First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Genuine lgbt question
1997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/28/17

onepiece_fan wrote:


What you appear to be saying here is that there is nothing to be a woman beyond being sexually attracted to men.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but it's hard to read into this in any other way.


Enough. You have willfully misconstrued my words to fit your prerogative. If you're irritated with me for having had called out your entitlement and hypocrisy, regarding the CR community, be honest and address that. Regardless, I have no patience for your venom.
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/28/17
Can I just say this pronouns are not optional you can't just say I hate this person ergo I'm misgendering them. Dragonlord don't you fucking call me a man
29358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:


onepiece_fan wrote:


What you appear to be saying here is that there is nothing to be a woman beyond being sexually attracted to men.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but it's hard to read into this in any other way.


Enough. You have willfully misconstrued my words to fit your prerogative. If you're irritated with me for having had called out your entitlement and hypocrisy, regarding the CR community, be honest and address that. Regardless, I have no patience for your venom.


Hold it, hold it, hold it.

In response to the question of transgender women being lesbian you responded:

"Yes, I think it's odd, because it renders the time and expense of transitioning impractical. Yes, I am a penny-pincher."

By saying this you're invalidating and trivializing a transwoman's identity as being a woman and decision to transition because she is attracted to women.

It's not an odd conclusion to draw from what you said, and tossing aside a transwoman's identity/right to transition because she is attracted to women says that if she were attracted to men it would be fine, right? Why is her identity all of the sudden validated because she's attracted to men? What does this say about a woman's identity altogether? You tell me... Or you explain how you had a different context.

Regardless of whether that's exactly what you meant, this point has occurred in this topic, and it really baffles me. It's incredibly easy to understand how a transwoman can be a lesbian... Gender identity and sexual orientation are separate concepts. Simple.
21978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/28/17
because the majority of the population for centuries has been brought up to associate penis , no boobs, masculine =male
vagina, boobs, feminine=female
do you really think you are gonna be able to just change that? if you want t argue that certain societies have a third gender or some shit, be my guest
however you are in America, and in America, for the past 300 years -or so- this is what wehave believed, as well as ingeneral with the rest of the west


we also, are tired of it being shoved into our faces the whole "if you call me the wrong pronouns you are LITERALLY TELLING ME TO KILL MYSELF" ..which you did to me, and you aren't the only one who has done, and does, it
that's just an example


Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17
I didn't say kill myself I meant it's an act of violence if you are to ask Laverne Cox but fine you made your point you thinks trans kids don't exist
29358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17

redokami wrote:
however you are in America, and in America, for the past 300 years -or so- this is what wehave believed, as well as ingeneral with the rest of the west


America and the West have been wrong time and time again on so many moral fronts. Painfully so, in fact. Such appeals are meaningless.
6638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/28/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Can I just say this pronouns are not optional you can't just say I hate this person ergo I'm misgendering them. Dragonlord don't you fucking call me a man


hmm i don't recall specifically calling you a man, it was a example. and it takes quite a bit for me to actually hate someone it seems to me the problem with you is your at least emotionally unstable so even the most minor things can set you off. as wellas being obsessed with proper pronouns and such even bring the topic up in threads that have nothing to do with the topic.
448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17
woher kommst du?
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17
look i dont care what u call yourself or what u believe yourself to be but when you are so disrespectful to other people just bc they have different opinions/beliefs than you, or get offended at every little thing, you are not someone i can take seriously nor someone i can actually respect. That's not just me, and that's not just OP. People in general can't deal with the fact that other folk have different opinions and beliefs.

if you can't learn to be happy with yourself and your choices, and not be so concerned about everyone accepting you, it's gonna be a hard road ahead on the path of life.
15167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17
I'm probably not the best person to answer this question since I was raised in a fairly liberal society and it isn't strange to me, but my guess is that it's because people just don't have much exposure to it. Nobody has a magical ability to understand things that are far outside of their way of seeing the world. Added to the fact that homosexuality and transsexuality are relatively unaccepted, and it's not really surprising that many people view it as strange.

Of course, viewing something as strange is one thing, refusing to tolerate its' existence is another entirely...



Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Can I just say this pronouns are not optional you can't just say I hate this person ergo I'm misgendering them. Dragonlord don't you fucking call me a man


I recognize trans people are sometimes sensitive about this, and in light of social discrimination I understand there are reasons for that sensitivity, but what needs to be said needs to be said.

Nobody has the obligation to refer to you in the way you want them to. This is one of the most unfortunate and hypocritical ideas that has cropped up in conjunction with acceptance of transsexuality.

Presumably you see yourself one way and don't want to pretend you're something else just to satisfy the rest of the world. So why would you try to impose your worldview on them? You ought to know how it feels, and how other people see you doesn't determine who you actually are. At least, it shouldn't.

This is the real world, nobody's vision of reality gets to take precedence. Including yours.
21978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

I didn't say kill myself I meant it's an act of violence if you are to ask Laverne Cox but fine you made your point you thinks trans kids don't exist



first, I said you said to ME, that me not using your pronouns is essentially telling you to kill yourself

second, stop being dramatic, seriously, stop with the " you don't think trans kids exist"
" you don't think im a woman so you don't exist"

-in reference to another thread-
21978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17

onepiece_fan wrote:


redokami wrote:
however you are in America, and in America, for the past 300 years -or so- this is what wehave believed, as well as ingeneral with the rest of the west


America and the West have been wrong time and time again on so many moral fronts. Painfully so, in fact. Such appeals are meaningless.


what is morally correct is subjective
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/28/17
Fine I'm never posting again just please promise me if anyone of you have kids you respect their identity
1161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17
21978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:

Fine I'm never posting again just please promise me if anyone of you have kids you respect their identity


now now, what did I say about being dramatic?
also loreentold you to use the quote button, I suggest you do it
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.