First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Hobby Lobby
22819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17
15163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17
Where does it say they were funding ISIS? All I saw was that they illegally traded in historical artifacts.

For that matter, where does it say their CEO is "ultra right wing religious?" All I saw was the president saying he likes the Bible and, well, my guess is Christian socialists do too.
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17
1. A lot of these artifacts are raided by Daesh to auction u
Off
2. He's the one who started those religious freedom laws
22819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17

gghadur77 wrote:

Where does it say they were funding ISIS? All I saw was that they illegally traded in historical artifacts.

For that matter, where does it say their CEO is "ultra right wing religious?" All I saw was the president saying he likes the Bible and, well, my guess is Christian socialists do too.


Yeah I am sure you're right. But,,,,
http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07/05/justice-department-just-sued-hobby-lobby-smuggling-iraqi-artifacts-stolen-terrorists/
15163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17

uncletim wrote:


gghadur77 wrote:

Where does it say they were funding ISIS? All I saw was that they illegally traded in historical artifacts.

For that matter, where does it say their CEO is "ultra right wing religious?" All I saw was the president saying he likes the Bible and, well, my guess is Christian socialists do too.


Yeah I am sure you're right. But,,,,
http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/07/05/justice-department-just-sued-hobby-lobby-smuggling-iraqi-artifacts-stolen-terrorists/


What are you sure I'm right about?

Also, I'd find more credible a source that doesn't go out of its' way to insult the subject of its' reporting in the first sentence. It leaves me unable to tell whether they don't like the organization because they investigated it thoroughly or whether they failed to investigate it thoroughly because they don't like it. Since it's about politics, the fact that an ultra left wing person (I'm not saying the person who wrote that is, I'm saying I have no idea) might view even a moderate rightist as highly right-wing is also an issue.
23182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/7/17
It's a real shame to see all these ancient artifacts destroyed... The older religions were far better than the new religion in the middle east.
15163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17

Rujikin wrote:

It's a real shame to see all these ancient artifacts destroyed... The older religions were far better than the new religion in the middle east.


What's your problem with the Baha'i faith, exactly? Or are you referring to something even newer?
23182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17

gghadur77 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

It's a real shame to see all these ancient artifacts destroyed... The older religions were far better than the new religion in the middle east.


What's your problem with the Baha'i faith, exactly? Or are you referring to something even newer?


Haha wow I haven't even heard of that one.
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/7/17

Rujikin wrote:

It's a real shame to see all these ancient artifacts destroyed... The older religions were far better than the new religion in the middle east.


Question do you wake up and say good morning, Deus Vult.
I'm starting to think you hate Muslims
23182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17

Kefkapwnsall wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

It's a real shame to see all these ancient artifacts destroyed... The older religions were far better than the new religion in the middle east.


Question do you wake up and say good morning, Deus Vult.
I'm starting to think you hate Muslims


No I wake up then eat my toast with a side of Deus Vult!!!

48637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 7/5/17 , edited 7/6/17

gghadur77 wrote:

Where does it say they were funding ISIS? All I saw was that they illegally traded in historical artifacts.

For that matter, where does it say their CEO is "ultra right wing religious?" All I saw was the president saying he likes the Bible and, well, my guess is Christian socialists do too.


http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/10/hobby-lobby-ceo-antiquities-terrorism

This is the original article I remember from a while back. When they were making these purchases (2010-2015ish?)the sites that all of these artifacts came from were under ISIS or Al Qaeda control. These organizations have been known to sell artifacts as a means to get their funding. Put two and two together and you will come to the conclusion that they basically had to be purchasing them (unknowingly) from a terrorist organization. That's what the government did when they confiscated the first shipment, and the results of which we see today as this is all back in the news.

As far as the CEO and family being ultra right religious nutters, well, look up Steve Green and his family and the results will speak for themselves.
299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Underworld
Offline
Posted 7/6/17 , edited 7/6/17
runec 
39464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/6/17 , edited 7/6/17
The Deus Vult thing is......questionable at best.



Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/6/17 , edited 7/6/17
So this means they were funding ISIS right?
1276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Haymarket, VA
Offline
Posted 7/6/17 , edited 7/6/17
Wow, that explains everything.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.