Post Reply What anime, manga etc. should Arc System Works adapt next?
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 7/2/17
It's hard for me to find anime fans that aren't hyped up for the release of Arc System Works' Dragonball FighterZ and I can't blame them, because it makes the transition to a fighting game incredibly faithfully. With the copious numbers of Dragonball fighting games out there not one has come as close to emulating the style and movements found in the show as FighterZ. This, of course, raises the question of what anime and manga Arc System Works should adapt next.

One of my personal picks would be Re:Creators, because while it isn't my favourite anime it has a roster of characters with diverse personalities and powers that would make for a solid and mechanically varied fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gZE6SyIYQ#t=58.638304

I also have to mention One Piece because I really REALLY like that series. It's one of the greatest shonen battle manga of all time but for some reason it hasn't had a notably good fighting game yet. Naruto and Bleach both have several good games under their belt but One Piece hasn't had one yet and it deserves better, damn it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C8Ir2rV_Wk
83698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/17
Not hyped for it. But then, that's probably because I don't find Dragonball interesting in the least, nor do I find fighting games interesting, generally.
21391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 7/2/17
Who is Arc System Works?
14426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/17
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_System_Works

Best known for Blaz Blue, Guilty Gear, and Battletoads.
1724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Spokane, Washingt...
Offline
Posted 7/2/17

Rujikin wrote:

Who is Arc System Works?


The guys behind BlazBlue and Guilty Gear. Both 'anime style' fighters known for tons of mechanics, very high skill ceiling (and for many, a high skill floor too.) character design, and at least on the Guilty Gear side, very over the top wacky character design on an artistic level. BlazBlue is a bit more serious though on that end.
21391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 7/2/17

gornotck wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_System_Works

Best known for Blaz Blue, Guilty Gear, and Battletoads.


Never played the first two but Battle toads was amazing!

10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 7/2/17

Rujikin wrote:


gornotck wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_System_Works

Best known for Blaz Blue, Guilty Gear, and Battletoads.


Never played the first two but Battle toads was amazing!



Do you have preorders for Battletoads for the Wii?
21391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 7/2/17

octorockandroll wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


gornotck wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_System_Works

Best known for Blaz Blue, Guilty Gear, and Battletoads.


Never played the first two but Battle toads was amazing!



Do you have preorders for Battletoads for the Wii?


I don't have a Wii. The previews looked so good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnPv9l-5LNQ
You must be logged in to post.