First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Classroom of the Elite Discussion
20757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

mythrilmothV2 wrote:


soulsinferno wrote:

EVERYONE CHILL! Omg! Anyways I do have some questions? So is the entire class graded as a whole in the point system? What If they complete go broke? For 3 years? Are they screwed?? Merit system ehh so can they have both positive and negative merits?

Everyone who says they drop this, good riddance. The ones who like a good psychological anime are here to stay.



soulsinferno wrote:


mythrilmothV2 wrote:

Ye protagonist is annoyingly laconic and cynical, we've got the Bitchy For No Reason Girl, and the opening scene with the asshole on the bus set a bad tone for eah...I see a lot of people saying this is good? But honestly, nine minutes in I just don't care about any of these characters. They're almost all entitled, self-possessed jerks, ththis.

Hard pass.


BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


Excuse me.

There is absolutely no reason to be this much of a jerk over somebody saying they don't particularly care for a show you like.

We all have different tastes. There's nothing wrong with that. There are probably a ton of things I like that you don't like. Am I going to act like an ass to you because you say you don't like something I like? No, I'm not. Because everybody has different tastes.

The way you're acting in this thread...it doesn't really speak very kindly of you. Now, that other person in this thread I had a little...exchange...with, I'm not sure what's wrong with that person, but you? You're being immature and acting EXACTLY like the guy on the bus in the first scene of this show.

Do you REALLY want to be that guy? (The answer is no. No you do not.)

Please be respectful of others who have dissenting opinions and don't like the same things you like. That's the polite, mature, responsible thing to do. You can disagree with someone, argue that they're wrong about things, but don't just flat out act like a jerk to somebody just because they don't like a show you like.

I mean...stop and think about how you're acting here. Seriously.


I wouldn't have given up my seat on the bus either, no law said he had too. First come first serve. At leat the guy gave a long winded explanation on why he didn't want to give up the seat, but the girl asked when she didn't want to, she said it was a matter of "principal"? Wtf ever does that mean? You won't be coming back here anyways? But oh well....

Also this is ironically the perfect anime as to see why people shouldn't act like those negative ways and reason's and why they do. If you do stick around I bet you and I will learn a thing or two about human nature and society. And true equality.

Stick around for a few episode's the show might just surprise you ;)


But honestly, nine minutes in I just don't care about any of these characters. They're almost all entitled, self-possessed jerks, ththis.
Welcome to 90% of people in real life??????? Perhaps thats what the tone was going for or do you just watch shows where everyone is singing and dancing being all lovey dovey towards each other and bad vibes just offend you? No offense



14428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/13/17
I do not really think this show understands meritocracy.
41395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/13/17
I stole this from Reddit - someone translated the point totals during the ED. Since someone from B class has 15k points, I wonder if any of the first years got any points?

Ayanokouji, Kiyotaka 82235
Horikita, Suzune 91887
Kushida, Kikyou 54705
Sudou, Ken 3115
Ike, Kanji 42
Yamauchi, Haruki 28
Hirata, Yousuke 21170
Kouenji, Rokusuke 6284
Karuizawa, Kei 2389
Satou, Maya 6850
??? 8029
Sotomura, Hideo 13668
??? 68192
??? 25956
Ichinose, Honami (B-Class) secret
Shiranami, Chihiro (B-Class) 15175
226510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/19/17
So the two guys with 28 and 42 points....

They must be the idiots thought blew their money onto consoles right? Lol.
14119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/17
So friendly girl is one of the smarter ones interesting, looks like angry guy is going to get angrier.

BTW if anyone goes to Hawaii it actually is the law to give up your seat on the bus to an elderly passenger.
42855 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

AnimeKami wrote:
I suppose a monotonic voice works.


Between them and Mari on Fastest Finger it's been a nice change of pace from the usual overacting in anime.
41395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/13/17

stark700 wrote:

So the two guys with 28 and 42 points....

They must be the idiots thought blew their money onto consoles right? Lol.


Since 100,000 yen is about $880 or £680, and presumably their rent is paid for and they don't need to travel, blowing all that is pretty staggering.

I'm guessing their legitimate expenditure was groceries and books.

26575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

domvina wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:
I suppose a monotonic voice works.


Between them and Mari on Fastest Finger it's been a nice change of pace from the usual overacting in anime.


I second this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Newsflash not all females sound like a squeaky toy hats off to both shows for taking a chance on an industry that plays it safe 99% of the time
76936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

soulsinferno wrote:

The ones who like a good psychological anime are here to stay.

I consider that a gauntlet thrown good sir.

Edit: Hm. Better premise than Kiznaiver at least. Not sure it'll go anywhere more interesting though.
5143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Simulacrum
Offline
Posted 7/13/17

mythrilmothV2 wrote:

Yeah...I see a lot of people saying this is good? But honestly, nine minutes in I just don't care about any of these characters. They're almost all entitled, self-possessed jerks, the protagonist is annoyingly laconic and cynical, we've got the Bitchy For No Reason Girl, and the opening scene with the asshole on the bus set a bad tone for this.

Hard pass.


hey i can understand where you're coming from, it's easy to see that not everyone will like it. i mean, i thought some characters were pretty annoying too. But, i think the first episode kinda had to present the characters in this way, because then we will be able to see how they change and grow from the challenges they are confronted with. i can say by the end of the first episode i was curious where this will go and will probably watch a few more episodes before i decide to pass or not. i dont know anything about the source material so who knows.
226510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 7/13/17

icecreamsnow wrote:


stark700 wrote:

So the two guys with 28 and 42 points....

They must be the idiots thought blew their money onto consoles right? Lol.


Since 100,000 yen is about $880 or £680, and presumably their rent is paid for and they don't need to travel, blowing all that is pretty staggering.

I'm guessing their legitimate expenditure was groceries and books.



Well I mean in general, the way they spend it.

Groceries and books would be necessities if they want to make the best of their school life while video games are just for leisure. (unless they want to build a career from it).
26575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/19/17
Wonder if you can give points or buy stuff for other students and charge interest or get favors?
76936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/19/17

gornotck wrote:

I do not really think this show understands meritocracy.

Going off the sum of class merit rather than individual achievement seems to be setting up the potential for some soap bars in socks.
xxJing 
39819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 7/13/17
It makes me wonder, are they being judged as a class or are they being judged individually?

It makes me think they are being judged as a class though, since I doubt Horikita would have lost so many points on her own.
137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / places lmao
Offline
Posted 7/13/17
I enjoyed it. I get some sort of Kiznaiver vibe from it minus the shared pain. I hope it'll continue to deliver.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.