First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply American Pravda: CNN Producer Says Russia Narrative “bullsh*t"
runec 
36315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17

MysticGon wrote:
No one said doing the right thing comes without risk.


Which part of consistently fraudulent and misleading to the tune of $100,000 in lawsuit settlements counts as "doing the right thing"?

1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/28/17

MysticGon wrote:


runec wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
What exactly discredited them about the Planned Parenthood thing? They've done more than that btw.


And most of what they done has resulted in lawsuits and arrests ( of them ) while subsequent investigations revealed no wrongdoing on behalf of those they've targeted.

But hey if you want to keep relying on the credible of this guy:



And thats before you get into the fact Trump has donated to Project Veritas who is now producing videos Trump is using to attack news he doesn't like.



No one said doing the right thing comes without risk.


So how is lying about an organization by manipulating footage "doing the right thing"? If you think an org is doing something wrong, find real evidence, don't stage things, then go "SEE!? EVIL!"
21969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17
Part 2 is out, "it's just a big nothing burger":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2G360HrSAs


I also found a GIF that perfectly shows the CNN situation right now:

https://gfycat.com/OldClosedCapybara
15236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/17
Part two is, funnily enough, a big nothing burger too. You have someone who has openly said that he doesn't think the Russia investigation will turn anything up saying that he doesn't think the Russia investigation will turn anything up. Wow, such news.
21969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17

sundin13 wrote:

Part two is, funnily enough, a big nothing burger too. You have someone who has openly said that he doesn't think the Russia investigation will turn anything up saying that he doesn't think the Russia investigation will turn anything up. Wow, such news.


He acts super concerned about Russia on the air, doesn't care when off the air. This guy is an actor or a propagandist not a news reporter. CNN IS FAKE NEWS!
28250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17

runec wrote:


MysticGon wrote:
No one said doing the right thing comes without risk.


Which part of consistently fraudulent and misleading to the tune of $100,000 in lawsuit settlements counts as "doing the right thing"?






ran76 wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


runec wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
What exactly discredited them about the Planned Parenthood thing? They've done more than that btw.


And most of what they done has resulted in lawsuits and arrests ( of them ) while subsequent investigations revealed no wrongdoing on behalf of those they've targeted.

But hey if you want to keep relying on the credible of this guy:



And thats before you get into the fact Trump has donated to Project Veritas who is now producing videos Trump is using to attack news he doesn't like.



No one said doing the right thing comes without risk.


So how is lying about an organization by manipulating footage "doing the right thing"? If you think an org is doing something wrong, find real evidence, don't stage things, then go "SEE!? EVIL!"



On Wednesday, Federal District Judge Orinda Evans ruled that the case could move forward, even ruling that she found that CNN may have acted with “actual malice” with the report — a standard necessary to prove a defamation claim.

“The Court finds these allegations sufficient to establish that CNN was acting recklessly with regard to the accuracy of its report, i.e., with ‘actual malice,” the order reads. CNN had tried to get the case dismissed.


http://lawnewz.com/uncategorized/hospital-ceo-wins-major-court-ruling-after-accusing-cnn-of-false-reporting/

That's not a method you want to use in defending CNN. Breaking the laws to do the right thing is something MLK did in the Civil Rights Movement.

He (O'keefe, not King) caught people on camera speaking plainly about their motives. Wouldn't stand in a courtroom because the questions would be leading but he didn't hold a gun to their head and tell them to say those things or put those thoughts in their head. Trespassing and defamation are crimes but it's needed sometimes to get to the truth. That's why U.S. has 17 spy agencies. If any of them got caught for doing their job they'll be killed.
15236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/17

Rujikin wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

Part two is, funnily enough, a big nothing burger too. You have someone who has openly said that he doesn't think the Russia investigation will turn anything up saying that he doesn't think the Russia investigation will turn anything up. Wow, such news.


He acts super concerned about Russia on the air, doesn't care when off the air. This guy is an actor or a propagandist not a news reporter. CNN IS FAKE NEWS!


This was Van Jones less than a week ago:


“I am glad there is a Russia investigation and I hope they get to the bottom of it. I think Democrats are fooling ourselves if we think that something is going to come out of this investigation that is somehow going to end the Trump Presidency and make everything better. Unless there is a real smoking gun which there is probably not, it's just going to be a big old mess. Meanwhile, we are not talking about jobs, not talking about poverty, not talking about solutions, not talking about the addiction crisis. Let's talk about our stuff.


There are obviously parts of Russia's involvement with the election that are of a clear concern to the American people. This can't be denied. Whether this is Flynn's involvement, the several ongoing investigations into Trump's team members or Russia's attempted interference. These are things that we know are very real and that these news organizations should be covering.

I'm not sure what this "fake news" stuff is supposed to be saying. There is no debate about this stuff. We know about Flynn. We know about the ongoing investigations. We know about Russia's attempts at influencing the elections. There is no question here. There is no room to say "fake". This is all confirmed. Denying this is deluding yourself.

Is CNN dragging out the story? Of course. I don't think there is any doubt that they are trying to milk it for all its worth, but if thats your definition of fake news, you need to get a serious reality check. News is a business. It will cover what sells. That doesn't make it "fake".
runec 
36315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/28/17

MysticGon wrote:
He (O'keefe, not King) caught people on camera speaking plainly about their motives. Wouldn't stand in a courtroom because the questions would be leading but he didn't hold a gun to their head and tell them to say those things or put those thoughts in their head. Trespassing and defamation are crimes but it's needed sometimes to get to the truth. That's why U.S. has 17 spy agencies. If any of them got caught for doing their job they'll be killed.


But he doesn't get the truth. The bulk of his "stings" have been flagrantly misleading and resulting not just in financial damage and convictions of himself but also millions of wasted taxpayer dollars in resulting witch hunts. You cannot justify O'Keefe in the same breath you criticize CNN for a misleading story. Nevermind the absurdity of comparing a partisan demagogue pretending he's a defender of truth to people that work in US intelligence.

28250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17

runec wrote:


MysticGon wrote:
He (O'keefe, not King) caught people on camera speaking plainly about their motives. Wouldn't stand in a courtroom because the questions would be leading but he didn't hold a gun to their head and tell them to say those things or put those thoughts in their head. Trespassing and defamation are crimes but it's needed sometimes to get to the truth. That's why U.S. has 17 spy agencies. If any of them got caught for doing their job they'll be killed.


But he doesn't get the truth. The bulk of his "stings" have been flagrantly misleading and resulting not just in financial damage and convictions of himself but also millions of wasted taxpayer dollars in resulting witch hunts. You cannot justify O'Keefe in the same breath you criticize CNN for a misleading story. Nevermind the absurdity of comparing a partisan demagogue pretending he's a defender of truth to people that work in US intelligence.



I think the ends justify the means in this case. It's subjective but effective. Just like Racheal Madcow whipping her viewers in a frenzy with Trump's tax returns(which worked) or CNN filling their air time with Russia(which worked). Some of the stuff they get are from leaks. O'keefe snoops around for the damning content. After that it's a competition of who can get the information out to the masses the best. All to build their narrative. As a pro-life supporter I find it very compelling and obvious that someone who kills unborn children for a living would treat the subject with a disgusting level of insensitivity. Just like you as an anti-Trump person might find the idea a sitting US president would be in cahoots with Russia could be plausible because of Flynn and Comey.

I think getting people on camera to speak plainly is super effective. Just like getting disgruntled employees to leak damning info to you.
runec 
36315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17

MysticGon wrote:
I think the ends justify the means in this case. It's subjective but effective. Just like Racheal Madcow whipping her viewers in a frenzy with Trump's tax returns(which worked) or CNN filling their air time with Russia(which worked). Some of the stuff they get are from leaks. O'keefe snoops around for the damning content. After that it's a competition of who can get the information out to the masses the best. All to build their narrative. As a pro-life supporter I find it very compelling and obvious that someone who kills unborn children for a living would treat the subject with a disgusting level of insensitivity. Just like you as an anti-Trump person might find the idea a sitting US president would be in cahoots with Russia could be plausible because of Flynn and Comey.

I think getting people on camera to speak plainly is super effective. Just like getting disgruntled employees to leak damning info to you.


Except not a single investigation in any state uncovered any wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood. The only thing O'Keefe did was stir up people like yourself and cause a shitstorm that resulted in several states wasting god knows how much taxpayer money investigating nothing. CNN, conversely, while they are ratings baiting at least there is something to spin out their shit from.

I find the idea plausible because of Trump's massive network of conflicts of interest, him being surrounded by so many people with Russian connections, him ignoring those connections and endangering national security, the undeniable attempts by Russia to interfere with the election socially, politically and practically and the fact that every US intelligence agency as well as numerous foreign agencies have concluded Russia's actions and objectives.

Conversely, your position on PP is and has always been based on feelings here and you seem willing to justify practically anything to support said feelings. Which, whatever, your welcome to hold any opinion you want. But your feelings are not equal to the conclusions of an intelligence agency on a matter of critical national if not global security.

I'm not willing to hitch my wagon to some lying shitbag because he tells me what I want to hear though.


Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17

runec wrote:


And most of what they done has resulted in lawsuits and arrests ( of them ) while subsequent investigations revealed no wrongdoing on behalf of those they've targeted.
And thats before you get into the fact Trump has donated to Project Veritas who is now producing videos Trump is using to attack news he doesn't like.


I'm not sure what Planned Parenthood case you're talking about. There was a group who secretly filmed PP people talking about selling baby parts, but I can't see anything directly connecting Project Veritas to that, other than O'Keefe commenting on the Center for Medical Progress people being charged in California.
Also... just because there was no apparent illegal action taken by planned parenthood doesn't mean people don't have a right to know about baby parts being sold. The fact that its even legal is probably extra upsetting to those who care about that sort of thing.

CNN has been sued before too. They faced a 100 million dollar lawsuit for their Scaramucci fake news they published. You hold them to the same standards I hope?

Oh wow, Trump donated 10k to O'Keefe... can we also talk about the near $400k from "journalists" that went to Hillary's pockets? The same "journalists" that at this very moment are scheming to push more fake news in an effort to boost viewership and attack those that say something contrary to their narrative?






28250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/17

runec wrote:


MysticGon wrote:
I think the ends justify the means in this case. It's subjective but effective. Just like Racheal Madcow whipping her viewers in a frenzy with Trump's tax returns(which worked) or CNN filling their air time with Russia(which worked). Some of the stuff they get are from leaks. O'keefe snoops around for the damning content. After that it's a competition of who can get the information out to the masses the best. All to build their narrative. As a pro-life supporter I find it very compelling and obvious that someone who kills unborn children for a living would treat the subject with a disgusting level of insensitivity. Just like you as an anti-Trump person might find the idea a sitting US president would be in cahoots with Russia could be plausible because of Flynn and Comey.

I think getting people on camera to speak plainly is super effective. Just like getting disgruntled employees to leak damning info to you.


Except not a single investigation in any state uncovered any wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood. The only thing O'Keefe did was stir up people like yourself and cause a shitstorm that resulted in several states wasting god knows how much taxpayer money investigating nothing. CNN, conversely, while they are ratings baiting at least there is something to spin out their shit from.

I find the idea plausible because of Trump's massive network of conflicts of interest, him being surrounded by so many people with Russian connections, him ignoring those connections and endangering national security, the undeniable attempts by Russia to interfere with the election socially, politically and practically and the fact that every US intelligence agency as well as numerous foreign agencies have concluded Russia's actions and objectives.

Conversely, your position on PP is and has always been based on feelings here and you seem willing to justify practically anything to support said feelings. Which, whatever, your welcome to hold any opinion you want. But your feelings are not equal to the conclusions of an intelligence agency on a matter of critical national if not global security.

I'm not willing to hitch my wagon to some lying shitbag because he tells me what I want to hear though.




How fair and open-minded of you.

My position of PP is based on their status as the largest provider of a practice that takes the lives of almost a million people a year in the U.S. alone. That's a fact. Just like you can use the conclusions of the spy agencies to form the basis of your stance.

Well it's a competition, we'll see which side wins out in the end.
runec 
36315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/28/17 , edited 6/28/17

MysticGon wrote:
How fair and open-minded of you.

My position of PP is based on their status as the largest provider of a practice that takes the lives of almost a million people a year in the U.S. alone. That's a fact. Just like you can use the conclusions of the spy agencies to form the basis of your stance.


That's a belief. We've already covered the facts of that matter ad nasuem and it ultimately comes down to belief. If it was a fact you would make allowances for data and evidence. But you treat it as a zero sum game. You show no interesting n improving the situation itself, only achieving your moral victory regardless of the consequences. How "fair and open-minded of you" indeed. -.-

And regardless, even if that were fact, it would not excuse justifying Veritas because Veritas proved nothing, further damaged their own credibility and lead to the waste of however much government money chasing the rabbit down that hole.

You can't argue that defamation is justifiable because you want it to be true.



21428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 6/28/17
If the left wants to get smart they'd start pushing the media to go after Trump's horrible healthcare plan (aka a real issue) and give up on this fantasy of Trump being a Russian agent or whatever the story the media is running with this week.
There is still no real evidence and unless that changes its time to get back to addressing things that voters actually care about like the national debt, healthcare, immigration, social security, ongoing wars, etc.

I don't understand how anyone can even watch that network anymore they just repeat the same narrative day in and day out, yawn.
28250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/17

runec wrote:


MysticGon wrote:
How fair and open-minded of you.

My position of PP is based on their status as the largest provider of a practice that takes the lives of almost a million people a year in the U.S. alone. That's a fact. Just like you can use the conclusions of the spy agencies to form the basis of your stance.


That's a belief. We've already covered the facts of that matter ad nasuem and it ultimately comes down to belief. If it was a fact you would make allowances for data and evidence. But you treat it as a zero sum game. You show no interesting n improving the situation itself, only achieving your moral victory regardless of the consequences. How "fair and open-minded of you" indeed. -.-

And regardless, even if that were fact, it would not excuse justifying Veritas because Veritas proved nothing, further damaged their own credibility and lead to the waste of however much government money chasing the rabbit down that hole.

You can't argue that defamation is justifiable because you want it to be true.





...not sure how to respond to this to be honest. A belief huh... :/ I mean it's in the name. You are terminating a pregnancy. What happens at the end of a pregnancy? A person is born. Don't need data and evidence for that. It's kind of been known since the dawn of time. Common sense if you will. Better than that actually, its instinct. What are you doing when you terminate them? You kill them. Sorry if you disagree but that's the reality. PP is the number one participant in this practice in the US. In my view James O'keefe's videos just gives you a glimpse into the mind of someone who makes a business out of it, one I've experienced personally. But what they do (killing unborn babies) is what they promote and vow to keep doing. Not interested in semantics and niceties of such a topic.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.