First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Thousands of college students "may be" homeless
5036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

redokami wrote:

fuck college, its a waste of time now a days, besides I cant afford it with 475 a month
I wish I could eat at like red lobster for once....im tired of cheapass food -stares at my soup and nuggets-


Thats the great thing about cooking your own meals.

The cost of those few fast food items could have bought you 3 or so Chicken Breasts! Thats meat enought for 2-3 meals! Because the cost of raw ingredients isnt very much, and its really easy to look up a recipe online and follow the steps carefully and you got restaurant quality food for alot cheaper!

If you're interested this is a good starter recipe and is freaking delicious:
https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/classic-chicken-pot-pie/1401d418-ac0b-4b50-ad09-c6f1243fb992

Sadly I can eat half the pie in one night because its so heavenly.
21698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

gornotck wrote:


redokami wrote:


gornotck wrote:


redokami wrote:


thank you...I really appreciate it, there has been many nights where I have been in tears because of it
I need to get better at housework, since that would be my share , and I always thought that as long as he loves me it will be ok, that money doesn matter but it defintly can stress a relationship
I just don't know what illdo with children,i want children, ik ill homeschool
but food?? ik ill have my partners income too but I just want the best for them


It would be difficult, but I would say to not really worry about it. Don't look for trouble when there's work to be done, and there's always work to be done.


what do youmean look for trouble?


http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/look+for+trouble

Bleh.


oh that, yea..

its just gonna be another thing I will have to adjust to
21698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

deoxxys wrote:


redokami wrote:

fuck college, its a waste of time now a days, besides I cant afford it with 475 a month
I wish I could eat at like red lobster for once....im tired of cheapass food -stares at my soup and nuggets-


Thats the great thing about cooking your own meals.

The cost of those few fast food items could have bought you 3 or so Chicken Breasts! Thats meat enought for 2-3 meals! Because the cost of raw ingredients isnt very much, and its really easy to look up a recipe online and follow the steps carefully and you got restaurant quality food for alot cheaper!

If you're interested this is a good starter recipe and is freaking delicious:
https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/classic-chicken-pot-pie/1401d418-ac0b-4b50-ad09-c6f1243fb992

Sadly I can eat half the pie in one night because its so heavenly.


oooo pot pies
I love pot pies


I should try it

I wanna learn to make fried chicken too
5239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 6/26/17
The students are "soft" on these type of things heh
1679 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Valhalla
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17
YEAH,FUCK COLLEGE!!!!!!!! I"LL NEVER GO!!!!!!!

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17

redokami wrote:


deoxxys wrote:


redokami wrote:

fuck college, its a waste of time now a days, besides I cant afford it with 475 a month
I wish I could eat at like red lobster for once....im tired of cheapass food -stares at my soup and nuggets-


Thats the great thing about cooking your own meals.

The cost of those few fast food items could have bought you 3 or so Chicken Breasts! Thats meat enought for 2-3 meals! Because the cost of raw ingredients isnt very much, and its really easy to look up a recipe online and follow the steps carefully and you got restaurant quality food for alot cheaper!

If you're interested this is a good starter recipe and is freaking delicious:
https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/classic-chicken-pot-pie/1401d418-ac0b-4b50-ad09-c6f1243fb992

Sadly I can eat half the pie in one night because its so heavenly.


oooo pot pies
I love pot pies


I should try it

I wanna learn to make fried chicken too


Deep Frying things is a lot of fun, I dont have a deep fryer but I use a small pot to conserve oil and just do small batches.
Its delicious but fattening >.> I've battered and fried pickles, fish (sticks), chicken (nuggets), and now I just brought home a bag of shrimp and tempura batter for some delicious time!

Plan to make mozzerella sticks soon!
4305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17
Im on disability for $1338, I got crushed by a truck though :l.

Also Financial Aide?

Chicken and Potatos + spinach/broccoli.
21698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

deoxxys wrote:


redokami wrote:


deoxxys wrote:


redokami wrote:

fuck college, its a waste of time now a days, besides I cant afford it with 475 a month
I wish I could eat at like red lobster for once....im tired of cheapass food -stares at my soup and nuggets-


Thats the great thing about cooking your own meals.

The cost of those few fast food items could have bought you 3 or so Chicken Breasts! Thats meat enought for 2-3 meals! Because the cost of raw ingredients isnt very much, and its really easy to look up a recipe online and follow the steps carefully and you got restaurant quality food for alot cheaper!

If you're interested this is a good starter recipe and is freaking delicious:
https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/classic-chicken-pot-pie/1401d418-ac0b-4b50-ad09-c6f1243fb992

Sadly I can eat half the pie in one night because its so heavenly.


oooo pot pies
I love pot pies


I should try it

I wanna learn to make fried chicken too


Deep Frying things is a lot of fun, I dont have a deep fryer but I use a small pot to conserve oil and just do small batches.
Its delicious but fattening >.> I've battered and fried pickles, fish (sticks), chicken (nuggets), and now I just brought home a bag of shrimp and tempura batter for some delicious time!

Plan to make mozzerella sticks soon!


ur making me hungry -sobs-
21698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

majorgamer10 wrote:

Im on disability for $1338, I got crushed by a truck though :l.

Also Financial Aide?


did you work beforehand?
5036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17
I'd make you something if I could

Id share my fried shrimp with ya
4305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17
Yep, Federal Government
21698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

majorgamer10 wrote:

Yep, Federal Government


then that is why you get that much money, im sorry to hear about the truck tho

a car accident injured my backwhen I was 11- plus scoliosis - have had pain since, just one reason I am on disability
21698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

deoxxys wrote:

I'd make you something if I could

Id share my fried shrimp with ya


tbh I don't like shrimp....lobster I lovetho
4305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17 , edited 6/26/17
yeah, Fractured my C3 and appears to be degenerative, s'okay im in college changing my career to Computer Science. I make pretty good money off scholarships and stuff. Lots of people out there to give pity money if you show enough initiative and need.
14424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/26/17

redokami wrote:

oh that, yea..

its just gonna be another thing I will have to adjust to


I've lost the ability to communicate like what could be considered a human being.

My point is, overall, that you don't really have to adjust to anything. You don't have to accept second rate just because everyone tells you that you should, or because you may have debilitating health problems that are congenial or developmental.

If you're not getting enough to get by, you need to work. If your disabilities prevent you from working a so-called 'normal' job, you should seek out alternative work methods. I don't think I've met a single person yet who could not work if they could communicate with others and were able to care for themselves to a great degree.

Bringing it back to the college students, they are failing at this basic level of self-awareness. While college costs may have spiraled out of control, these possibly homeless college students have failed to take into account the first rule of survival: take care of your needs, then your wants.

Comparing the two situations, I see your own as being the more dire, as I do not see you saying that people are giving you any guidance on how to become independent of their charity and the state's charity, or how to find your own way.

Anyway.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.