Post Reply I'm not better than you but I made a metal song
Posted 7/11/17 , edited 7/11/17
I made a metal song

Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/ascenttozenith/the-deep-end
19794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/11/17
Nice. Listening to the way the riffs flowed together made me wanna grab my guitar and improvise over it for a bit. Good job on this one.
3000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/11/17


i listened to the whole song and your playing is really good. it's like a robot is playing it because everything is 100 percent on beat lol. how do you record guitar in stereo? you are better than me.
Posted 7/11/17

iambetterthanyou wrote:



i listened to the whole song and your playing is really good. it's like a robot is playing it because everything is 100 percent on beat lol. how do you record guitar in stereo? you are better than me.


I don't record my guitars in stereo. I record two separate tracks and pan them. 100% left and 100% right. Gives it that big stereo sound. It has to be two separate recordings though. Or it will sound mono. The tiny imperfections give it the big sound. As much as I'd love to take the comment about being a robot to heart, I'm not. I, like many other modern metal musicians, edit my tracks. It's called quantizing. You basically learn to look for the guitar notes and edit them to be perfect. If you mess up it sounds scratchy and bad. You can look up a guide to starting that. Whenever I get a better setup with less latency, I'll probably do it less though.

Also if I was you, I'd stop using FL studio for metal. Use Reaper. It has an endless free trial. It's what I use. If you ever have questions you can ask me. I love helping because I was terrible when I first started.

Posted 7/11/17

trmjkd989 wrote:

Nice. Listening to the way the riffs flowed together made me wanna grab my guitar and improvise over it for a bit. Good job on this one.


Go for it
3000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 7/12/17

Zenpie wrote:


iambetterthanyou wrote:



i listened to the whole song and your playing is really good. it's like a robot is playing it because everything is 100 percent on beat lol. how do you record guitar in stereo? you are better than me.


I don't record my guitars in stereo. I record two separate tracks and pan them. 100% left and 100% right. Gives it that big stereo sound. It has to be two separate recordings though. Or it will sound mono. The tiny imperfections give it the big sound. As much as I'd love to take the comment about being a robot to heart, I'm not. I, like many other modern metal musicians, edit my tracks. It's called quantizing. You basically learn to look for the guitar notes and edit them to be perfect. If you mess up it sounds scratchy and bad. You can look up a guide to starting that. Whenever I get a better setup with less latency, I'll probably do it less though.

Also if I was you, I'd stop using FL studio for metal. Use Reaper. It has an endless free trial. It's what I use. If you ever have questions you can ask me. I love helping because I was terrible when I first started.



ok thanks
One Punch Mod
99323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/12/17


That sounds great.
Posted 7/12/17

lorreen wrote:



That sounds great.


Didn't take you for the kind of person to like metal
One Punch Mod
99323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/12/17

Zenpie wrote:


lorreen wrote:



That sounds great.


Didn't take you for the kind of person to like metal


I'm the kind of person who likes a lot of different things. My main pickiness comes in my preferences for specific things within different genres. That said, if you gave me a list of music genres and asked me to order them in terms of general preference, metal would be somewhere in the top half of the list (although I admit I don't have much familiarity with current day artists in much of any genre.)
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Melbourne, Austra...
Offline
Posted 7/15/17
This is some dope djenty goodness. Do you use Getgood Drums?
Posted 7/16/17

SplashTurbo wrote:

This is some dope djenty goodness. Do you use Getgood Drums?


Nah, I use EZdrummer 2. I'm sure Getgood is good though
You must be logged in to post.