First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Belladonna Town
Creator
69250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/30/17 , edited 7/1/17

Moderator
48700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 7/14/17
Guiding Guzen through the forest and to the city gates took almost an hour on foot due to the uneven terrain and a few encounters with wild beasts.
Approaching the gates a couple of guards bow towards Xorin simultaneously saying "Welcome back my lord"

Waving towards them Xorin just says. "At ease."

Just as Xorin starts speaking their eyes turn towards Guzen with a distrustful look, their hands slowly mowing towards their weapons.

"I said at ease, he's with me." Xorin's eyes narrow before looking at Guzen again with a relaxed smile. "This way, Guzen." He gestures past the guards and into the city.
Moderator
30940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 7/14/17 , edited 7/14/17
Following apparent city lord (or so Guzen assumed) through the streets Guzen did not show much of attentive spirit and seemed rather calm. In fact though he really closely observed his surroundings trying to notice all things of importance. The town seemed way old fashioned even though many buildings looked like recently built. Concerning his 'period-long-gone' mentality he almost felt at ease in such a place. Glimpses of people around did prove he was walking beside someone well known though truth to be told his tall muscular figure and unusual clothes alone were enough to cause solid amount of attention.

As they walked he noticed street performers on a main street. For a moment it piqued his interest.
Moderator
48700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 7/14/17


When Guzen slowed down to watch the performers, Xorin took a quick look around. "Guzen are you hungry?" He points towards a outdoor restaurant he was familiar with. "We can talk for a bit in there, and you can watch the performers as well."
Moderator
30940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 7/14/17 , edited 7/14/17

"I'm afraid it would be uncalled for sir. Sadly I do not posses any of local currency yet..."

As he observed various street artists presenting their skills Guzen came up with a certain idea.

"I see the street stage shows are allowed here, so would it be fair for me to stage one to acquire basic profit? I believe I might be able to afford a meal in reasonable amount of time"
Moderator
48700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 7/14/17


Xorin shook his head. "It's my treat this time and if you feel like you have to pay for something then I would say information about your trade and your history would mean a lot to me." He gently patted his large book. "Some people pay a lot for information and.. you have piqued my interest, so what do you say?" Yet again Xorin signals towards the restaurant.
Moderator
30940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 7/14/17


Guzen thought for a while and agreed to proposition. As he sat on the appointed table he waited exchange of information. He assumed it was wise to at last learn as much as he could about place he ended up in and didn't really have anything to hide at this point.
Moderator
48700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 7/14/17


As the two of them sat down at the table a waitress looked towards them before coming towards them, walking up from behind Xorin she didn't notice who he was at first. "Would you like to hear about today's specials or would you prefer a menu?" She looked over the two of them while talking starting with Guzen, when she looked at Xorin she almost yelled out, but seeing him signal her to keep it down she resumed in a softer voice. "The regular my king?"

Nodding Xorin smiled to her before looking at Gozen again.
Moderator
30940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 7/14/17


Even though there surely was an impact of surprise Guzen did not let it become a scene. More or less he expected Xorin to be a significant figure for a while now yet he was somewhat startled at the idea of king walking around beast driven forests alone.

"I'll follow anything ordered by my benefactor" ~he replied ambiguously s if speaking to both Xorin and waitress.

As the waitress was walking away from their table she almost tripped over Santetsukon lying besides Guzen's chair. With a lightning fast reflexes he caught her arm and stabilized her before she could fall.

"Apologies, I took unnecessary amount of space"

In fact it was true that section around Guzen's chair was nearly loitered with artistically intricate white arms. Two Katana swords, Santetsukon, Weirdly long bow and even belt of throwing knives put on the backrest of chair itself. While he was walking all of that stuff not really seem too easy to point out, or more like - it seemed like 'part of him' but now it was visible he carried around a lot of weird stuff.
Moderator
48700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 7/14/17 , edited 7/14/17


"It's okay, I just didn't pay appropriate attention to my surroundings." Apologizing the maid bows towards Guzen before turning around again.
Xorin chuckled slightly before looking towards the maid. "He's a human."
Nodding slightly the maid continues to walk away from the table.

"So all that gear." Xorin signals towards Gozen's weapons. "Did you create all of them?" He asked while carefully leaning his Daisho towards the table, shaping a simple piece of metal into a simple stand for them under the table.
Moderator
30940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 7/14/17

Nodding yet again Guzen gladly used the stand.

"It was a long term tradition in my family and I consider weapon-smiting a sort of meditation. In fact I guess I might hope to use my skills in that regard here" ~Finishing to set up his weapons Guzen continued~"I must admit it's rather intricate to see someone use ferrokinesis so freely, not mention it's something rare enough to be seen by me only second time"
Moderator
48700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 7/14/17


"Oh, this is nothing that simple." Xorin chuckled as he placed one of the darts he shaped earlier on the table in front of Guzen, measuring over 10'000 layers in that small frame. "What do you think of this?" While doing those things he opened his book on an empty page with his left hand and started taking a few notes, all with his left hand.
Moderator
30940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 7/15/17 , edited 7/15/17


Guzen took a look at the dart. Grasping it up he checked balance of it and put it back down.

"As far as common thing would go it's least twice a dozen damascus degree on intricacy. Saying it's structure is organic would be just fair. With a proper tempering and finishing it would exceed anything regular but I guess it's to be used as it is?"

It was barely when Guzen ended up his sentence as something caused ruckus down the street. At first there was a scream but soon enough townsfolk seemed to start running in panic.
Moderator
48700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Norway
Online
Posted 7/15/17


Xorin smiled slightly. "Oh, you really know your stu..." He managed to say before the commotion managed to reach his ears. In an instant he was on his feet, fastening his Daisho to his sides, his eyes searching for the source of the commotion. The metal dart on the table slowly turning into a small sheet of iron alloy moving into his clothes.
Moderator
30940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / Secret ^^
Offline
Posted 7/15/17


Following in Xorin's footsteps Guzen took some of his belongings and ran towards the source of commotion. At first it was hard to tell what was the cause with all the people running away but inhumane roars and sounds of demolition suggested some sort of beast. Only once they turned into next corner of street thy had seen the cause...

Despite being hunched the creature seemed least twelve feet tall and it looked a if in rage it was looking for something. Tossing townsfolk around it already had a number of dead or wounded at it's feet. That sadly included some of the guards which unprepared probably had been taken by surprise and thus torn apart. Vampiric in nature the beast looked not like anything Xorin saw so far however, it looked like something ... for lack of better word 'old'.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.