First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply How SAFE is your neighborhood ?
35643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17

dulun18 wrote:
most property crimes occur when no one is home..


Actually, car theft is the preferred choice.

No one's going to shoot you or stab you, but don't leave anything shiny in your car under any circumstances. >.>

33842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 6/25/17
its aight
Posted 6/26/17
My neighborhood is absolutely crime-free according to that site.
My town has some minor things - breaking and entering and car theft, most of which were done as a crime of passion (ex-gf/bf breaks in to get their fancy shit back or steals one of the five or six cars). I see most of the reports (there are six) on the site stemmed from arson (which, knowing of these situations - they were all due to burning trash, which people get hella uptight about here because of the smell).

My neighborhood is a gated community, 24/7 armed security (there are 10 security officers that are always on patrol in a neighborhood of fewer than 100 houses), and everyone has some type of home security system (all of the homes I know of came with free ADT for 35 years, you can choose to switch or get a different system/company). There is an elementary school across from the neighborhood (on my end of it) - it's new and has been ranked in the top 10 in the state, top 3 in the county (I'm not planning on having kids, but before moving here - I scoped it out to determine the type of kids/parents that are in the neighborhood; unfortunately, most kids are brats and are often found riding their $4,000 dirt bikes around the neighborhood in hopes of causing trouble.).

Posted 6/26/17

runec wrote:


Actually, car theft is the preferred choice.

No one's going to shoot you or stab you, but don't leave anything shiny in your car under any circumstances. >.>



Or your kid

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/us/mississippi-boy-6-is-killed-after-car-is-stolen-from-his-mother.html
2451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


runec wrote:

Actually, car theft is the preferred choice.

No one's going to shoot you or stab you, but don't leave anything shiny in your car under any circumstances. >.>



Or your kid

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/us/mississippi-boy-6-is-killed-after-car-is-stolen-from-his-mother.html


this is worst.. but this is just one of the few examples of bad parenting..

Texas Mom Charged After A 'Lesson' Leads To Death (locking her own kids in a hot car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZCQkq51RZA

Woman arrested for prostitution and child abuse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsgmlMX5YX4


people who think they are safe because they live in a nice neighborhood will become victims sometimes in their life. It's not a good habit to leave their car, garage, windows, etc.. unlocked.. if the criminals are looking for places to rob which neighborhood do you think they will go to ? The lady who left her laptop and other valuables in an unlocked car is the prime example..


438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17
I see mostly home crimes are up and theft.
29629 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 6/26/17
Thankfully, I live in one of the safest corners of Scotland there is. The last murder that I can recall hearing of was back in 2011!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-22511576
The only really dangerous thing up here is the roads.
38418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 6/26/17
Safe. No gangs in my neighborhood. And nothing going on when I checked the crime map in the OP.
5347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 6/26/17
Mine is safe as shit. Theres a cop on every block. Including my house (Brother is a cop).
4913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / NYC
Offline
Posted 6/27/17
So many people here are reporting such safe neighborhoods.. Wow. Mine isn't very bad but.. Oh, its still bad.
1070 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / MTL/QC/CAN
Offline
Posted 6/27/17
Safe enough for me to have been walking back home from work at midnight for 6 years without anything ever happening, ofcourse im in the middle of Montreal so there's bound to be some stuff happening every now and then, but I consider myself in a very safe area, I'm not worried
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17
The neighborhood that I live in is fairly safe. According to that website in the OP's post, while there have been some crimes in some of the surrounding neighborhoods (mostly vehicle theft and a few robberies and 2 murders), there have been no crimes in the specific neighborhood that I live in at least in the past month. In fact, most of the crimes I heard of in my neighborhood since I lived here were vandalism (my own house being a victim of said vandalism a few times throughout the years). In any case, I feel safe walking around during the day (though I feel that walking around at night is tempting fate no matter how safe your neighborhood is)
2451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/17

LadyPsychic wrote:

The neighborhood that I live in is fairly safe. According to that website in the OP's post, while there have been some crimes in some of the surrounding neighborhoods (mostly vehicle theft and a few robberies and 2 murders), there have been no crimes in the specific neighborhood that I live in at least in the past month. In fact, most of the crimes I heard of in my neighborhood since I lived here were vandalism (my own house being a victim of said vandalism a few times throughout the years). In any case, I feel safe walking around during the day (though I feel that walking around at night is tempting fate no matter how safe your neighborhood is)


This is the thing. Some cities will not report these minor offenses (like vandalism) when there are those who will report every single thing!.. thus making them look less safe

Crime is crime so i would rather have them report it than not reporting it. Things will often start from minor offenses... We got punks going around shooting people's car back window with BB guns or slashing people's tires for no reason. These are annoying property crimes that can affect the victims greatly.
893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Finland
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17
Pretty damn safe, my town population is 7 500 and my country is the second safest country in the world.
and it's rare to see police around here, it's like ''omg, look! police car!''
14962 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/17
My suburb is one of the safest places in the world.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.