Post Reply New North Carolina island
16129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40438209

North Carolina water bump birthed baby island littered with the bones of ships and whales. About a mile long, it is about 330 feet off of the shore, has been called Hatteras Island.
20760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
How is this a discussion?

Seriously, I don't understand this. It's not like this is a "new islands" forum. What leads someone to go to a forum and post a link with a short summary, adding literally nothing to the content of the article, when the article doesn't have anything to do with the purpose of the forum? What is the point? "I saw a thing on the internet?"
16129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
That's basically the article, too, so I thought people might like to talk about a glorified sandbar. Or perhaps island development. Or slow news days. I don't know. It's just something I thought might spark a bit of interest.
15784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

cdarklock wrote:
It's not like this is a "new islands" forum


Man, that sounds like the place to be.
20760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17

gornotck wrote:

I don't know. It's just something I thought might spark a bit of interest.


So you're just driving traffic to the site, then?

1161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
Let's all anchor houseboats on it, plant a flag and declare sovereignty.
7726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/29/17
I don't know much about islands. What I do know is that is not an island. That is a sandbox
67098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / South Carolina, USA
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/30/17
I wonder if it'll still be there after a few hurricanes?
16129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/30/17
It does seem a bit optimistic to name the sandbar before summer is out.
14378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / AH / Helipad
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/30/17
Will it stick around though or will it be reclaimed by the sea eventually? It would be cool to check out those shipwrecks. You never know, they might be able to identify some of the ships if they can date them and if they're in good enough condition.
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/30/17

gornotck wrote:

That's basically the article, too, so I thought people might like to talk about a glorified sandbar. Or perhaps island development. Or slow news days. I don't know. It's just something I thought might spark a bit of interest.


*shrugs*

fb was promoting this......
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/29/minnesota-woman-fatally-shoots-boyfriend-youtube-stunt-gone-wrong/438406001/
16129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/30/17

serifsansserif wrote:


gornotck wrote:

That's basically the article, too, so I thought people might like to talk about a glorified sandbar. Or perhaps island development. Or slow news days. I don't know. It's just something I thought might spark a bit of interest.


*shrugs*

fb was promoting this......
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/29/minnesota-woman-fatally-shoots-boyfriend-youtube-stunt-gone-wrong/438406001/


http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-994333/youtube-stunt-gone-wrong

MysteryMiss brought that up yesterday, I believe. It is both sad and stupid.
23182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 6/29/17 , edited 6/30/17
I wonder how large of an area is rising as that may have just been a high point. Pretty neat :D


cdarklock wrote:

How is this a discussion?

Seriously, I don't understand this. It's not like this is a "new islands" forum. What leads someone to go to a forum and post a link with a short summary, adding literally nothing to the content of the article, when the article doesn't have anything to do with the purpose of the forum? What is the point? "I saw a thing on the internet?"


This is an interesting thread but your post is not interesting. Why did you even post this?
20760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 7/1/17 , edited 7/2/17

Rujikin wrote:

Why did you even post this?


Because I wanted the answer to the question. That's usually why people ask them.


47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 7/2/17 , edited 7/2/17
idk about an island but it is pretty cool

i hope to go to the outerbanks one day
You must be logged in to post.