First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Feminism! Whats Wrong? Whats right?
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 6/30/17
im female

everything is wrong with me

but im also always right

hmmm
11306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/30/17

Sogno- wrote:

im female

everything is wrong with me

but im also always right

hmmm


need proof of femaleness and not orange cat-ness...

Past comments make me believe lasagna and hatred of mondays will expose the truth...
17453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 6/30/17 , edited 6/30/17
Personally I am all for the original reason for the feminist movement:
1. Equal sufferage.
2. Equal pay for equal work. (And I mean equal hours and productivity here)
3. Equal protection under the law.

I am opposed to misandry or some sort of protected class status. As that would be sexist.
Equal means equal.
zoqu25 
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/30/17
I agree with OP. The modern feminist movement has been hijacked by misandrists and entitled girls looking for something to complain about and blame men for. Like, there are legitimate things that currently disadvantage and victimize women, particularly certain attitudes that still exist in our culture such as slut-shaming and victim blaming rape victims, attitudes revolving around female sexuality, attitudes towards women in workplaces and such. All of these things are problems in our culture and the solution is changing our collective mindset about women, but feminazis are really getting in the way of that by giving real feminists a bad rep. But for the most part, women are already equal with men; the biggest thing I can think of that we still need to fix aside from what I mentioned is reproductive rights and maternity leave.

At this point, I think feminism has outlived its usefulness or purpose. Egalitarianism is what the movement should move towards now, rather than trying to appropriate the cause of egalitarians for themselves as an excuse to promote misandry. Because as mentioned, men also face legitimate issues such as rape, domestic violence, being unfairly judged in rape allegations, losing the majority of custody battles, etc. The Red Pill documentary goes into a lot of that stuff.

Also, on the subject of hijab, it is only in countries with radical Islam that force women to conform to it, especially to an excessive degree. Most Muslim countries give women a choice in the matter, which many still do voluntarily because it is part of their religion, which btw also contains hijab rules for men. I also personally think it is wrong to ban hijab, as some European countries have done, because it strikes me as disrespectful of their religion.
6015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/30/17
I'm a feminist, I believe in equality of rights and that there should be zero tolerance for discrimination, simple.
5502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 7/1/17

LeoTheEngi wrote:

Now this might be because I'm a gay male, but I strongly disagree with you there.


I realized there would be people who disagreed. I want to ask you personally LeoTheEngi can you explain your point of view to me so we can better understand why there is disagreement and what it is based upon?
5502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 7/1/17 , edited 7/1/17
I would like to ask a question to everyone and anyone.My question is why is it okay to fight for victimization when rape of females is perpetrated by males and to completely disregard and oppose the same victimization when rape of males occurs by females.

Why is it that the feminist movement is opposed to accepting that women are capable of raping men and should be charged accordingly by the law if the crime was committed.

Here are a few examples of cases where laws where attempted to be ammended in order to make it "equal" in regards to both males and females receiving the same charge under the law. The following example occurred in India.


The [JS Verma] panel — set up to look into rape laws after the December 16 Delhi gang rape — had recommended that the offence be kept gender-specific and the age for consensual sex be retained at 16 years in the Indian Penal Code (IPC). In its ordinance, however, the government replaced the term rape with sexual assault, stating that any ‘person’ can commit the offence.



As it stands, the current sexual offense statutes, Section 375 and 376, do not recognize males as potential victims. The Criminal Law Amendment Bill, 2012 would have allowed for male victims to be recognized, however, that has been rejected. The current proposal, the Criminal Law Amendment Bill, 2013 retains the change of “rape” to “sexual assault” element in section 375, but maintains the notion that sexual violence is a “gendered” crime. Given such, it is unlikely that the “gender neutral” laws would actually be appliedy to male victims of rape, particularly given the opposition to including women as potential offenders.


They were attempting to change the word rape because women are not able to "commit" rape and thus cannot be charged.


If India were to apply this law in cases where female sexually assault males and females, the government would imply that no sexual violation against the person took place, only a violation of the law against “unnatural” sexual activity.


How can you explain that this was done with the goal of achieving equality? Same crime? Different violation of the law equals different punishment does not equal equality.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Womens-groups-Cancel-law-charging-women-with-rape

The following example occurred in Israel.


According to the proposal, an amendment to the Penal Law, a woman who causes or makes it possible for a person to insert his (or her) bodily organ or an object into her sexual organ will be charged with rape, forbidden intercourse by consent, sodomy or sex offenses within the family, depending on the circumstances of the act.The law applies to women who perform the above on adult men and women, as well as on minors of either sex.


They attempted to pass this bill only to be told by the Justice Ministry that they would have to amend the part that specified that women could be charged with rape by a woman committed against adults (male or female).

The reasoning behind the vehement opposition to this amending of the law?


According to attorney Ruth Eldar of the Noga Center of the Ono Academic College, men will take advantage of the legislation to defend themselves against rape charges by accusing the women of raping them.

“The bill will cause women to stop complaining to police when they are raped by providing men with a formal alibi in court,” she warned. “The law treats men and women as being equal when it is obvious that in these matters, the men are the stronger ones.”

Eldar told The Jerusalem Post that women should be charged with rape only in cases where they encourage minors or helpless people to insert a bodily organ or object into their bodies.”



According to the Justice Ministry, the amendment is necessary because the current wording applies only to men. Although it is rare, there is a possibility that a woman may rape an adult male or female and therefore the law should stipulate that this, too, is forbidden.


https://toysoldier.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/a-sad-day-for-male-rape-victims-in-india/

Both times the laws were vehemently opposed by feminist groups leading to nothing being changed.

This is an obvious injustice against equality and yet feminism does nothing but ensure that no change occurs.

I would like to hear your thoughts?



runec 
38982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/17
I trust this thread is going exactly how we all thought it would.
10818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/17
Indeed it is...
5367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The Cat Empire
Offline
Posted 7/1/17

amejia0 wrote:

I would like to ask a question to everyone and anyone.My question is why is it okay to fight for victimization when rape of females is perpetrated by males and to completely disregard and oppose the same victimization when rape of males occurs by females.




It is not okay.








Rujikin wrote:

^ modern feminism marches for Islam and says hajiabs are liberating.


these ladies don't look like they're being forced to wear them? maybe some people actually want to wear them...

Women do not need to be wearing revealing clothes to feel liberated! ( I for one don't lol)

whoa! these ladies look like they're having fun while wearing them!








women can dress however modestly they want!







jl6
467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/1/17
bend them over and plow em really good till they moan
5367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / The Cat Empire
Offline
Posted 7/1/17 , edited 7/1/17
3649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


dulun18 wrote:



ah! meet the parents! and male nurses

Meet the Parents (1/11) Best Movie Quote - Male Nurse Catheter (2000)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQv6PV9wSjg

Meet the Parents (dinner scene-- why not going for your MD instead of being a nurse)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmhGzTEGa70

Yes. it's a movie but they are pretty spot on.


the dinner scene said it all. I'm sure you can see similar conversation in real life

Male nurses are rare as are female police officer, fighter fighters, soldiers, mechanics, etc..


they call it gender equality -- it's sad but women are unlikely to enter a labor demanding field or a field with high risks

"it's a man's job" saying still exists today.

simply put i'm guessing they just want those CEO jobs without doing much work --
6636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/1/17


the thing is a lot of the time in places which are Muslim majority wearing a hijab isn't a option. where most of the countries where the other traditional clothing you showed is quite optional in modern times. not too mention how the claim countries like the usa, canada etc are rape cultures, yet they seem to completely ignore the fact that pretty much every Muslim country definitely seems to be a actual rape culture ether because of no effective laws in regarding sexual assault or law enforcement rarely being effective in finding and punishing rapists as well as woman often fear reporting rape since it can actually be quite dangerous for them to do so considering even just sex outside of marriage is considered a serious offense same with adultery.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4301104/Whipped-100-times-having-sex-outside-marriage.html
also going if they are following the quran to the letter they are also supposed to stone the woman to death.
710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / bedroom
Offline
Posted 7/1/17 , edited 7/1/17
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.