Post Reply Pakistani oil tanker explodes killing 153 or more
14430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17 , edited 6/25/17
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/25/pakistan-oil-tanker-explodes-killing-153.html

Pakistani oil tanker driver lost control after a mechanical failure. While leaking oil was being collected, it exploded because someone lit a cigarette. 20 children are confirmed dead, at least 50 more people are listed as in critical condition.
21547 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Online
Posted 6/25/17 , edited 6/25/17
that is messed up

27697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 6/25/17 , edited 6/25/17

uncletim wrote:

that is messed up



You feeling bad about a crass joke? Has hell frozen over?

Yeah the pictures are particularly gruesome on this one.
35313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17 , edited 6/25/17
I was going to ask how the hell it caught 153 people but I see they swarmed it to get the fuel and ignored warnings to clear the area.

Although I still have to question the catastrophic idiot who saw an ocean of highly flammable liquid and decided this was a great time for a smoke break.

14430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17 , edited 6/25/17
The person who lit a cigarette probably didn't consider the situation at all. They were in a stressful place, and smoking makes certain types of people feel less stressed and more focused.
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/25/17
Oh, I see. So much for safety concerns. I'm not sure who I ought to be more furious at; the smoker, or whoever all brought the children along. This over-abundance of negligence boils my blood.
33724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 6/25/17
I didn't know Pakistan was by the ocean.

14430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:

Oh, I see. So much for safety concerns. I'm not sure who I ought to be more furious at; the smoker, or whoever all brought the children along. This over-abundance of negligence boils my blood.


The children could have just been cooling their heels in the family sedan, stopped in traffic. When a tanker blows, everything goes. At least 8 vehicles, not including some motorcycles, were destroyed just by the blast. Even if the kids were a "safe" distance away for the clean up of the oil, they could be taken out by the blast or shrapnel.
21463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/25/17

runec wrote:

I was going to ask how the hell it caught 153 people but I see they swarmed it to get the fuel and ignored warnings to clear the area.

Although I still have to question the catastrophic idiot who saw an ocean of highly flammable liquid and decided this was a great time for a smoke break.



Sounds like many other stories I heard from Afghanistan and Iraq.
35313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/25/17

Rujikin wrote:
Sounds like many other stories I heard from Afghanistan and Iraq.


Well, that stuff is probably liquid gold there. Not a lot tends to trickle down resource wise to the "villagers" in these areas.

I mean if you think the urban / rural divide in the US is bad. Going from urban to rural in places like Pakistan is stepping back a couple hundred years.
21463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

runec wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
Sounds like many other stories I heard from Afghanistan and Iraq.


Well, that stuff is probably liquid gold there. Not a lot tends to trickle down resource wise to the "villagers" in these areas.

I mean if you think the urban / rural divide in the US is bad. Going from urban to rural in places like Pakistan is stepping back a couple hundred years.


They swarm anything we blow up and scrap it. Civilians get in the way all the time because they are trying to make money from us blowing up <Insert enemy> then they get killed in the cross fire.
35313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

Rujikin wrote:
They swarm anything we blow up and scrap it. Civilians get in the way all the time because they are trying to make money from us blowing up <Insert enemy> then they get killed in the cross fire.


Well, if your liquid assets are measured in goats then fuel and scrap metal are pure gold.
14430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/3/17
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40485671

Death toll was over 200 people, estimated at least 206. 5 police officials found guilty of concealing information after fire.

Though there isn't much more to say about this, really, it is terrible that so many had to die because of one person's mistake. It appears police could not keep people away from the tanker in their attempts to collect fuel and contact their relatives to collect fuel.
27697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 7/3/17

gornotck wrote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40485671

Death toll was over 200 people, estimated at least 206. 5 police officials found guilty of concealing information after fire.

Though there isn't much more to say about this, really, it is terrible that so many had to die because of one person's mistake. It appears police could not keep people away from the tanker in their attempts to collect fuel and contact their relatives to collect fuel.


Fuck... Wiped out a whole town worth of people...
You must be logged in to post.