First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply In Another World With My Smartphone Discussion
21043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 7/12/17
I can't wait to give a synopsis of this to my friends as a reminder of how insane anime is. This by far takes the cake this season for ridiculous plot.
20799 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 7/12/17
I just came here to see if people are comparing this to Re: Zero
30382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 7/13/17

Potentsaliva wrote:

Ehhhhh the first episode isn't doing it for me tbh. The MC is way too accepting of dying and being sent to a new world. I thought the pacing was really quick. One thing really surprised me though, there isn't an iota of fanservice in the first episode. I'll probably watch the next episode tho.

Also one of the sisters is wearing some type of magical skirt short hybrid, that changes from the skirt shorts to a normal-ish skirt then to shorts.


Would you be accepting i mean i know i would i mean i honestly wouldn't care personally your still alive.

Also it feels fast because when adapting the novel they.....skipped alot of scenes and sped everything up a ton missing important things.
Fanservice isn't in this much if it follows the novel in that regards.

30382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 7/13/17

54bubbles wrote:

Perhaps there's a reason the MC is so OP... Because having everything granted up front leaves the rest of the season with nothing but pleasant strolls, bunny hops and ice cream parlors. How about: *phone drops* *crack* *gate opens* Then the one-way view into MC's previous world turns in on itself and the party is sucked elsewhere for lots of exciting challenges and discovering the "secret" of the world... Yes, just dreaming, but I hope the writers can bless us with some creativity in episode 2 because God overdid it in episode 1.


He isn't even that op now he gets much much stronger later on also they haven't really gotten into anything "Exciting" yet ...honestly this series is a hit or miss you either love it or hate it think it's writing is good like me or think it's absolute cancer.

Treat this anime like a Adventure - slice of life anime and you will enjoy it otherwise...welp
14852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 7/13/17
That seemed to go too fast but seems nice. I've been playing a bunch of RPG lately so many of the stuff in the 1st episode reminded me of those and it made me happy. I hope this doesn't deteriorate into a harem which has more unnecessary fanservice and less story. The character designs seem cute.

Also, I agree. The MC is pretty OP. Hoping this series gets more action and excitement though. I mean I heard it's more SOL but they've joined a guild so the missions can be made into something exciting.
18343 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / New York
Online
Posted 7/13/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

54bubbles wrote:
Perhaps there's a reason the MC is so OP... Because having everything granted up front leaves the rest of the season with nothing but pleasant strolls, bunny hops and ice cream parlors. How about: *phone drops* *crack* *gate opens* Then the one-way view into MC's previous world turns in on itself and the party is sucked elsewhere for lots of exciting challenges and discovering the "secret" of the world... Yes, just dreaming, but I hope the writers can bless us with some creativity in episode 2 because God overdid it in episode 1.

He isn't even that op now he gets much much stronger later on also they haven't really gotten into anything "Exciting" yet ...honestly this series is a hit or miss you either love it or hate it think it's writing is good like me or think it's absolute cancer.

Treat this anime like a Adventure - slice of life anime and you will enjoy it otherwise...welp
If creative writing is being promised here, then I'll look forward to the next episode. An Adventure is, by definition, to be exciting.
35336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 7/13/17
The dialogue is just too flat for me, I don't think I'll be watching this for long since there aren't many redeemable features so far.
qwueri 
21997 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 7/13/17
A first episode that's devoted to being an exposition dump? I'm gonna take a pass.
14779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/17
If there is one issue with this show is how they seem to take his ignorance of the world in stride. They can calmly except some like how he is illiterate yet well dressed with money, or how he doesn't know how the guild and magic works, but when he demonstrates ice cream they're like "who in the hell are you?"

It's almost as if the characters were expecting to be starting town NPC's, but were assigned someone with a new game +.
4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 7/15/17
Here's another one i've delayed until now.

I remember reading that "another world"-themed LN's are no longer allowed to be created (sorry about that, couldn't figure any better way to say it). I also recall that this is supposedly the last of its kind. I can be wrong, so feel to correct me. I appreciate it.

As for the series itself, good start. I do have to make a minor complain, though. All those few second pause scenes or whatever you wanna call it, why must there so much of that? Konosuba had its own style and it's bearable but here, i don't like it that much. I'm sorry, i just can't. No, i won't drop this because of that. I'm just saying it bothers me.

17945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/15/17 , edited 7/18/17

Yoshithehero wrote:

I remember reading that "another world"-themed LN's are no longer allowed to be created (sorry about that, couldn't figure any better way to say it). I also recall that this is supposedly the last of its kind. I can be wrong, so feel to correct me. I appreciate it.





It's much simpler. One of the big publishers decited to exclude isekais form their yearly Newcomer Awards. They will still keep publishing new ones, it's just more about cutting back on those as there was a flood of them over the last years.
(I kinda wish Steam would introduce something similar for zombie games....)


As for the anime itself. It's slice of life, let's rewrite it to rush it like hell and kill off the sol atmosphere, yay! What can possibly go wrong? Also, awkward transitions... I go back to reading the books.

4551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 7/15/17

nichtmalda wrote:


Yoshithehero wrote:

I remember reading that "another world"-themed LN's are no longer allowed to be created (sorry about that, couldn't figure any better way to say it). I also recall that this is supposedly the last of its kind. I can be wrong, so feel to correct me. I appreciate it.





It's much simpler. One of the big publishers decited to exclude isekais form their yearly Newcomer Awards. They will still keep publishing new ones, it's just more about cutting back on those as there was a flood of them over the last years.
(I kinda wish Steam would introduce something similar for zombie games....)


As for the anime itself. It's slice of life, let's rewrite it to rush it like hell and kill off the sol atmosphere, yay! What can possibly go wrong? Also, awkward transitions... I go back to reading the books.



Thanks. Appreciate the correction.
2901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mega-City One
Offline
Posted 7/15/17 , edited 7/18/17
Pleasantly surprised by this.

Just OK as an intro episode, but lots of little touches that I really like. MC is OP because Kami-sama literally felt bad and didn't roll him a level one character. Action Girl is equipped with skorts.

The "with my Smartphone" angle had me rolling my eyes when I heard of this, but it works better than I thought. It's a comment on how much we rely on them nowadays, and a sufficiently advanced technology indistinguishable from magic. Plus, the fact that his only contact is Kami-sama is hilarious.
59804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Now that I've had a chance to watch it, it's a pretty mild show, as this genre goes. Worth following, but I'm not expecting anything exceptional.
1418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Somewhere to my l...
Offline
Posted 7/17/17
Watched first episode, i kind of get why people are relating this to Re:Zero in that:
- both get a smartphone in another world (one's a flipphone that doesn't really do much, the other's a smartphone that somehow is still connected to WiFi), but whereas one teleports there by some evil witch, another get struck by lightning and offered to resurrect in another world.
- One is given x999 lives each time he dies, the other is given a particular set of skills, skills he has acquired over a very short career.

I don't want to write a full comparison so I'll stop that there.

Back to ep1, God basically gave the MC a choice "what kind of power do you want in the other world?" and then also gave him the particular set of skills to keep him alive, as well as be able to use all the elements (the Fire nation didn't even need to attack for him to learn and use them all). I'm a tad bit disappointed he didn't choose the power or Probability. Because you wake up one day, the probability of you flying is zero, change that to 100%. No chance you'll be a billionaire overnight? Set that chance to 100%, etc..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.