First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Pirating, its bad right? This is how it should be.
544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/27/17
Can I just say here that if everyone is mad about the way Amazon and Anime Strike are doing business then maybe we should all as fans band together and maybe send them a petition or something to improve their service. Maybe try to propose that they get involved in simuldubbing or make AS a separate wholly owned division to cater to our audience. Instead of doom and gloom and rage-whimper, we should send a message to them that if they want to play the anime game, they should play by our rules. That would send more of a message than pirating or just screaming in vain into a forum.
36019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/27/17

AMPMROCKETFANN wrote:

Can I just say here that if everyone is mad about the way Amazon and Anime Strike are doing business then maybe we should all as fans band together and maybe send them a petition or something to improve their service. Maybe try to propose that they get involved in simuldubbing or make AS a separate wholly owned division to cater to our audience. Instead of doom and gloom and rage-whimper, we should send a message to them that if they want to play the anime game, they should play by our rules. That would send more of a message than pirating or just screaming in vain into a forum.


IMO the best way to support or not support something is with your wallet. Money talks.

don't like the way X company is doing business don't support that way!..

..of course doesn't help when X company doesn't even release the stuff you want to watch in your country you live in..


99128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/27/17

curr0001 wrote:


AMPMROCKETFANN wrote:

Can I just say here that if everyone is mad about the way Amazon and Anime Strike are doing business then maybe we should all as fans band together and maybe send them a petition or something to improve their service. Maybe try to propose that they get involved in simuldubbing or make AS a separate wholly owned division to cater to our audience. Instead of doom and gloom and rage-whimper, we should send a message to them that if they want to play the anime game, they should play by our rules. That would send more of a message than pirating or just screaming in vain into a forum.


IMO the best way to support or not support something is with your wallet. Money talks.

don't like the way X company is doing business don't support that way!..

..of course doesn't help when X company doesn't even release the stuff you want to watch in your country you live in..




Well if people are talking with their wallets, a lot of them seem to be saying "it's fine"

Quoting a forbes article

Despite the difference, fans are paying up. A spokesperson told me that Anime Strike is more successful than the company originally expected it to be, though declined to share the numbers.

“Anime Strike is performing great,” the spokesperson said. “Signups are higher than initial projections as we add more content and more features. Besides new episodes every week and new shows every season, we’ve been able to introduce new things that anime fans weren’t able to get before like the ability to download and watch thousands of episodes or movies on Anime Strike to their smartphone and tablet (which is awesome for anyone who’ll be traveling a lot this summer) or a free manga every month from ComiXology.”



36019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17

Greylurker wrote:


curr0001 wrote:


AMPMROCKETFANN wrote:

Can I just say here that if everyone is mad about the way Amazon and Anime Strike are doing business then maybe we should all as fans band together and maybe send them a petition or something to improve their service. Maybe try to propose that they get involved in simuldubbing or make AS a separate wholly owned division to cater to our audience. Instead of doom and gloom and rage-whimper, we should send a message to them that if they want to play the anime game, they should play by our rules. That would send more of a message than pirating or just screaming in vain into a forum.


IMO the best way to support or not support something is with your wallet. Money talks.

don't like the way X company is doing business don't support that way!..

..of course doesn't help when X company doesn't even release the stuff you want to watch in your country you live in..




Well if people are talking with their wallets, a lot of them seem to be saying "it's fine"

Quoting a forbes article

Despite the difference, fans are paying up. A spokesperson told me that Anime Strike is more successful than the company originally expected it to be, though declined to share the numbers.

“Anime Strike is performing great,” the spokesperson said. “Signups are higher than initial projections as we add more content and more features. Besides new episodes every week and new shows every season, we’ve been able to introduce new things that anime fans weren’t able to get before like the ability to download and watch thousands of episodes or movies on Anime Strike to their smartphone and tablet (which is awesome for anyone who’ll be traveling a lot this summer) or a free manga every month from ComiXology.”






So what were there inital projects?? and there rest sounds like pr speak.
26184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17
It should cost money to watch anime because it costs money to make anime.

If a lot of people put time and effort into making something, it's so arrogant and selfish to expect to get it for free, especially if you claim to love that thing.
958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 6/28/17

LavenderMintRose wrote:

It should cost money to watch anime because it costs money to make anime.

If a lot of people put time and effort into making something, it's so arrogant and selfish to expect to get it for free, especially if you claim to love that thing.


Region blocking is one thing that force people to pirate anime.
For example I can't watch One Piece legally.
18453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17
If you have the money to stream anime, then do it. If you made something, you'd want money for it right?

However....I can't talk because I frequent other sites when CR doesn't have what I want and I'm not joining a site like AS where there's been talk of services being subpar. CR isn't perfect, but at least things show up on time. Hopefully, HiDIVE gets more of what I'd like to see and an app eventually...then I'd join.

(I have no idea for those out of US though)
36019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/17

Nogara-san wrote:

If you have the money to stream anime, then do it. If you made something, you'd want money for it right?

However....I can't talk because I frequent other sites when CR doesn't have what I want and I'm not joining a site like AS where there's been talk of services being subpar. CR isn't perfect, but at least things show up on time. Hopefully, HiDIVE gets more of what I'd like to see and an app eventually...then I'd join.

(I have no idea for those out of US though)



I used CR alot cause they (so far) at least get 2 to 5 shows I like and the recent upload of the backcatlog from funi is keeping me busy too.

Anime strike has a few shows I want to wath buttt... Being a Canadain I'm not sure what they have and I haven't heard good thing about there player. and I can use the CR app on my Ps4 as well. That's pretty nice too.

I keep checking out hIDive once and a while but nothing there so far that want me to get a sub there..

It be nice to watch LOGH there but I just going wait for a physical release.
Ejanss 
17021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17


Yep. Thissers.

You know you're your parents, when you start flashing back on that 60's "Dragnet" episode where Sgt. Friday is chewing out the hippie who justified his shoplifting by saying he was "protesting our materialistic society":
"You haven't 'given up on our materialistic society', you've just given up on PAYING for it. And that makes you exactly what you told us you weren't."

Dum-da-dum-dum.
26184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 6/28/17

DarkBlade19 wrote:


LavenderMintRose wrote:

It should cost money to watch anime because it costs money to make anime.

If a lot of people put time and effort into making something, it's so arrogant and selfish to expect to get it for free, especially if you claim to love that thing.


Region blocking is one thing that force people to pirate anime.
For example I can't watch One Piece legally.


~ Using an unblocker/proxy for a streaming service that you still pay for is doable, and while it isn't 100% legal, it's not stealing. There's also importing DVDs. Can be expensive, but not ridiculously so for shorter series, unless you're talking about Japanese discs (I paid 6x the US price for Code Geass: Akito because I bought the Japanese blurays when they came out. I'm probably going to end up paying about that much for Marginal #4, since it will likely never get an international release since barely anyone watches it.

~ You're not expecting to get it for free, you're not nitpicking over how you get it, you're just trying to get it at all. This isn't about you, it's about the people who are being presented with an option priced far below what it's worth, who decide to still nitpick, refuse to pay, and steal it instead.
13826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 6/28/17

DarkBlade19 wrote:


LavenderMintRose wrote:

It should cost money to watch anime because it costs money to make anime.

If a lot of people put time and effort into making something, it's so arrogant and selfish to expect to get it for free, especially if you claim to love that thing.


Region blocking is one thing that force people to pirate anime.
For example I can't watch One Piece legally.


without region block, there would be far less piracy around. you could watch anime aired on public Japanese broadcast for free (and legally), or pay $30 a year to watch anime through Amazon Japan, downloading currently unlicensed series legally and watch it on the go.
18453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 6/28/17

curr0001 wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

If you have the money to stream anime, then do it. If you made something, you'd want money for it right?

However....I can't talk because I frequent other sites when CR doesn't have what I want and I'm not joining a site like AS where there's been talk of services being subpar. CR isn't perfect, but at least things show up on time. Hopefully, HiDIVE gets more of what I'd like to see and an app eventually...then I'd join.

(I have no idea for those out of US though)



I used CR alot cause they (so far) at least get 2 to 5 shows I like and the recent upload of the backcatlog from funi is keeping me busy too.

Anime strike has a few shows I want to wath buttt... Being a Canadain I'm not sure what they have and I haven't heard good thing about there player. and I can use the CR app on my Ps4 as well. That's pretty nice too.

I keep checking out hIDive once and a while but nothing there so far that want me to get a sub there..

It be nice to watch LOGH there but I just going wait for a physical release.


Usually CR picks up at least 2-3 shows I'm interested in each season...plus they have dramas and manga. I just go on certain sites to watch what CR has because a lot that I do like to watch isn't licensed by anyone.


I think HIDIVE just started, so it'd probably be a few more months before they get anything worthwhile...if the US hasn't killed the internet for good by then.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.