First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply To all US Male citizens 18 to 26- Are You registered?
924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / SOCAL for now
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

Lance_Clemings wrote:

One of my biggest regrets.

As it stands now, if I am ever drafted, they will have to literally drag me out of my house, and maybe not even alive. I will not kill or be killed because someone told me so. If I am going to die defending my country and home, I will do so with whatever I have on me defending against ANYONE who wish me harm.

But who cares, this is just a depressed rambling from a pseudo-intellectual, wannabe anarchist, autistic bum.


They would call any veterans who got out within eight years first before that happens. It takes less training, time, and money to get them ready.
11306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
Never was enlisted, and too old.. :)

I'm not suited to the military anyhow. Never was.
Dragon
68435 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
Ehhhh, I'm outside the age range, just as you are, OP.

But really, they likely don't want me anyway. Sure, I'm a computer programmer, but I still have a form of platinum in my blood (among other poisons) and titanium holding my guts more or less in place. At least my vision has improved from when I was eligible age-wise.. back then I needed glasses, and probably would've been rejected for that.
3673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
Women should be drafted as well-- Don't be a sexist !!


Should Women be Drafted? | We the Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7juwnxw8UAo
50 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/4/17
Signed up, can't be drafted due to health.
51656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
I still carry my draft card in my wallet to this day. As for the people saying they won't sign up for the draft because they don't want to kill, grow up and pay attention. If you ever DO get drafted (Which is extremely unlikely, congress wouldn't institute the draft nowadays because they wouldn't get re-elected) all you have to do is register as a conscientious objector. Saying you won't sign up for the draft is pretty much the same as acting like a spoiled child.
https://www.sss.gov/consobj
2722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / US
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
Yes. But I'm prity sure me being an only son means the chances of being drafted are slim
21780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

serifsansserif wrote:

Never was enlisted, and too old.. :)

I'm not suited to the military anyhow. Never was.


Actually the cut off is 45 though the traditional norm is 26. But if it really is in the shit they will take you wither you want to or not. Me I severed and signed up the day after i hit 18 back in the day. It is the duty of every male citizen of age to sign up for the draft, if you don't expect a visit from your local sheriff since it is their job to enforce it.

Funny how people apposed to their government consider themselves patriots last time I checked you sort of had to be for the system to be considered on.
28735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Seattle, WA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
I had literally no idea it was a thing until I was more than halfway done with my 25th year.
16135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
lol @ America
Ejanss 
17029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/4/17

MakotoKamui wrote:

Ehhhh, I'm outside the age range, just as you are, OP.


As a proud American, I registered for the draft in high school (back in the Reagan era) for one reason, and one reason only:
They threatened to stiff your college-loan money if you didn't.

I don't mind the implied blackmail/extortion, as I'd never seen it used a day since. Falklands, Gulf, Iraq II, Afghanistan, I think Washington literally forgot there ever HAD been a new draft registration in the Reagan 80's, and that's why volunteer Army Reservists got to go to Baghdad three or four times in a row.
11306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

gvblackmoon wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:

Never was enlisted, and too old.. :)

I'm not suited to the military anyhow. Never was.


Actually the cut off is 45 though the traditional norm is 26. But if it really is in the shit they will take you wither you want to or not. Me I severed and signed up the day after i hit 18 back in the day. It is the duty of every male citizen of age to sign up for the draft, if you don't expect a visit from your local sheriff since it is their job to enforce it.

Funny how people apposed to their government consider themselves patriots last time I checked you sort of had to be for the system to be considered on.


Ehhhhhhhh.. so I guess I got another 10 years to worry about the draft.......

Nevertheless, I really really doubt they want me... I don't consider my personality the most stable for on the field work.If they need to draft accountants on the other hand...
30957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 7/4/17
Not American but if i was i wouldn't fight in a war even if drafted.

You guys do you but forcing people to fight is fucked.
21780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

serifsansserif wrote:


gvblackmoon wrote:


serifsansserif wrote:

Never was enlisted, and too old.. :)

I'm not suited to the military anyhow. Never was.


Actually the cut off is 45 though the traditional norm is 26. But if it really is in the shit they will take you wither you want to or not. Me I severed and signed up the day after i hit 18 back in the day. It is the duty of every male citizen of age to sign up for the draft, if you don't expect a visit from your local sheriff since it is their job to enforce it.

Funny how people apposed to their government consider themselves patriots last time I checked you sort of had to be for the system to be considered on.


Ehhhhhhhh.. so I guess I got another 10 years to worry about the draft.......

Nevertheless, I really really doubt they want me... I don't consider my personality the most stable for on the field work.If they need to draft accountants on the other hand...


You can type they need clerks as well. Be amazed at how that works.
21780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Between yesterday...
Offline
Posted 7/4/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Not American but if i was i wouldn't fight in a war even if drafted.

You guys do you but forcing people to fight is fucked.


It heralds back to the way militias actually worked you are a citizen of the country between age x and age y you are required to serve if the need arises. The levy or draft is what is used to fill the role of the militia which is sworn to the state at no time is it not sworn to the state that would be a mob.

If you look up the laws regulating militias in each state some don't have them anymore, Washington still does if you are between 18 and 45 you can be called up to serve in the militia if we are invaded by a foreign power this means Canada or Mexico or Russia kids not the federal government since that is what the militia would be sworn to defend. Which is why I asked folks if you think you are a patriot if you are against he government then you aren't a patriot since to be one you have to go along with your system of government.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.