WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply TAX -- The Necessary EVIL ??
14538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/17

Kelgair wrote:

Since you said "provide" yes, you stuttered quite a bit. XD


The semantic fuckery is real...
19827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/7/17

neotag wrote:

Another Tax thread half full of selfish people saying taxes are evil or stealing or other bullshit. You don't want to pay taxes then there's a country for you Somalia! Small centerilized government with next to no real power it's your Libertarian dream. "Taxes are evil theif" people are the most entitled people in our great country. You want all the benifits of being part of a 1st world Society but you don't want to pay for any of it.

Oh and Btw Taxes have been too low for the top percentile for a long time now. After the 07-08 crash even Reagen economic advistors the people behind trickle down admited any tax rate on the top percentile under 50% does not show any postive results. Every time they cut taxes on the top you pay for it ether with more fees, fines, and other creative taxes on the middle class and working poor. Reagen alone to avoid a mini recession his income tax cut started to cause raised taxes 11 times on the middle and working poor to shore up the economy. Tax cuts don't work anymore we have cut to the point that the rich are just stockpileing wealth. Only demand creates jobs.


>.> No one thinks Somalia is a good example. it's a common place people who are ignorant look too to prove both their bigotry and ignorance.

The following paragraph is so full of idiocy I don't know where to begin. Hell, it's the same shit I saw back in 2009. Update your talking points at least. The Somali one definitively isn't accurate today. XD
19827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/7/17

sundin13 wrote:


Kelgair wrote:

Since you said "provide" yes, you stuttered quite a bit. XD


The semantic fuckery is real...


Not really semantic since he kept saying "provide". He just didn't like that I called him out.
694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/7/17

Kelgair wrote:


neotag wrote:

Another Tax thread half full of selfish people saying taxes are evil or stealing or other bullshit. You don't want to pay taxes then there's a country for you Somalia! Small centerilized government with next to no real power it's your Libertarian dream. "Taxes are evil theif" people are the most entitled people in our great country. You want all the benifits of being part of a 1st world Society but you don't want to pay for any of it.

Oh and Btw Taxes have been too low for the top percentile for a long time now. After the 07-08 crash even Reagen economic advistors the people behind trickle down admited any tax rate on the top percentile under 50% does not show any postive results. Every time they cut taxes on the top you pay for it ether with more fees, fines, and other creative taxes on the middle class and working poor. Reagen alone to avoid a mini recession his income tax cut started to cause raised taxes 11 times on the middle and working poor to shore up the economy. Tax cuts don't work anymore we have cut to the point that the rich are just stockpileing wealth. Only demand creates jobs.


>.> No one thinks Somalia is a good example. it's a common place people who are ignorant look too to prove both their bigotry and ignorance.

The following paragraph is so full of idiocy I don't know where to begin. Hell, it's the same shit I saw back in 2009. Update your talking points at least. The Somali one definitively isn't accurate today. XD


Kansas republicans just raised taxes in their state last month after years of cutting taxes and cutting services to benefit the 'why should I pay for someone else geniuses'.

Perhaps the circa 1980 trickle-down arguments need revisiting as well.
14538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/17 , edited 7/7/17

Kelgair wrote:

Not really semantic since he kept saying "provide". He just didn't like that I called him out. ;)


It is perfectly clear the point he was trying to get across and there is nothing wrong with him using the word "provide" to get that point across. You are just being needlessly obtuse. I can't even fathom your motive because it is so baffling.
Humms 
11683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 7/7/17
Give a man a fish and he will be full for a day

Teach a man to fish and he will never go hungry

We don't teach people how to properly live anymore, we always throw our money to the ones who feed us the fish. Is it really fish though? Is it 100% fish ? Hmmmm? Is it 100% !?

19827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/7/17

21stCenturyGemini wrote:


Kelgair wrote:


neotag wrote:

Another Tax thread half full of selfish people saying taxes are evil or stealing or other bullshit. You don't want to pay taxes then there's a country for you Somalia! Small centerilized government with next to no real power it's your Libertarian dream. "Taxes are evil theif" people are the most entitled people in our great country. You want all the benifits of being part of a 1st world Society but you don't want to pay for any of it.

Oh and Btw Taxes have been too low for the top percentile for a long time now. After the 07-08 crash even Reagen economic advistors the people behind trickle down admited any tax rate on the top percentile under 50% does not show any postive results. Every time they cut taxes on the top you pay for it ether with more fees, fines, and other creative taxes on the middle class and working poor. Reagen alone to avoid a mini recession his income tax cut started to cause raised taxes 11 times on the middle and working poor to shore up the economy. Tax cuts don't work anymore we have cut to the point that the rich are just stockpileing wealth. Only demand creates jobs.


>.> No one thinks Somalia is a good example. it's a common place people who are ignorant look too to prove both their bigotry and ignorance.

The following paragraph is so full of idiocy I don't know where to begin. Hell, it's the same shit I saw back in 2009. Update your talking points at least. The Somali one definitively isn't accurate today. XD


Kansas republicans just raised taxes in their state last month after years of cutting taxes and cutting services to benefit the 'why should I pay for someone else geniuses'.

Perhaps the circa 1980 trickle-down arguments need revisiting as well.


Meh, and I don't agree with their decision in Kansas. That might just be them being on the lower part of the Laffer curve, and if it works out. good. That has little to do with Illinois though. Which ya'll really don't seem to give a shit about. XD
19827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/7/17 , edited 7/7/17

sundin13 wrote:

It is perfectly clear the point he was trying to get across and there is nothing wrong with him using the word "provide" to get that point across. You are just being needlessly obtuse. I can't even fathom your motive because it is so baffling.


Meh, I've got a relative whose trained as a doctor for 10 years, I have a friend who is an EMT. Neither of these people were "provided' by the government.

You're trying to make what he was saying different. "Funding" =/= "Providing". Nothing was goddamn "semantic" with that last discussion.
694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/7/17
EMT use taxpayer funded roads and taxpayer funded GPS via taxpayer funded satellites to even be able to do their jobs.
27850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 7/7/17

Kelgair wrote:



Since you said "provide" yes, you stuttered quite a bit. XD


my bad fam
27850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 7/7/17 , edited 7/7/17

Kelgair wrote:

Meh, I've got a relative whose trained as a doctor for 10 years, I have a friend who is an EMT. Neither of these people were "provided' by the government.

You're trying to make what he was saying different. "Funding" =/= "Providing". Nothing was goddamn "semantic" with that last discussion.


Depends where you live where i live people generally don't pay to use the hospital or anything like that money for that stuff comes from the government to pay their paychecks iirc

19827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/7/17

21stCenturyGemini wrote:

EMT use taxpayer funded roads and taxpayer funded GPS via taxpayer funded satellites to even be able to do their jobs.


Try to keep up man, that's not the issue here. XD
14538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/7/17 , edited 7/7/17

Kelgair wrote:

Meh, I've got a relative whose trained as a doctor for 10 years, I have a friend who is an EMT. Neither of these people were "provided' by the government.

You're trying to make what he was saying different. "Funding" =/= "Providing". Nothing was goddamn "semantic" with that last discussion.


You have an issue with the use of the word "providing" (even though the user specified that they were talking about "providing funds"). I'd say it's fundamentally semantic. Semantics is about the meaning in language. You decided to interpret the wording in a very rigid way without accounting for context. It very much feels like you were trying to invent a problem by getting all up in arms about a perfectly logical word choice.

But I have no stake in this discussion and Ryu doesn't really seem to care, so I really don't have any reason to continue it any longer.
19827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/7/17 , edited 7/7/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Depends where you live where i live people generally don't pay to use the hospital or anything like that money for that stuff comes from the government to pay their paychecks iirc



Where the fuck do you live? I live in Indiana and I got hospital bills every time I or my roomates went to a hospital.
19827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/7/17

sundin13 wrote:


Kelgair wrote:

Meh, I've got a relative whose trained as a doctor for 10 years, I have a friend who is an EMT. Neither of these people were "provided' by the government.

You're trying to make what he was saying different. "Funding" =/= "Providing". Nothing was goddamn "semantic" with that last discussion.


You have an issue with the use of the word "providing" (even though the user specified that they were talking about "providing funds"). I'd say it's fundamentally semantic. Semantics is about the meaning in language. You decided to interpret the wording in a very rigid way without accounting for context. It very much feels like you were trying to invent a problem by getting all up in arms about a perfectly logical word choice.

But I have no stake in this discussion and Ryu doesn't really seem to care, so I really don't have any reason to continue it any longer.


No... no. I'm pretty sure I knew what they ment by provided by the government. And I'm pretty sure that I sitll haven't gotten a good answer yet.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.