First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Dating and Anime
11930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chaldea Security...
Offline
Posted 7/3/17
If you aint some hardcore yandere or tsundere, I want nothing to do with you!

*Snaps fingers walking away*
Posted 7/3/17
^ That last part made me laugh more than it should have....
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 7/3/17

amejia0 wrote:

On topic OP I believe that basing a relationship on something as superficial as liking anime will lead to an utter train wreck of a relationship. .


you got that right
2036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/4/17

Sogno- wrote:


amejia0 wrote:

On topic OP I believe that basing a relationship on something as superficial as liking anime will lead to an utter train wreck of a relationship. .


you got that right


Haha base it on more important things... like fried pork cutlets or curry.
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
There is, it's called Crunchyroll.
11306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

LtSheppard wrote:

I wish there was a actual dating site to find someone that enjoys anime. Like i know there have been some pop up but their garbage and are just bullshit filled spam sites in my experience. Like with crunchyroll having millions of users it would be kick ass if there was some sort of friend finding tab lol. even to find plain friends would be nice too. what yall think on it? i just was thinking about it when i saw movie night with ancient magus bride coming up but then thought that going to that alone being a male of 30 years id look like a pathetic dweeb lol. then i was like that would be a perfect anime date! to bad CR doesnt have anything of the sorts


I thought that was what the "crunchy connections" thing was.

Based on previous experience with online dating though, you're probably better off just trying to meet people locally that are into anime via meetups and events. Make some friends, get some phone numbers, have fun.
11306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

shadowjoker72 wrote:


Sogno- wrote:


amejia0 wrote:

On topic OP I believe that basing a relationship on something as superficial as liking anime will lead to an utter train wreck of a relationship. .


you got that right


Haha base it on more important things... like fried pork cutlets or curry.


Neither.

Raw fish or go the fuck home.

XD
2036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
Basing a relationship on raw fish?? Well it worked for the little mermaid I guess :p
11945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
I think that anime conventions could have potential with that.
Unfortunately there wasn't anything like that around where i live when i was a teenager but my first anime convention i was probably around 21 or so? ( i forget exactly)
My point with that is, i think younger people are more likely to flirt or try n hook up with each other. i remember the first few conventions i went to i reckon could have been good opportunities for me but that's probably also because they were really small and underground and low key. Small numbers back then. So easier to mingle and keep bumping into each other.
Where as now they are massive and theres thousands of people and all sorts of people, not just hard core fans.
But i feel i blew/wasted that for various reasons abd in various ways.

And yeah i think anime forums could play a part in that also.
Way back when i was around the age of late teens/early twenties i used to post at a big very lively and very active anime forum and did so for years. I ended up with so many girls on my friends list and we would also talk on MSN and e-mail and etc
One American girl wanted me to go over there. But for some reason i never did.
But again, when you're young you're more likely to be flirty and it's not creepy to flirt and role play and talk to people younger than you and etc.
But i was talking to girls over seas, not in my own country. I imagine for you Americans there would be alot of forums where you can meet people on forums not so far away from you.

I think the closest i got was role playing and flirting long distance or when i took my younger sister and one of her hot friends to a convention both dressed in Japanese school uniforms that i bought off e bay lol.

Oh the one time i did post at a local anime forum i didn't get along with people and got ganged up on, a bit like this place lol
183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / O / St. Louis, Missouri.
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
Don't people use Tender nowadays? Are you unable to find people solely based on similar interests? Or am I missing the reason why people don't use it?
222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 45011
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/5/17

MendicantBiasV7 wrote:

Don't people use Tender nowadays? Are you unable to find people solely based on similar interests? Or am I missing the reason why people don't use it?


Just like with any other dating site there's an issue with trust. Is this person really who they say they are? Catfishing is a very real thing and honesty goes a long way in a relationship. Tinder tries ways of preventing things like that but there's only so much that they can do. Not only that but online dating can have negative effects on people's self-esteem because women tend to have a certain bias towards men just like men have a certain bias towards women. Let's just say dating is a lot harder than it used to be, to top it all off it's easier for someone to cheat on another person because of all these sites.

That's why I stick to racing cars now. It's easier, and it's not going to break my heart. And I get just as much satisfaction out of it.
183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / O / St. Louis, Missouri.
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

TalosAutomaton wrote:


MendicantBiasV7 wrote:

Don't people use Tender nowadays? Are you unable to find people solely based on similar interests? Or am I missing the reason why people don't use it?


Just like with any other dating site there's an issue with trust. Is this person really who they say they are? Catfishing is a very real thing and honesty goes a long way in a relationship. Tinder tries ways of preventing things like that but there's only so much that they can do. Not only that but online dating can have negative effects on people's self-esteem because women tend to have a certain bias towards men just like men have a certain bias towards women. Let's just say dating is a lot harder than it used to be, to top it all off it's easier for someone to cheat on another person because of all these sites.

That's why I stick to racing cars now. It's easier, and it's not going to break my heart. And I get just as much satisfaction out of it.


Trust is always a concern when in any sort of relationship. Regardless of it is online or offline, true sincerity is difficult to come by - especially online. I know that from experience. But it is because of this fact that I openly pursue multiple relationships. While it may seem selfish, and certainly egregious, I find that if I have a romantic interest for someone, I want to keep that someone in my life. Many criticize me and my partners for various reasons, but we're happy to be in each other's lives. You say online dating can have negative effects on a person's self-esteem. Yet, dating in general is a cause of emotional distress, it doesn't specifically need to be online.

Dating has always been difficult. It can only be made easier by the people you spend your life with. People come and go. There is nothing you can do about that but enjoy the time you have with them now.

Understandably most who read this will disagree with the vast majority of what I've said , but at least understand that you will eventually find that special someone. And when you do, don't let them go. (Lock them in the basement if you have to.)
11306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

shadowjoker72 wrote:

Basing a relationship on raw fish?? Well it worked for the little mermaid I guess :p


Oh the jokes...

I like my meat raw and moist, and slightly above room temperature.

yeah... I think that's the safest response...
11306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/4/17

MendicantBiasV7 wrote:


TalosAutomaton wrote:


MendicantBiasV7 wrote:

Don't people use Tender nowadays? Are you unable to find people solely based on similar interests? Or am I missing the reason why people don't use it?


Just like with any other dating site there's an issue with trust. Is this person really who they say they are? Catfishing is a very real thing and honesty goes a long way in a relationship. Tinder tries ways of preventing things like that but there's only so much that they can do. Not only that but online dating can have negative effects on people's self-esteem because women tend to have a certain bias towards men just like men have a certain bias towards women. Let's just say dating is a lot harder than it used to be, to top it all off it's easier for someone to cheat on another person because of all these sites.

That's why I stick to racing cars now. It's easier, and it's not going to break my heart. And I get just as much satisfaction out of it.


Trust is always a concern when in any sort of relationship. Regardless of it is online or offline, true sincerity is difficult to come by - especially online. I know that from experience. But it is because of this fact that I openly pursue multiple relationships. While it may seem selfish, and certainly egregious, I find that if I have a romantic interest for someone, I want to keep that someone in my life. Many criticize me and my partners for various reasons, but we're happy to be in each other's lives. You say online dating can have negative effects on a person's self-esteem. Yet, dating in general is a cause of emotional distress, it doesn't specifically need to be online.

Dating has always been difficult. It can only be made easier by the people you spend your life with. People come and go. There is nothing you can do about that but enjoy the time you have with them now.

Understandably most who read this will disagree with the vast majority of what I've said , but at least understand that you will eventually find that special someone. And when you do, don't let them go. (Lock them in the basement if you have to.)


Ehhhh.. I think you guys are being too harsh.

If you want to be with someone, it's ridiculously easy to meed them, and if you fail, you just try again. practice makes perfect. You also have to consider your own standards and what you want. Maybe you're asking for too much yourself.

ON THE OTHER HAND, I really don't do the whole dating and meeting people thing because, 1. I haven't the god damned time. 2. I'm just not that into people... Last relationship was between 10 and 15 years ago, left a sour taste in my mouth. Could have just hopped from one girl to the next, but felt cheap as hell... A lot of people do that though (I find it rather distasteful). Since then, I've only become more... I want to say misanthropic, but that's not it. Other people just want want want... Same goes for friends, family, work....

I used to try and do things with friends or family, since going out to dinner, watching a movie, etc. seems more like things you should do socially, but I'm trying to buck the trend and teach myself that not having others with me isn't a viable excuse for not having fun.

Now if I could only find the proper work/life balance.

Nevertheless finding someone's easy. It always starts with a "hello".
Posted 7/4/17

LtSheppard wrote:

My biggest issue is in Mississippi i cant mention anime to 90 percent of the women you start talking to. You either get looked at funny or laughed at. Kind sucks especially since anime is slowly becoming more main stream and even being made into hollywood movies some women still look at it like its cartoons lol. i was just wishing upon a star kinda. i know it wouldnt work out easily but it would be great to think you could log in click 10 animes you love 10 you hate and be matched with a few dozen girls within 100 miles to chat with lol...


so youre asking for too much
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.