First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Movies, TV shows, books, etc., that are indisputably terrible but you like anyway.
8829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 7/14/17
Something is bad, and you know it. But for some reason, you can't help but love it. I'm sure everyone here has at least one of those. Go ahead and share them.

There are probably a few I could list, but there's one movie that immediately comes to mind: Gods and Generals. It's tediously long (almost 4 hours for the theatrical cut), blatant Southern propaganda, and a giant "f**k you" to history and reality. Yet I can still watch it over and over for no real reason. Maybe it's the opening credits (I could probably watch just that for 4 hours).

Yours?
1345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/14/17 , edited 7/14/17
Eight Crazy Nights. Adam Sandler as Whitey and his sister is possibly the worst idea ever, and some of the jokes are just bad (deer toilet humor, in particular). But that movie was so CLOSE to being a Christmas classic that I can't help liking it for what it could have been.
275 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
New York
Offline
Posted 7/14/17
The hit 2002 classic film "Crossroads" staring pop sensation Britney Spears
10960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 7/14/17

foraslan wrote:

Eight Crazy Nights. Adam Sandler as Whitey and his sister is possibly the worst idea ever, and some of the jokes are just bad (deer toilet humor, in particular). But that movie was so CLOSE to being a Christmas classic that I can't help liking it for what it could have been.


Pretty sure its a Hanukkah movie and not a christmas movie, though that kinda just makes it worse. It certainly looks pretty, though.

As for me, I'd have to go with the Harry Potter films. They're generally pretty crap movies but like everyone else I always get sucked up by all the potter-ness when I watch them.
3496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Seoul, South Korea
Offline
Posted 7/14/17
I like the Equestria Girls movies and I know those are pretty much trash 3/10 films.

One of the scenes in the first movie was so mind numbing and retarded that one of the writer's had to address it on twitter. There was a scene where the antagonist coerced the main characters by threatening to destroy a magical portal by....

Hitting it...?
277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/14/17
I can't think of any though there might be one or two.

(Don't you you like Batman and Robin? And Dragonball: Evolution?)

(Yeah, but Batman and Robin is a great movie. And Dragonball: Evolution ain't bad.)
1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / IDK
Offline
Posted 7/14/17

octorockandroll wrote:


foraslan wrote:

Eight Crazy Nights. Adam Sandler as Whitey and his sister is possibly the worst idea ever, and some of the jokes are just bad (deer toilet humor, in particular). But that movie was so CLOSE to being a Christmas classic that I can't help liking it for what it could have been.


Pretty sure its a Hanukkah movie and not a christmas movie, though that kinda just makes it worse. It certainly looks pretty, though.

As for me, I'd have to go with the Harry Potter films. They're generally pretty crap movies but like everyone else I always get sucked up by all the potter-ness when I watch them.


You think so? I always thought they were pretty good quality. Then again last time I saw a Potter film was in 2011, at AGE 11. Lol
10960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 7/14/17

PandaSamaBoi wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


foraslan wrote:

Eight Crazy Nights. Adam Sandler as Whitey and his sister is possibly the worst idea ever, and some of the jokes are just bad (deer toilet humor, in particular). But that movie was so CLOSE to being a Christmas classic that I can't help liking it for what it could have been.


Pretty sure its a Hanukkah movie and not a christmas movie, though that kinda just makes it worse. It certainly looks pretty, though.

As for me, I'd have to go with the Harry Potter films. They're generally pretty crap movies but like everyone else I always get sucked up by all the potter-ness when I watch them.


You think so? I always thought they were pretty good quality. Then again last time I saw a Potter film was in 2011, at AGE 11. Lol


I loved them back in the day as well but my god do they not hold up.
1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / IDK
Offline
Posted 7/14/17 , edited 7/14/17

octorockandroll wrote:

I loved them back in the day as well but my god do they not hold up.


I'll definitely have to check them out again and see what I think. I know for sure that I hated Order of The Phoenix more than anything. That was the worst book, and the worst movie by far. Half Blood Prince wasn't my favorite either.
47837 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 7/14/17
everything i like is goooood
10960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 7/14/17

PandaSamaBoi wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


PandaSamaBoi wrote:

You think so? I always thought they were pretty good quality. Then again last time I saw a Potter film was in 2011, at AGE 11. Lol


I loved them back in the day as well but my god do they not hold up.


I'll definitely have to check them out again and see what I think. I know for sure that I hated Order of The Phoenix more than anything. That was the worst book, and the worst movie by far. Half Blood Prince wasn't my favorite either.


I recommend reading the books as you go along theough the films. A lot of the issues with the films are the results of changes made in the adaptation process that hinder the storytelling and sometimes even instances where they removed something from the books at one part of the film but left in another part of the story that references or is in some other way reliant on the previous thing having been there, leading to huge plotholes and inconsistencies.
10723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/14/17
Alot of Japanese movies. So bad but so good. High kick angles is my favourite.
1016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / IDK
Offline
Posted 7/14/17

octorockandroll wrote:


PandaSamaBoi wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


PandaSamaBoi wrote:

You think so? I always thought they were pretty good quality. Then again last time I saw a Potter film was in 2011, at AGE 11. Lol


I loved them back in the day as well but my god do they not hold up.


I'll definitely have to check them out again and see what I think. I know for sure that I hated Order of The Phoenix more than anything. That was the worst book, and the worst movie by far. Half Blood Prince wasn't my favorite either.


I recommend reading the books as you go along theough the films. A lot of the issues with the films are the results of changes made in the adaptation process that hinder the storytelling and sometimes even instances where they removed something from the books at one part of the film but left in another part of the story that references or is in some other way reliant on the previous thing having been there, leading to huge plotholes and inconsistencies.


Probably won't read the Harry Potter series again lmao. I read the whole series through about 10 times or more when I was like 10 or something. I had a serious problem where I would just read through Percy Jackson & Harry Potter back to back, over and over. A book a day. Idk how I did it because now I can't read more than 10 pages in a book without dying of boredom. But I do remember some of the differences between the books and movies.
113436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 7/15/17
Lawn Dogs (1997).....dull script, too many lame stereotypes, but would watch it again;

Motorama (1993)...kid inherits car, OCDs over finding that elusive last stamp to complete the album. How Mad Max might have been filmed if given a $1000 USD budget instead of $1.98:



Rubber (2011) French director homage to a derelict rubber tire adrift in the California desert (near Palmdale?). Was on Netflix for a time. I'll rewatch it because of my brother-in-law's bit part in it (grizzled guy in pickup truck at gas station....head explosion sequence).
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/17/17
Tron (1982)
Hackers (1995)

neither aged terribly well, but I still like them and have watched them quite a few times.

I actually really like the soundtrack to Hackers.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.