First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
/r/The_Donald is being manipulated to be against Net Neutrality
Posted 7/12/17 , edited 7/13/17

Rujikin wrote:

Wow you guys drove this thread into the ground yourselves. Good job. Oh and we work hard to be good upvote bots *beep boop beep*


Zenpie wrote:

I use Reddit a good bit and I can say The_Donald is a such a shit hole of hypocrisy and bullshit. Besides that fact, the fact that they are doing shit like this, is really underhanded. The sub needs to be banned.I was banned for calling them out a post about being the center of free speech on Reddit lmao. Banned along with like 100s of others. It wouldn't phase me if TD literally was some conspiracy type shit trying to move a tide in a certain way.


I'm banned from like 10+ subs I have never even visited befor.e They per-emptively ban us from subs if you post in the_donald. We would love to go out and discuss stuff on r/politics or other subs but we get banned or shadow banned like crazy. Can't even have a discussion and that is why the_donald exists. The bannings for mere discussion got annoying so we all congregated on the_donald. The_donald is a Trump fan-sub and it doesn't hide that fact. If you want discussion go to AskTrumpSupporters.

Blame the idiot left for stalking and banning us on other subs. If I even post on r/politics I am multiple votes in the negative votes in less than 5 seconds after posting.


MossRantz wrote:

People on both sides speculate that team behind /r/The_Donald was given trouble by the Reddit admins for referring to the place as a bastion of free speech in the description.

I think at this point, they don't even refer to other modpower-friendly Reddits when they are called out for their heavy censorship. They now basically own their censorship.

I never even posted on there before and was already banned and I barely even posted with that account. Only thing I could figure is they are constantly searching reddit, see what people are posting, and banning them preemptively.


They openly admitted to censoring us and when they made a mistake to their algorithms we owned the first two pages of the front page due to our activity and upvotes. They redesigned the algorithm to prevent us from showing up on there.

The_Donald is not for policy discussion its a Trump fansub. If your getting banned its because you don't seem to understand that. We would love to debate you on r/politics but the mods ban anything going against Hillary or anything not anti-trump. Don't even bother there now, so much for a neutral place for discussion.

Right. Nice job projecting what is happening to us and pretending like your the victim though. Not everyone does such underhanded tactics.


It's probably because nobody outside of TD likes TD. I don't care what subs you post on, I'm not going to judge you. Until I see you posting on some random sub "Liberal CUCKS!". This is how majority of people I see are outed and downvoted. Even if your main sub is TD I'm not going to just downvote you for it. Nobody does that. I'm sure you'd like to say people actually go through your post history to see where you post, but you aren't that special. Nobody is. Except for maybe Ken Bone.

As for political subs, I doubt you get banned just for saying you support Trump. And yeah it's understandable that you get downvoted, that's because your opinion doesn't hold up well when there isn't bots manipulating posts to the front page. But downvoting ridiculous shit is what both sides fight for right? Freedom, freedom of speech, Merica fuck yeah.

Having your posts frowned upon is a lot better than getting instantly banned for pointing out hypocrisy. TD is basically North Korea at this point. You can deny it but if you read my other post, I believe you are one of the 'republican' trolls I was talking about. Who knows who you actually support and believe.
Posted 7/12/17 , edited 7/13/17

Magical-Soul wrote:


A random. You wouldn't remember me


But you remember me, right?

.....Well, whatever.


Yeah but the odds of you remembering me are slim. Since I wasn't a rabid troll, what was it, like two years ago?

I think my name was either Furytime, Zenith, or something that I can't remember.
3496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Seoul, South Korea
Offline
Posted 7/12/17 , edited 7/13/17

MossRantz wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

Before anyone considers engaging MossRantz, remember that he is anti-conservative and you should expect him to slander anyone who isn't explicitly left wing.


MossRantz wrote:

LMFAO at conservatives


His own post from The Daily Donald.


Not really anti-conservative. That's a vague term. Anti-Trump is way more specific and accurate.

And sometimes I post like an asshole, but I can also post like I'm interested in what you have to say.


That could be better or worse. More than likely it's worse since Trump isn't really the worst or best president ever. He's just a normal guy the media has a hate on for since they wanted to install someone else into office.

I'm not a rabid Trump supporter, I support sensible policies and American values, which unfortunately automatically puts anyone who does at odds with Democrats/leftists.

I'm a classical libertarian, but today that means I'm an "rightwing Trumptard".

It's funny when "never trumpers" point out things that Trump did and they didn't like, they always react in a strange way if you point out where Hillary was planning to do the same and/or Obama had already done, like deportations or travel bans.

I don't really wanna talk politics on Crunchyroll tho(basically a feminist/sjw forum) so I really won't get into lengthy exchanges. I just pick certain things to bring to people's attention, like your post above.
Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/17 , edited 7/13/17

Magical-Soul wrote:


MossRantz wrote:


Magical-Soul wrote:

Before anyone considers engaging MossRantz, remember that he is anti-conservative and you should expect him to slander anyone who isn't explicitly left wing.


MossRantz wrote:

LMFAO at conservatives


His own post from The Daily Donald.


Not really anti-conservative. That's a vague term. Anti-Trump is way more specific and accurate.

And sometimes I post like an asshole, but I can also post like I'm interested in what you have to say.


That could be better or worse. More than likely it's worse since Trump isn't really the worst or best president ever. He's just a normal guy the media has a hate on for since they wanted to install someone else into office.

I'm not a rabid Trump supporter, I support sensible policies and American values, which unfortunately automatically puts anyone who does at odds with Democrats/leftists.

I'm a classical libertarian, but today that means I'm an "rightwing Trumptard".

It's funny when "never trumpers" point out things that Trump did and they didn't like, they always react in a strange way if you point out where Hillary was planning to do the same and/or Obama had already done, like deportations or travel bans.

I don't really wanna talk politics on Crunchyroll tho(basically a feminist/sjw forum) so I really won't get into lengthy exchanges. I just pick certain things to bring to people's attention, like your post above.


You are classically libertarian. I would have voted for Ron Paul in a heartbeat given the choice and still feel that way and I might strongly disagree with much of what he considers essential to his beliefs. I vote for who I trust and I would have trusted Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul pretty much in the same exact way. Given this sentiment, no, I do not like Trump one bit at all. I don't trust him at all. I can't think of anyone who I have more distrust for except maybe Trump Jr.

I am clueless as to why anyone would trust either of them, but that's not what I want to discuss. I wanted to share the above paragraph to explain how I can be reached in terms of things I don't agree with.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/12/17 , edited 7/13/17
The Donald is a cuckservative shithole like their equivalent leftist forums. I voted trump and I am a hard core capitalist minarchist and net neutrality is something I agree with.
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17
"plebbit"


Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17
This morning, all mention of Net Neutrality has been scrubbed from the front page of /r/The_Donald.

I'm positive at this point that any support for the cause was hollow.
23737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17
I have never been on Reddit and I feel I am a better person for it
Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

uncletim wrote:

I have never been on Reddit and I feel I am a better person for it


It's pretty good for niche hobbies or following a TV show.
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

MossRantz wrote:

This morning, all mention of Net Neutrality has been scrubbed from the front page of /r/The_Donald.

I'm positive at this point that any support for the cause was hollow.


Do you not know how Reddit works, especially the_donald? Topics get upvoted then survive for so long before dropping off the front page. In the_donald most topics have a live span of less than a day, less than half the day usually, due to its insanely high activity levels.

You pretty much have to spam a topic with new threads about it to keep them alive on the_donald because everything gets AUTOMATICALLY replaced quickly.
Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

Rujikin wrote:


MossRantz wrote:

This morning, all mention of Net Neutrality has been scrubbed from the front page of /r/The_Donald.

I'm positive at this point that any support for the cause was hollow.


Do you not know how Reddit works, especially the_donald? Topics get upvoted then survive for so long before dropping off the front page. In the_donald most topics have a live span of less than a day, less than half the day usually, due to its insanely high activity levels.

You pretty much have to spam a topic with new threads about it to keep them alive on the_donald because everything gets AUTOMATICALLY replaced quickly.


These topics that were discussed were stickied. Do you know how sticky topics work?
70 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17
I guest no one at the The_Donald took the time to research his position on this issue.

https://www.isidewith.com/candidate-guide/donald-trump/domestic-policy/net-neutrality

Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

ludewig wrote:

I guest no one at the The_Donald took the time to research his position on this issue.

https://www.isidewith.com/candidate-guide/donald-trump/domestic-policy/net-neutrality



This suggests he is Anti-Net Neutrality which essentially reflects /r/The_Donald anyway.
23332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

MossRantz wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


MossRantz wrote:

This morning, all mention of Net Neutrality has been scrubbed from the front page of /r/The_Donald.

I'm positive at this point that any support for the cause was hollow.


Do you not know how Reddit works, especially the_donald? Topics get upvoted then survive for so long before dropping off the front page. In the_donald most topics have a live span of less than a day, less than half the day usually, due to its insanely high activity levels.

You pretty much have to spam a topic with new threads about it to keep them alive on the_donald because everything gets AUTOMATICALLY replaced quickly.


These topics that were discussed were stickied. Do you know how sticky topics work?


Popular stickies also prevent the_donald from being able to have posts show up in r/all because they implemented special rules on the_donald. Stickies are short term and temporary. You can thank Spez for those special set of rules. If a sticky becomes too popular then it prevents a popular thread from showing up on r/all.

Also why should a circlejerk about Trump keep net neutrality stickied? I was surprised they stickied it at all.
Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 7/13/17 , edited 7/13/17

Rujikin wrote:


MossRantz wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


MossRantz wrote:

This morning, all mention of Net Neutrality has been scrubbed from the front page of /r/The_Donald.

I'm positive at this point that any support for the cause was hollow.


Do you not know how Reddit works, especially the_donald? Topics get upvoted then survive for so long before dropping off the front page. In the_donald most topics have a live span of less than a day, less than half the day usually, due to its insanely high activity levels.

You pretty much have to spam a topic with new threads about it to keep them alive on the_donald because everything gets AUTOMATICALLY replaced quickly.


These topics that were discussed were stickied. Do you know how sticky topics work?


Popular stickies also prevent the_donald from being able to have posts show up in r/all because they implemented special rules on the_donald. Stickies are short term and temporary. You can thank Spez for those special set of rules. If a sticky becomes too popular then it prevents a popular thread from showing up on r/all.

Also why should a circlejerk about Trump keep net neutrality stickied? I was surprised they stickied it at all.


My issue is that a narrative was set and established, then a large amount of people who understand the implications of the issue argued against that narrative and were even offended that the narrative was set the way it was. Then heavy censorship took place to stop anyone from arguing otherwise, and then later likely due to how divisive the original stance was, a very weak support for Net Neutrality was given in the form of shitting on the Reddit Admins with more heavy censorship.

So, I guess my question is, do you yourself trust the moderators of /r/The_Donald to have the power to set the narrative like that? This was a case where your beliefs were at odds with what they had decided the issue was going to be. Had you tried to voice on the issue, they would have likely deleted your posts and banned you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.