk, or a slave king.

A slave could be freed, but not through conversion, a slave could be freed if his master could not take care of him, or abused him. Overall slavery was equivalent to adopting a child. Slaves could even goto court to be freed if his rights were being abused, or he was too skilled to work the job of a slave.

The most curious thing was that a slave could hold positions very high in the government, with some children of slaves being sent to special schools to become governors, mayors, generals, they would still be slaves, but their new purpose was intellectual labor instead of manual labor. However some of these high ranking slaves were castrated, to prevent them from having families, as to not distract them from their government responsibilities, they ended up revolting and were allowed to have families.


So I could rise up and become something but I could never get my penis back or have a family. Castrating a man is a fate worse than death.
runec 
40504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17
Saudi Arabia is going to be in some sad shape when they run out of oil or the world move's past oil as a primary fuel source. The amount of shit the western world puts up with from them just because they have precious resources is ridiculous.

Everyone should be onboard for green energy if only for that alone. >.>

If you won't do it for the planet. Do it for the spite.



Rujikin wrote:
Castrating a man is a fate worse than death.


Eh <shrug>. More time for gaming.
140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/24/17 , edited 6/24/17

Rujikin wrote:


SchlomoShekelberg wrote:



After a few searches on Google Scholar I ran across this book
Levy, Reuben (1957). The Social Structure of Islam. UK: Cambridge University Press

I learned that slavery in the Arabian empires was the equivalent of being a lower class person today. Castration seemed to be a punishment for rapists, and in other time to prevent them from breeding or having children. Also that converting wouldn't really set you free since you wouldn't have any skills to succeed in life anyways, so they'd keep you enslaved as a form of employment. Overall slavery over there was very different from the form of slavery known in America and Europe. Certain slaves could be higher ranked than free people and hold positions of power. Slaves could also climb the social ladder. Certain times slaves even ranked up so high they became kings, it happened so often a term was created, called a Mamluk, or a slave king.

A slave could be freed, but not through conversion, a slave could be freed if his master could not take care of him, or abused him. Overall slavery was equivalent to adopting a child. Slaves could even goto court to be freed if his rights were being abused, or he was too skilled to work the job of a slave.

The most curious thing was that a slave could hold positions very high in the government, with some children of slaves being sent to special schools to become governors, mayors, generals, they would still be slaves, but their new purpose was intellectual labor instead of manual labor. However some of these high ranking slaves were castrated, to prevent them from having families, as to not distract them from their government responsibilities, they ended up revolting and were allowed to have families.


So I could rise up and become something but I could never get my penis back or have a family. Castrating a man is a fate worse than death.

It's called an eunuch, they are people who hold very high positions of power. As were necessary for political stability and they were the most trust worthy.. A worse fate would be for them to starve.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eunuch
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/23/17 , edited 6/24/17

runec wrote:

Saudi Arabia is going to be in some sad shape when they run out of oil or the world move's past oil as a primary fuel source. The amount of shit the western world puts up with from them just because they have precious resources is ridiculous.

Everyone should be onboard for green energy if only for that alone. >.>

If you won't do it for the planet. Do it for the spite.



We really need fusion.... We have a near infinite supply of tritium in the ocean and no one can bitch about it.
You must be logged in to post.