First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Aho Girl Discussion
xxJing 
40332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Duckburg
Online
Posted 7/4/17
I just realized... This is pretty much the same as


Just only the Hana and Daisuke part.
12183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 7/4/17 , edited 7/4/17
A decently funny first episode. Looks like we're going to be getting a violent male character this time around instead of the usual girl-beating-up-guy thing and, while I don't condone talking with your fists/abuse in real life, it is kinda a nice change of pace. I did find Yoshiko's banana fetish and the jokes that went along with it, boring after it was mentioned a few times.

I think the funniest part, for me, was the interaction between Akuru and Yoshiko's mother, especially the last bit of their conversation. I am also looking forward to the class rep getting more screen time, I think most of the ;laugh out loud; moments for me will be triggered by her. Anyway, good first episode. Short and sweet.
346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/17
I...don't know what to make of this one, honestly. It's funny? But Yoshiko's schtick can only be carried so far before it gets tiresome, the banana thing already got old four minutes in, and A-kun is a complete and total asshole by anyone's definition. On the fence here.

Oh, and Sayaka is Fluttershy's long-lost moeblob twin sister. Seriously.
574 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 7/5/17
Its really good just watched it awhile ago. and honestly i enjoyed the banana

And, its really sugoi desu
229235 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/5/17
Been reading the manga for this series awhile ago so I was prepared for the series.

The OP song felt lazily animated tbh. I wish they put more effort into that.
A big point of this show is selling the comedy and I'm not feeling it too much. Yoshiko borderlines more into annoying rather than cute. I like that Sayaka girl though, she's cute.

Those banana jokes....What?

31054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 7/5/17
Never really read the manga, although I'm a fan of the author, so I decided to watch cause I am a fan of the author. Was pleasantly surprised on how funny it actually is, so I'll stick around.
16935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/5/17

Yamstarch wrote:

I can attest to boob grabbing. Especially in JHS.

Also, dont get me started on the boys. If they can grab it.or shove a finger, hand, etc. in it, they're going to.

They have these things called "grab piles" and not even teachers are safe. If they want to touch/grab something they will.

At my school yesterday I was tackled by five 12 year old girls and tickled pretty much everywhere. It's just not taboo to be touchy-feely here unless the situation were reversed and I did it to a student.


You're a teacher over there Yamstarch? Cool, are you originally from the US?
19421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 7/5/17

kkmenchi wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

I can attest to boob grabbing. Especially in JHS.

Also, dont get me started on the boys. If they can grab it.or shove a finger, hand, etc. in it, they're going to.

They have these things called "grab piles" and not even teachers are safe. If they want to touch/grab something they will.

At my school yesterday I was tackled by five 12 year old girls and tickled pretty much everywhere. It's just not taboo to be touchy-feely here unless the situation were reversed and I did it to a student.


You're a teacher over there Yamstarch? Cool, are you originally from the US?


Yeah. from Va.
37610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 7/5/17
And this is how you make comedy. Anime of the season right here. No need to watch anything else.
17813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 7/6/17
Akkun needs to give Yoshiko some goddamn meds, man


Also, this series actually went there with skid marks and shit



I need something stupid to watch this season so...I"m in
16935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/6/17

Yamstarch wrote:


kkmenchi wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

I can attest to boob grabbing. Especially in JHS.

Also, dont get me started on the boys. If they can grab it.or shove a finger, hand, etc. in it, they're going to.

They have these things called "grab piles" and not even teachers are safe. If they want to touch/grab something they will.

At my school yesterday I was tackled by five 12 year old girls and tickled pretty much everywhere. It's just not taboo to be touchy-feely here unless the situation were reversed and I did it to a student.


You're a teacher over there Yamstarch? Cool, are you originally from the US?


Yeah. from Va.


Ahh so what are you on one of those English language teaching job things?
3155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/6/17 , edited 7/6/17
This one's right up my alley but I see 2 critical flaws already:
1. Awkward pauses between scenes.
2. Plot feels too forced.

For #1 the 4 panel manga style the show has leaves that awkward silence in between jokes where you probably hear yourself laughing. It can really some of the great jokes but overall I feel like they just have bad timing with the 'end scene' cards. Compare this to Nozaki-kun anime. The lack of timing that perfect punch line is sorely missing, they do have some great lines and skits though.

For #2 there's so many little things that don't make sense like how the Yoshiko ends up in the same class as MC kun despite his grades. Maybe he's being a little tsun but at least acknowledge she has some looks. It would be nice to see some seriousness from either character as this honestly seems like the type of show that can pull on your heart strings unexpectedly being the lovable dork that she is.

There's definitely room for improvement. Will have to see how the entire cast comes together, if they can bring together an interesting group it might work out better. I'll say that many people are giving Yoshiko a bad reputation just based on her annoying personality. I think the VA fits perfectly and has some great diversity in comedic delivery. I do feel like you have to accept that she's just an annoying girl or you may not like the show. As for the rest of the cast, it's still only the 1st episode. Definitely will keep going for this one. I didn't notice the 15 min length until the end, can't tell if this hurts or helps the show.
19421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 7/6/17 , edited 7/7/17

kkmenchi wrote:

Ahh so what are you on one of those English language teaching job things?


Yeah. I travel between 6 school teaching 3-15 year olds.

In the 3-11 (K-6th) year old range I teach the entire lesson each class. In the 12-15 (JHS) range I work as an assistant and co-teach with a Japanese Teacher of English... Or JTE for short.

Its pretty rewarding. I love kids. Just today I'm pretty sure I walked about two miles and carried over 800 pounds of child giving piggy back rides.

59348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 7/7/17
*deadpan*

If she didn't have a Japanese name, I'd say this is a series about a typical American teenager in Japan.
16935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/7/17

Yamstarch wrote:


kkmenchi wrote:

Ahh so what are you on one of those English language teaching job things?


Yeah. I travel between 6 school teaching 3-15 year olds.

In the 3-11 (K-6th) year old range I teach the entire lesson each class. In the 12-15 (JHS) range I work as an assistant and co-teach with a Japanese Teacher of English... Or JTE for short.

Its pretty rewarding. I love kids. Just today I'm pretty sure I walked about two miles and carried over 800 pounds of child giving piggy back rides.



Sounds great, wish I had don't something like that.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.