First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Using Public Wi-Fi
27035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Washington State
Offline
Posted 7/7/17 , edited 7/8/17
Just take some precautions such as VPN, all security updates installed for your system/apps/plugins, make sure your firewall is activated and locked down, install and make sure you have up-to-date virus/endpoint/malware protection and be smart about which public WiFi you use. Don't just connect to whatever is out there. Coffee shop Wifi that you recognize - yes, just picking one out of a list that you dont recognize - no.

iOS is less (not failsafe but less) susceptible to hacking (compared to OSX and Windows) because it is so tightly locked down by Apple. I cant say for Android as I dont follow it much. All bets are off for jail broken devices of any make.

Yes connect via HTTPS but really that is only protecting the communications between you and the website and not the system itself. Plus dont forget about other network communications like email and messaging. That is why VPN is important because it encrypts all communication. But as a safegaurd make sure you connect to your mail provider using an encrypted link.

Under no circumstances would I connect a personal device to a network in high risk countries such as China and Russia. Use a burner device in that case.
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/8/17 , edited 7/9/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

Network discovery and "File and Printer Sharing" only really prevents you from giving unfetted access to your computer while on a network. This doesn't prevent data from being transmitted from applications you have running (some sites send your username/password in plain text and this data can be sniffed out). Or you can be connected to a pineapple, where all of the data (incoming and outgoing) can be saved on the pineapple access point itself or through an SD card/external hard drive.

A laptop will be using applications that are more transparent about your method of connection/communication. Chrome will tell you if a page is secure or not. On a mobile, apps don't necessarily tell you if they're broadcasting through a secure socket layer (SSL) or HTTPS (secured webpage) or otherwise. On a laptop, even when you're opening an inline browser, these features are still there in some fashion or another.

Something like that. For me, I change phones out fairly frequently. I probably go through 4-5 different phones per year (and that's how it's been since 2006 or so). Updates were something I wasn't ever really too worried about. I'd either root and upgrade myself (through various custom ROMs or just switching to a more updated device).


I can't find it on my current OS at the moment but the previous OS will give you the option of what you can share/access via public wi-fi (pictures, videos, etc.. ) Account security is important. I think some bank will FORCE you to change your password at least every 6 months.

Am i reading this right ? 4-5 different phones per year? Are you the accountant ? He's also a gifted mathematician.

Google stopped providing security update for my phone as of April 2017, i guess it's time to upgrade this 1 1/2 year old phone ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Accountant_(2016_film)
1888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Shanghai China
Offline
Posted 7/8/17 , edited 7/9/17
I use it on the shanghai metro but most stuff is blocked that I use like BBC CNN and now because of trump and the protests in the us its been getting more and more difficult to get a vpn that works. As a result I have been using the internet less and less as a result. The plus side is I am saving a lot of money by not renewing my crunchroll account my amazon prime account and Netflix after awhile it easily adds up.
Posted 7/9/17 , edited 7/9/17

dulun18 wrote:
I can't find it on my current OS at the moment but the previous OS will give you the option of what you can share/access via public wi-fi (pictures, videos, etc.. ) Account security is important. I think some bank will FORCE you to change your password at least every 6 months.


On an older version of Windows 10 there used to be a feature called "WiFi Sense" that would give you the option of sharing your wifi password (as well as some of your folders/files). They've disabled/removed this feature due to security concerns that customers had. As for passwords, I try to change mine once a month.


dulun18 wrote:
Am i reading this right ? 4-5 different phones per year? Are you the accountant ? He's also a gifted mathematician.


What's funny is when my girlfriend and I watched "The Accountant" - she actually said, "He reminds me of a version of you with autism." I always have spreadsheets, equations, and even a glass "white board" for calculations. As for the phones, it's a combination of having work phones (they allow me to upgrade whenever I want) and having T-Mobile that allows me to upgrade 4 times within a year (12 month period). Before this job and T-Mobile, I made sure to be on the latest and greatest just out of curiosity as to how technology was progressing in the mobile realm.


x7610 wrote:

being afraid of something like this is like being too afraid to go outside because you might get assaulted or whatever. if you don't have to, don't, but i wouldn't ever worry about it myself


Not really. It's more so that when you know how much data is being transmitted from your device at any given moment, how easy it is to capture data on wireless networks, and what all can be done with that information - you decide to be proactive and protect yourself. It's like having unprotected sex with strangers; there isn't a significantly high chance of you getting an STD - but why risk it? Wrap it up.


serifsansserif wrote:
OOOOOOOH Scary hackers.. Sure it COULD happen but doubtful. God, the commuters to and from NYC and NJ that would have their computers out and working on business in the mids of public wifi in places like bus terminals, coffee shops, etc. Don't let the paranoia get the best of you. Besides, even if you WERE hacked, there's soooooooooooooo many security measures to help fight against it. Plus, reporting identity theft is stupidly simple and rarely even gets questioned.


Well, maybe. Most people who commute in NYC and NJ aren't bothering with connecting to the free WiFi on the subway. They're working on various things like proposals, documents, and the likes without connectivity to the internet. Those that are, generally are connecting via VPN to their company's network (which most have said - a VPN is smart in any case). VPNs will encrypt data before it even hits the wireless network and makes it more difficult to gather any useful information.

Identify theft is incredibly easy to get away with. If you learn enough about a person, you just have to stay within their area of movement (purchases from the same store, same town, same areas). Most identify thiefs in large cities will focus on small purchases within the same area to ensure that it's more difficult for the victim to claim identify theft. Banks aren't trigger-happy about giving you the money back if it looks like it's on par with your normal activity. If your debit/credit card magically goes out and buys a $6,000 television - sure. If your credit/debit card magically spent $26.79 at the 7-Eleven on York Ave that you happen to make random purchases at anyways, it'll be more difficult to prove fraud.

This is the difference between a foolish person and an intelligent person. Facebook would really only be for data-collection. That's what session hijacking is used for (stealing your cookie which is shown thrown packets that are sent from your wifi, then use the same cookie to access your account). This is more difficult since Facebook switched to "HTTPS" by default because of all of the session hijacking tools that ended up being published (there was even a Chrome/Firefox plugin that would just let you switch to someone's FB account who was on the same network as you).

Point is: I think you're giving too much credit to banks and too little credit to technology. Not to say that you need to run around with a tinfoil hat on and praise Xenu. More so that there's nothing wrong with being cautious with your information. As I've said once before in this post: "It's like having unprotected sex with strangers; there isn't a significantly high chance of you getting an STD - but why risk it? Wrap it up." Then you won't get any surprises in 2-8 weeks (STD or pregnancy).
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/9/17 , edited 7/9/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

On an older version of Windows 10 there used to be a feature called "WiFi Sense" that would give you the option of sharing your wifi password (as well as some of your folders/files). They've disabled/removed this feature due to security concerns that customers had. As for passwords, I try to change mine once a month.

What's funny is when my girlfriend and I watched "The Accountant" - she actually said, "He reminds me of a version of you with autism." I always have spreadsheets, equations, and even a glass "white board" for calculations. As for the phones, it's a combination of having work phones (they allow me to upgrade whenever I want) and having T-Mobile that allows me to upgrade 4 times within a year (12 month period). Before this job and T-Mobile, I made sure to be on the latest and greatest just out of curiosity as to how technology was progressing in the mobile realm.



Did you watch the movie because i mentioned it ? It's a movie though. The part where he's helping the elderly couple filing tax-- it's gold for me! only contractors will get the true meaning of it !

They will release a new phone every year so what do you do with 4 upgrades a year ? you are switching brand every 4 months pretty much ? If that's the case i guess you can start those phone review YouTube channel!!

btw.. do you have T-mobile Tuesdays?

it's an app for your phone and you will get free stuff for each line every Tuesday (for T-mobile customers) .
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmobile.tuesdays

They are giving out $4 ticket code for each line for War for the Planet of Apes. Are you going ?

I'll give the unwanted codes to someone else but i like movie tickets so will be at the local theater to watch it ($16 ticket (tax included) for $4 is a good deal.)
31555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 7/9/17 , edited 7/9/17
when at kaiser anywhere else... maybe. yeah its stupid of me and shouldn't do it but often times I don't!
11316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/17 , edited 7/10/17

ninjitsuko wrote:
quote]serifsansserif wrote:
OOOOOOOH Scary hackers.. Sure it COULD happen but doubtful. God, the commuters to and from NYC and NJ that would have their computers out and working on business in the mids of public wifi in places like bus terminals, coffee shops, etc. Don't let the paranoia get the best of you. Besides, even if you WERE hacked, there's soooooooooooooo many security measures to help fight against it. Plus, reporting identity theft is stupidly simple and rarely even gets questioned.


Well, maybe. Most people who commute in NYC and NJ aren't bothering with connecting to the free WiFi on the subway. They're working on various things like proposals, documents, and the likes without connectivity to the internet. Those that are, generally are connecting via VPN to their company's network (which most have said - a VPN is smart in any case). VPNs will encrypt data before it even hits the wireless network and makes it more difficult to gather any useful information.

Identify theft is incredibly easy to get away with. If you learn enough about a person, you just have to stay within their area of movement (purchases from the same store, same town, same areas). Most identify thiefs in large cities will focus on small purchases within the same area to ensure that it's more difficult for the victim to claim identify theft. Banks aren't trigger-happy about giving you the money back if it looks like it's on par with your normal activity. If your debit/credit card magically goes out and buys a $6,000 television - sure. If your credit/debit card magically spent $26.79 at the 7-Eleven on York Ave that you happen to make random purchases at anyways, it'll be more difficult to prove fraud.

This is the difference between a foolish person and an intelligent person. Facebook would really only be for data-collection. That's what session hijacking is used for (stealing your cookie which is shown thrown packets that are sent from your wifi, then use the same cookie to access your account). This is more difficult since Facebook switched to "HTTPS" by default because of all of the session hijacking tools that ended up being published (there was even a Chrome/Firefox plugin that would just let you switch to someone's FB account who was on the same network as you).

Point is: I think you're giving too much credit to banks and too little credit to technology. Not to say that you need to run around with a tinfoil hat on and praise Xenu. More so that there's nothing wrong with being cautious with your information. As I've said once before in this post: "It's like having unprotected sex with strangers; there isn't a significantly high chance of you getting an STD - but why risk it? Wrap it up." Then you won't get any surprises in 2-8 weeks (STD or pregnancy).

Not really. Plenty of screens to peek across the isle and see, and plenty of emails open balancing between facebook and reports, etc....

I may be a bit hyperbolic in my reaction, but it feels often like the tinfoil hat crowd is out there. I also tend to believe that for as much as people talk about how they browse safely, they don't. And GENERALLY, there isn't a huge problem. A lot of companies who deal with personal info are often subject to hacking, and, because of people's generally bad habits browsing, (and mine aren't completely without abandon), they often instill some pretty decent safeguards for their own sake. (it still doesn't cover you completely).

Most free wifi these days often is protected to some degree and requires either a login or a screen agreeing to the TOS or you simply cannot browse.

Beyond that....The net itself isn't foolproof or safe. I get a little more touchy about security because, unfortunately, I find people who worry about security also have too much faith in their security, and probably fail to some of the simplest low or no tech ways of getting info.

As for your example of following someone and shopping at their locations... Ehhhhhhhhh... There's a problem with that. And that's laziness on the hacker's side. More often than not it's probably easier to make a quick grab and get out than play a slow game and pick little purchases here and there. I'd say though identity theft may be an everyday occurence it's not a large number of people falling victim to it every day, and, your example of a hacker is not at all the more common variety.
4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/9/17 , edited 7/10/17

gsm642 wrote:

I use it on the shanghai metro but most stuff is blocked that I use like BBC CNN and now because of trump and the protests in the us its been getting more and more difficult to get a vpn that works. As a result I have been using the internet less and less as a result. The plus side is I am saving a lot of money by not renewing my crunchroll account my amazon prime account and Netflix after awhile it easily adds up.



so what news or entertainment sites can you access in china ? I heard they also banned quite a few anime series as well right ?
1888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Shanghai China
Offline
Posted 7/9/17 , edited 7/10/17
Not much I am happy to work Xbox live works probably because of Microsoft shanghai. Other than that all everything else is blocked I had some difficulties with PSN and I sent my ps4 back to my parents house in the USA for long term storage. I pretty much have become a full fledge pirate like I was back in the 90s in high school during the warez days simply because I have no choice. Its very frusting to get legit content here in china everything is either blocked or banned so if you want to say watch something like DR who you got no choice but to go to the pirate bay. I am expecting sites like crunchyroll to get banned at some point if things get worse because of north korea. I am probably going to have to pirate game of thrones season 7 if I am going to watch that I am pretty sure that's banned here simply because of how popular it is. For news only local media news works now stuff like the la times and king5.com I don't know for how much longer. It feels like the usa is becoming more and more isolated from the rest of the world because of trump which sucks for the tourism industry.



AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


gsm642 wrote:

I use it on the shanghai metro but most stuff is blocked that I use like BBC CNN and now because of trump and the protests in the us its been getting more and more difficult to get a vpn that works. As a result I have been using the internet less and less as a result. The plus side is I am saving a lot of money by not renewing my crunchroll account my amazon prime account and Netflix after awhile it easily adds up.



so what news or entertainment sites can you access in china ? I heard they also banned quite a few anime series as well right ?


4516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/9/17 , edited 7/10/17

gsm642 wrote:

Not much I am happy to work Xbox live works probably because of Microsoft shanghai. Other than that all everything else is blocked I had some difficulties with PSN and I sent my ps4 back to my parents house in the USA for long term storage. I pretty much have become a full fledge pirate like I was back in the 90s in high school during the warez days simply because I have no choice. Its very frusting to get legit content here in china everything is either blocked or banned so if you want to say watch something like DR who you got no choice but to go to the pirate bay. I am expecting sites like crunchyroll to get banned at some point if things get worse because of north korea. I am probably going to have to pirate game of thrones season 7 if I am going to watch that I am pretty sure that's banned here simply because of how popular it is. For news only local media news works now stuff like the la times and king5.com I don't know for how much longer. It feels like the usa is becoming more and more isolated from the rest of the world because of trump which sucks for the tourism industry.





China has been like that for a long time now. China and Vietnam like to censor what their citizens can access via the net. It's nothing new.

I'm sure you can find LEGAL materials in those countries but only if you are willing to pay an arm and a leg for them, so the only choice is piracy. This is why people are selling pirated products in broad daylight and no one will say anything.

5949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 7/10/17 , edited 7/10/17
Unlimited wifi is not cool. You know what's cool? Unlimited wireless battery. Talk to cell phone all day all day all day, wireless gadgets. Well the Tesla had an idea, people are harnessing radio wave, but even then it could fail from bad reception. But fear not, we got bad reception anyway, or why not wireless power? As long as it's not health hazardous
Posted 7/10/17 , edited 7/10/17

dulun18 wrote:
Did you watch the movie because i mentioned it ? It's a movie though. The part where he's helping the elderly couple filing tax-- it's gold for me! only contractors will get the true meaning of it !


Lol. Naw, I think she saw it on HBOGo and we ended up watching it together. She ends up watching most films about mathematicians just to make fun of me (in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way). As for the first bit with the elderly couple filing taxes, it reminded me as to when I had to file 1099s all the time. It did become a game of "find the deduction and business expense" - which made that scene comical and relatable.


dulun18 wrote:
They will release a new phone every year so what do you do with 4 upgrades a year ? you are switching brand every 4 months pretty much ? If that's the case i guess you can start those phone review YouTube channel!!


I've stopped upgrading to every single phone that's released. It became annoying switching between different models and ROMs. In the first few years of Android, it was pretty interesting to see how LG, Samsung, Motorola, Apple, HTC, and all the Chinese/Korean manufacturers would try to "one-up" the competition. Nowadays, I tend to just stick to the "heavy hitters" (Apple, Google, Samsung, and LG). Although, I must say - the Samsung Galaxy S8+ has me head-over-heels for it (it's strange for me to have a phone from the day of release (April 21st?) and haven't updated since).


dulun18 wrote:
btw.. do you have T-mobile Tuesdays?


I use it, it's pretty handy sometimes. I don't normally capitalize on the movie tickets, as it doesn't cover the cost to the cinemas that I go to (I prefer to go to ones that stop admitting children after 6 pm - I'm a Scrooge/old-man like that). But, I am a sucker for their delivery-based free stuff (like Papa John's last week, or the $0.99 sundae).


serifsansserif wrote:
I may be a bit hyperbolic in my reaction, but it feels often like the tinfoil hat crowd is out there. I also tend to believe that for as much as people talk about how they browse safely, they don't. And GENERALLY, there isn't a huge problem.


There is the tinfoil crowd out there in the world when it comes to cyber security. As you've mentioned: The Internet itself isn't safe. Companies are prone to breaches, poor security on their end, and there's really not much the end-user can do about this (other than to check for breaches and change their passwords from time to time). I do understand your point, in the sense that there's a minute chance of anything drastic happening to the "average Joe" or the typical dude listening to Spotify while riding the Metro. The world isn't like "Mr. Robot" or "Hackers" where someone can magically access your entire life just because you're not watching what you're doing.

I may come off as the "tinfoil type" because I advocate protecting yourself against such vulnerabilities. Public WiFi is a thing for me because I used to be one of those assholes sniffing out data, jumping onto people's Facebooks for information through session hacking, and finding out just how much information I can get without causing any damage to the individual in a financial or personal way. Not everyone that gets into that hobby stays in the "curiosity" realm and will proceed to "abusing" that knowledge/skill.

In the end, there are various ways of obtaining information. As you mentioned, people with their laptops open, emails exposed, are just as likely as someone getting information the "old-fashioned way" (with their eyes) as someone sniffing out that data. Login pages and the likes don't necessarily mean that the network is any more secure than if it weren't there. It just means that if you were to set up a pineapple (fake network), you'd also have to mimic that page to ensure that the experience didn't set off any red flags. It just means that it raises the bar for skill/knowledge just a smidge, over the "run of the mill kid who spent $50 on a pineapple connected to a portable battery".

I basically advocate being aware as to what could happen and try to prevent these scenarios from occurring. Sure, if you're in middle of Bumfuck, Idaho and you connect to a McDonald's wifi since you don't have data service on your mobile - the chance of some "1337 h4x0r" stealing your information is pretty minute. But if you have your mobile configure to auto-connect to any Spectrum (TWC) or Comcast "free wifi" - it's a bit easier to trick your phone into connecting to an unsafe network. Prevention is just a smart thing to focus on, to a comfortable degree. As they used to say on G.I. Joe: "Knowledge is Power!" (or whatever tacky phrase you want to insert here). Do as you want to do, I'm not telling you that you should live in fear - just offering insight on how to add preventative measures or to be a little more cautious about connecting to that public wifi that you're not too sure where the source of it is.
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/11/17 , edited 7/11/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

Lol. Naw, I think she saw it on HBOGo and we ended up watching it together. She ends up watching most films about mathematicians just to make fun of me (in a tongue-in-cheek kind of way). As for the first bit with the elderly couple filing taxes, it reminded me as to when I had to file 1099s all the time. It did become a game of "find the deduction and business expense" - which made that scene comical and relatable.

I've stopped upgrading to every single phone that's released. It became annoying switching between different models and ROMs. In the first few years of Android, it was pretty interesting to see how LG, Samsung, Motorola, Apple, HTC, and all the Chinese/Korean manufacturers would try to "one-up" the competition. Nowadays, I tend to just stick to the "heavy hitters" (Apple, Google, Samsung, and LG). Although, I must say - the Samsung Galaxy S8+ has me head-over-heels for it (it's strange for me to have a phone from the day of release (April 21st?) and haven't updated since).

I use it, it's pretty handy sometimes. I don't normally capitalize on the movie tickets, as it doesn't cover the cost to the cinemas that I go to (I prefer to go to ones that stop admitting children after 6 pm - I'm a Scrooge/old-man like that). But, I am a sucker for their delivery-based free stuff (like Papa John's last week, or the $0.99 sundae).


We contractors have to pay more income tax for medicare and social security.

My nexus 6 is a 5.96" but i think the Galaxy S8+ is 6.2" ? Phablets are making a comeback!

Smartphones are convenience but laptops are still the preferred choice for me. It's a faster and easier to browse the web with a laptop vs cellphones.

I only use Papa John when they have 50% of ANY size pizza. There are theaters that will not allow kids after 6pm ? I didn't know that. AMC? Harkins?
Posted 7/11/17 , edited 7/11/17

dulun18 wrote:
We contractors have to pay more income tax for medicare and social security.

My nexus 6 is a 5.96" but i think the Galaxy S8+ is 6.2" ? Phablets are making a comeback!


Yeah, uh... about that Nexus 6.



When it comes down to Nexus 6 to S8+, the S8+ feels nicer and isn't as "fat" (wide). Both are good phones. I have a Pixel and iPhone 7P that I keep on me when I'm out of the country for business.

Thankfully, I stopped having to file 1099 forms (as a contractor) and became a full-time employee after some time (this was years ago). Even some of the jobs I do outside of my "mainstay" are technically full employee status, just that I don't work 40 hours or more (despite being salaried on one and "contractor" status on the other - where I'm only paid for the hours I'm in the office).


dulun18 wrote:
Smartphones are convenience but laptops are still the preferred choice for me. It's a faster and easier to browse the web with a laptop vs cellphones.

I only use Papa John when they have 50% of ANY size pizza. There are theaters that will not allow kids after 6pm ? I didn't know that. AMC? Harkins?


Laptops are fine, it's just finding the right balance between "laptop" and "portability" with functionality. I'm using a Chromebook Pixel 2 for travel. It's small, portable, and gives me access to all of the things that I require. I also have a Lenovo Yoga 900S for when I know I'm going to be focused on installation/troubleshooting of a customer's system. It's usually one or the other that comes with me.

But since I'm on-call 24/7/365 phablets like the N6 and S8+ have kept me alive with a small Bluetooth keyboard in those "urgent fix required" periods. That, or my iPad Pro (that has a keyboard case).

As for the theaters, it's usually things like Cinebistro or "Cinebowl & Grill" theaters that have restrictions on children after 6 PM. Mostly because us adults will be watching a film while having a drink or two (or some get a whole bottle of wine). For example, watched "Spider-Man: Homecoming" at a 9 PM showing on Sunday - not a peep. Why? No kids. Absolutely none. Nobody under 18 after 6 PM. It's heavenly and makes the $14-16 per ticket worth it (especially when I watch one of my nerdy films that kids will commonly go to).
3871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/11/17 , edited 7/11/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

When it comes down to Nexus 6 to S8+, the S8+ feels nicer and isn't as "fat" (wide). Both are good phones. I have a Pixel and iPhone 7P that I keep on me when I'm out of the country for business.

Thankfully, I stopped having to file 1099 forms (as a contractor) and became a full-time employee after some time (this was years ago). Even some of the jobs I do outside of my "mainstay" are technically full employee status, just that I don't work 40 hours or more (despite being salaried on one and "contractor" status on the other - where I'm only paid for the hours I'm in the office).

Laptops are fine, it's just finding the right balance between "laptop" and "portability" with functionality. I'm using a Chromebook Pixel 2 for travel. It's small, portable, and gives me access to all of the things that I require. I also have a Lenovo Yoga 900S for when I know I'm going to be focused on installation/troubleshooting of a customer's system. It's usually one or the other that comes with me.

But since I'm on-call 24/7/365 phablets like the N6 and S8+ have kept me alive with a small Bluetooth keyboard in those "urgent fix required" periods. That, or my iPad Pro (that has a keyboard case).

As for the theaters, it's usually things like Cinebistro or "Cinebowl & Grill" theaters that have restrictions on children after 6 PM. Mostly because us adults will be watching a film while having a drink or two (or some get a whole bottle of wine). For example, watched "Spider-Man: Homecoming" at a 9 PM showing on Sunday - not a peep. Why? No kids. Absolutely none. Nobody under 18 after 6 PM. It's heavenly and makes the $14-16 per ticket worth it (especially when I watch one of my nerdy films that kids will commonly go to).


I don't like the long screen type of S8+. It's not an ideal format for viewing movie/anime.

You are a full time now ? btw,. is it just me or you are online or on this forums a lot during working hours? slacking off on the job?

Chromebook? Are they the oness with 10" screen :? too small for me. I think Google also released a Pixel tablet ? the keyboard alone is $150 or something ?
https://store.google.com/product/pixel_c

Oh. it's one of these theaters that will allow alcohol ? Do you think that's a good ideal ? I think some AMC theaters here will allow drinks/food while watching the movie.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.