First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply We’re losing a whole generation of young men to video games
15166 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / AH / Helipad
Offline
Posted 8/16/17 , edited 8/16/17

RyukoKuroki wrote:

Who gives a fuck.


^^^
7538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / The World That Wa...
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/18/17
The way I see it, if you lose a vegetable that sits completely still all day in the same spot, you're not looking hard enough.
77480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/3/17 , edited 9/5/17
I'm sorry I disagree, I played Final Fantasy 15 with my Bro recently and was blown away. If this is what men are doing these days then YAY!

As for these shitty games like building a civilisation, I hate those although I enjoyed killing Sims as a child.
12195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 9/4/17

Rinnybean wrote:

I'm sorry I disagree, I played Final Fantasy 15 with my Bro recently and was blown away. If this is what men are doing these days then YAY!

As for these shitty games like building a civilisation, I hate those although I enjoyed killing Sims as a child.


Yeah a guy at my work met his wife through FF14.

lol at killing kids in the Sims.

Most dudes i know that are gamers , like hard core gamers play either MMORPG's , MP FPS games or MMO survival games.

It still spins me out how man guys i know that are in relationships that game just as much and more than single guys like myself.
9838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 9/4/17
Can't wait to blow up some cows in Far Cry 5.
77480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 9/4/17

MrAnimeSK wrote:


Rinnybean wrote:

I'm sorry I disagree, I played Final Fantasy 15 with my Bro recently and was blown away. If this is what men are doing these days then YAY!

As for these shitty games like building a civilisation, I hate those although I enjoyed killing Sims as a child.


Yeah a guy at my work met his wife through FF14.

lol at killing kids in the Sims.

Most dudes i know that are gamers , like hard core gamers play either MMORPG's , MP FPS games or MMO survival games.

It still spins me out how man guys i know that are in relationships that game just as much and more than single guys like myself.


Haha it was brilliant fun I felt like a God playing that game. Build them a luxury mansion then burn them alive or take away the swimming pool ladder.
583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 9/4/17
Yeah, it's not a good sign of the times but I believe people will grow out of their addiction to video games and the internet when they realize that the outside world is actually better. Reality is a real life video game where you can achieve the impossible. I try not to see that video games and the internet as a bad thing though. You can learn some good lessons from some good games.

Many people allow technology to run and ruin lives and that is not good.
11027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 9/4/17
Here's your rebuttal:

Both men and women who didn't win the sperm lottery are broke. Right now, you either can 't find a job that pays enough to live or meet the educational/insane experience requirements for entry level position that could lead you to that job. Since you're broke and responsible, whatever pittance you make is going to go the necessities (loans, rent, gas, bus fare, phone, utilities, food, etc.) ; there probably won't be much left afterwards to spend on anything serious or repeated small things. While non-MMORPG video games have a high up-front cost, the replay-ability of some these games basically mean that you play them again and again without having to commit any money to each replay; meaning that four or five games can keep you happy for years on end as opposed to other things that could vary in expense.

But yeah, this is just another "Milllenials are horrible and the world is DOOMED!!!" article that can be ignored.
23260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 9/4/17 , edited 9/4/17


5236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 9/5/17 , edited 9/5/17
I grew up in the 90's playing PlayStation but PlayStation 2 is where i became a gamer. Generally speaking, there are times where i used to play more or less but nowdays, i'd say average amount. I don't regret one moment that i started playing games. Sure i could waste my time on something else but no thanks. I already have enough hobbies, as listed in my profile.
12195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 9/5/17 , edited 9/5/17

Rinnybean wrote:



Haha it was brilliant fun I felt like a God playing that game. Build them a luxury mansion then burn them alive or take away the swimming pool ladder.






VegaStarX1 wrote:

Yeah, it's not a good sign of the times but I believe people will grow out of their addiction to video games and the internet when they realize that the outside world is actually better. Reality is a real life video game where you can achieve the impossible. I try not to see that video games and the internet as a bad thing though. You can learn some good lessons from some good games.

Many people allow technology to run and ruin lives and that is not good.


Hmm yes and no. I think you need balance though. I think i always had a good balance of gaming and social life but a lack of relationship though, certainly long term serious ones.

I dunno guess now iam older you dont really go out and party like i used to so video game and internet and porn addiction is worse now. Less fun stuff to do and less mates and less energy now.

But when you're young you shouldn't just game. As fun as it can be.



2788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / everywhere----now...
Offline
Posted 9/5/17 , edited 9/5/17
Well, im a girl and even I can understand this. I get lost playing games, watching anime, and (though its been a while) don't even get me started on K-dramas. K-dramas suck the life out of me. I started My Love from the Stars during finals week and it killed me my priorities were all messed up. hahaha.

Anyways interacting with people in real life can be a real drag. In games everyone is running towards the same goal (unless you have a troll in your ranks). There is too much drama with real people to me. Lying, stealing, talking behind your back then lying to your face you know the list gos on. And all in all games and the like are a great escape like books are for some like solitude and silence is for others. I say to each their own as long as they don't make game their life and lock themselves in a dungeon and forget about the outside world. etc. etc. thats all I got to say
2788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / everywhere----now...
Offline
Posted 9/5/17 , edited 9/5/17

Rinnybean wrote:

I'm sorry I disagree, I played Final Fantasy 15 with my Bro recently and was blown away. If this is what men are doing these days then YAY!

As for these shitty games like building a civilisation, I hate those although I enjoyed killing Sims as a child.


Same I used to always do the fire place and carpet thing where you can put a carpet under the fire place, fire start and evey one on the carpet gets set on fire. The sims always just let it happen then when the fire starts they all just stare and scream. No one thinks to call the fire department (unless they have the courage trait, they might even put it out themself). Anyways there were tons of ways to terrorize sims and it was all in good fun

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.