First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Worst girls in anime ever
59122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 7/18/17

Insomnist wrote:
I just popped in to see how long it'd take for someone to mention Asuka.




Hey, as long as there's at least one of us '80s- or '90s-era fans left, you know Asuka's getting a mention.
77278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/18/17

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:



Hey, as long as there's at least one of us '80s- or '90s-era fans left, you know Asuka's getting a mention.

I can't share the sentiment for the record. Asuka's a sweetie pie.

But I don't want her throne nicked by all these newfangled upstarts so easily.
6423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17

dwilson2000 wrote:

Nami, Robin (One Piece) Louise (The Familiar of Zero).




Explain please
6423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17

SirBacon24 wrote:

How can you make that kind of list and not even put Nina on there?


Who?
6423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17

Yoshithehero wrote:

Ah, Nui from Kill la Kill. How much i hate her. Especially that part where she reveals to Ryuko that she killed Ryuko's father. That f**king smile makes, that's what pisses me the most. But then later, when she gets injured, she flips out completely. I guess, take that, you deserve it?


Agreed
She bugged me
6423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17


Lol that face
6423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17

Sketcy wrote:

Hmm... (with 1 being the most hated...)

#5 Nami from One Piece
I liked Nami's character for the most part in the majority of the series. In fact, I guess I don't hate her character really--I like her, but way too much fan service after the 2 year arc. It sort of cheapens her character's role--a lot. Plus, in all the movies, she's (of course) kidnapped.

Before 2 year arc: After 2 year arc:

#4 Lucy from Fairytail
I think they only put her in the story for fan-service. She narrates, but she's not even the main character--but every arc seems to want to kidnap her or target her for some reason. And, don't forget, somewhere before the end of every one of her battles--her clothes will be destroyed one way or another. Seriously, just fan service.



#3 Sakura from Naruto
I guess it didn't bother me that she liked Sasuke so much. What bothered me is that she was utterly mean and treated Naruto like trash--and enjoyed using him as her punching bag. Then, her crush for Sasuke grows into a one-sided obsession over a guy who is a traitor and tried to murder her--and everyone else. In the first half of the series, she was weak and always had to be protected. That did change later. She became super strong, but still whined a lot. Later, she tries to manipulate Naruto by pretending to have feelings for him in Shippuden when she figures Sasuke is too far gone. She's kind of a bad person. She has her moments when she is endearing and fun to watch, but she doesn't become more likable for me until almost just at the end of the series. And even then, saying "like" her might be too far. Maybe, just upgraded from hate to don't like.



#2 Keiko from Yu Yu Hakusho
She wasn't annoying until she started bossing people around, following along, and getting in the way. There's nothing wrong with being a weak character who makes no claim as to be able to defend themselves (like Botan). Usually those characters are smart enough to lay low and get out of the way--and they probably have some sort of other redeeming quality on top of that. However, when you are a weak character with an "I can take care of myself! I'm coming with you!" personality (only to need rescuing repeatedly like Keiko) it gets annoying quick.



#1 Fujiko from Lupin III: Part 4 and movies (haven't watched part 1-3)
This is probably the only character (in any anime I've ever watched) that I wanted the writers to kill at the beginning of the first movie and not look back. The dynamics of the other three characters are actually stronger without her (and they often have some of the funniest moments when she's not there). She is 100% fan service--and on top of that has no other redeeming qualities--not even as comic relief. She just has a bad, traitorous personality and despite writers' best efforts to prove how resourceful she is, she still manages to need rescuing in every single movie--and she relies on the one she betrayed to save her (--though sometimes even the "save me" is a trick that almost gets them killed--and this usually means she will need re-saving later when she's captured for real). In fact, Lupin seems to be the only character who likes her. They never even explain why he's so infatuated with her except that she's always falsely promising she'll sleep with him if he [inserts random item to be stolen]. (I sort of judge Lupin as well for always believing her). She's just an annoying character that adds nothing to the team or plot. I mean, it's not a Lupin movie until Fujiko betrays you at least once.



Nice i give you 10 points
35409 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 8/24/17

Darkwolf068 wrote:


dwilson2000 wrote:

Nami, Robin (One Piece) Louise (The Familiar of Zero).




Explain please


One-dimensional annoying characters with no development. You're welcome.
7937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/24/17 , edited 8/24/17

Darkwolf068 wrote:


SirBacon24 wrote:

How can you make that kind of list and not even put Nina on there?


Who?


From Code Geass
22925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 8/25/17

Insomnist wrote:



I can see "why", I do not think she deserves it, however. In terms of being a terrible human being, she rates fairly high, but she is also one of most disturbingly extreme personalities in anime that has a great deal of realism in her self rationale, even more than one could give Shinji. This is a personality I would expect to see even 15% of in most anime, but if there anything I could praise about Hideki Anno, is that she is quite realistic (Not the norm to the extent, I suppose) and many people such as I can find shades of her in ourselves, albeit to a much lesser extension.

Sasuke Uchiha having an inferiority-superiority complex? Asuka already did this way before Naruto even started, and to much better extent.

Though no, she is quite terrible, and understanding someone's thought processes usually does not lead to I excusing them from immoral behavior.

Nina Einstein is hardly worth hating, really.

As for my top spot:


Okay, to rate this list...


1.The All Female Student Council from Himegoto.

They place Hime, a boy in debt to them that they demand crossdresses, but they end up putting in scenarios where he would be embarrassed, and this just qualifies as uncreative takes sexual harassment. Ooh, girls sexually harassing a cross dressing boy, whose dong turns everyone away. The gimmick is pretty old, but it is only a 4 minute series, up until the student council attempts to videotape Hime nearly getting raped by two men who do not care about said dong, while they hide in the bushes in some voyeur's lust. In a turn of events, this is a serious episode, but I am still quite angered that they do not have any motion of decency in the first place, and have to be reprimanded as to the full repercussions of what they were about to let happen. Seriously? Fuck you. Rape is rape, male or female.


2. Tohru Honda from [Fruit Basket (Anime)

A definition of a definite mary sue to one of the worst shoujo anime I have seen, yet it garners so much popularity. No, I genuinely mean it, but due to differences between the source material I believe from CLAMP, and the adaptation, I am going to try to talk anime only, to avoid stepping on toes.

Tohru Honda is the very definition of the character archetype Pollyanna, who is perpetually cheerful no matter circumstances, always rebounding from depression quickly and genuinely, and who pure hearted nature and love makes everyone around her love and adore her sooner or later, or something of the nature. This cannot be well written, despite my somewhat cynically understanding nature of suffering.

Tohru Honda in the anime is this, on drugs. Her loving nature and bountifulness degree of happiness can solve the problems of members of the Sohma family, and I find this fucking obnoxious and incredibly naive in how it is written. No matter who you are, you cannot solve decades old problems concerning the psychological or mental overnight. No one can, and the fact that she can makes this inevitably one of the most offensive anime I have seen.

You cannot put on a smile, say everything is going to be alright, and expect it to work like magic. The fact that she can, effortlessly, greatly underestimates the lingering affects of people who are damaged in such a way. Resentment and regret cannot be erased just like that.

In the manga, it appears she does major repression in order to maintain the facade, however.

2. (Tied with Fruit basket Abunai Sisters from....Abunai Sisters.

This anime is terribly offensive to me as a male, by virtue that it expects me to be entertain by two unattractively disportioned bimbo that think about men and their penises all the time, which is their entire personalities. No, no I am not. I may be horny, but goddamn, producing such an anime to entertain ecchi lovers with such a degrading depiction of female personalities just infuriates me. People despise this anime for how it portrays the female leads, but I do not think it is meant to be an honest depiction as much as an intention to pander, which in fact, makes it far more insulting to male viewers in general. We males are not inherently dogs, for crying out loud.

3. Miyuki Shiba from Irregular at Magic High School

I love little sisters who are loving, but Miyuki is so one dimensional in her mindset, which is purely focused on being Tatsuya Nii-chan's number one fan girl. She is an annoyance with her how limited her dialogue is in reference to said focus, and she is just a fictional groupie for the circlejerk fanfiction Irregular At Magic High School is. She is pure wish fulfillment for a sad soul, and it is honestly degrading.

I could also put Orihime Inoune for a similar reason, but Bleach is actually enjoyable for the most part, minus post Aizen and before Wandereich kicks in, and despite her role, she is more annoying as a character than how I perceive her role, honestly.

Miyuki is a cog in an insidious work of fiction, while Orihime is a sore thumb.

4..Umaru Doma from Himouto! Umaru Chan

Already explained. Whether or not her role justifies this is contested.

5. Haruhi Suzumiya from Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya

Pretty much a prototype for Umaru, though the pleasing of her desires does make sense within the story, as she unknowngly possesses reality warping abilities, which can manifest from strong desires. Though to quote a review on Myanimelist, as I cannot say it better, Haruhi is best defined in one word as "aggressive". Everything she does is not of assertion of desires up for discussion, but a placement of expectation on others for it be fulfilled, regardless of their desires or rights.

She does get development, but it isn't capitalized on to consistency, and overall, she is such a major bitch that has to get her way.

6. Rio Miyaichi from Ana Satsujin

I hate her because of how her fans tend to romanticize her as just misunderstood. She is a serial killer who targets criminals and policemen purely out of depravity, and any sense of morality. Cased closed. She appears in just a manga that I can fairly appreciate up until its final moments. The fact I event have to argue this pisses me off as much as those who believe "Griffith did nothing wrong", and argued his decision was morally efficacious, despite no show of it that cannot be overturned by what Griffith can do.

7. Yoshino from Aho Girl

Incredibly stupid, but not well meaning to compensate, and her shtick with bananas just feels mildly racist. Though I do get some (sick) enjoyment of wondering what were the outcry be if Yoshino was dark skinned and still possess an affinity for bananas.

Females I am too lazy to rank

-Sakura from Naruto=

Truth be told, she only confesses her willingness to defect with Sasuke once while 12, and I cut her slack. The second time was an attempt to kill Sasuke with subterfuge so Naruto would not waste time. She is greatly annoying, but since her role regresses to background, I honestly forgot. Who she ends up marrying does pisses me off, but in the end, I cannot say I really care, or that I do not see the real reason why they paired her up with that specific person, considering the sequel Boruto. Spoilers below



-Mei Misaki from Another=



-Asuna Yuuki from Sword Art Online= I do not quite hate her for her "characteristics", but her role is what causes me to place her here. She is the defacto love interest destined for Kirito, but she gets just as much development relationship wise as Silica and Lisbeth in a span of so few episodes, and despite being the covergirl, from Alfheim to GGO, she was replaced by leads with far more development and personality, only for it to feel meaningless when rejection is certain, whereas time could be better spent on Asuna much earlier developing a loving relationship that does not necessarily need extreme conflict.

That being said, I can see her positives. Alongside Kirino Kousaka, Asuna is one of the most attractive females in anime I have seen. I do not blame people for wanting her as a waifu, and her personality is much better than Kirino. Asuna just needs more love, and in honestly, at least Reki Kawahara is launching a sequel series focusing on Aincrad floor by floor with much more emphasis it seems.

Good grief, you had a goldmine of a premise and you rushed it.

Goodness gracious, even the colossal titan can't look over this fucking wall of text. Trump should hire me to build the wall by myself. My everlasting enmity is enough material for 100 walls.

70019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 8/25/17
Here is my most hated girl in all of anime, and that's Kyouko Kouda (March Comes in Like a Lion). What sealed it is the fact that she didn't take losing to Rei very well. It's one thing to be upset about it, but she does everything she can to ruin Rei's life. Things were already tough enough as it was for Rei going through a really devastating moment of his life. But Kyouko's bitchiness only made things worse, and nothing good ever happens when she's around.
22925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 8/25/17 , edited 8/25/17
To add more....


Kino from Kino's Journey:

Not just as a character, but for the positive reception. She is hailed as tolerant, but it comes off as nothing more than aggressively passive apathy at times. She is hailed as wise, but she rarely makes claims and assertions, and generally avoids any moral discussion. In fact, her reticent nature makes her lack a moral energy. Just as one cannot truly exercise bravery in in the lack of perceived danger, Kino cannot truly exercise tolerance when her moral outrage is borderline existent in response to genocide.

A beautiful world? All I see it terrible and moronic humans everywhere she goes, and instead of any real discussion, the concept of cultural relativism is held far loftier than any of us would see it. There is a difference between acknowledging cultural differences, and basing one's entire set of ethics on it.

Kino does have feelings, but they are not to any notable extent.

I praised this anime before, but on a second watch of the 2003 series in anticipation of the 2017 Fall comeback, I am utterly mortified. The anime community praises her tolerance and understanding when they done in the most superficial fashion. She understands that they grew up with said beliefs in a different culture. Yawn. You know what I say? Fuck culture, fuck tradition. One person in a Discord disagrees, but here is what I mean. I mean fuck the usage of culture and tradition as an excuse against immorality. Do not attempt to misunderstand my argument for a strawman; personally, I cannot think of a cogent argument one could put. Moral and cultural relativism are best understood as methods for deeper understanding. Why do they do the things they do, or essentially, why do they think they are right?

Kino does not do this correctly, she does not change in any notable way, and worst of all, she is aggressively stuck on the idea of tolerance and intervention, especially in situation where can convene. She takes the path of least resistance, which more or less is equatable to leaving well enough alone.

People say such a show makes one think due to the main character not professing any beliefs, but to start off, I disagree with the notion that the author communicating their ideas in the format of fiction or essays is insidious subterfuge that is basically propaganda. I believe it can be a sort of impromptu discussion between author and audience, with communicating their ideas. This often relies on a bit of a real life semblance for discussing real life problems, and this the problem with The Irregular At Magic High School. He wants to talk notions of our society that are not accurately reflected in his fantasy microcosm that reflects such a despicable world view, because his sense of rationale is only reasonable within a set number of imaginary circumstances that do not hold true. Again, different than true speculation. This happens often because the author does not have to respond to his audience directly or in real time. See most political diatribes by incendiary pundits.

I think it is fine to have an opinion and be assertive of it, fight if one has to in the most extreme circumstances. You could say I am more or less a moral imperialist or something, I do not know. Perhaps the creator of Kino Journey is expressing their opinion, and you know what? I think those are ethics you have are considerably irrational in this series' portrayal, for reasons above. I would not mind an expression if one has bothered to reason, but reasoning is this series' weakness. Kino doesn't engage much in this type of discussion, and neither does the author, or the series.

I do not think my sense of rationale is without fault, as I am not without doubt. I believe this and other viewpoints for now. My views are subjective, but I disagree with the notion we believe what we want to believe to an extent. I believe we can, in fact, reason based on facts, even if such principles of ethics are not able to be empirically proven.

42768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/25/17
Probably every anime girl with high pitch voice.
1824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Mega-City One
Offline
Posted 8/25/17

Bakaneer wrote:

Here is my most hated girl in all of anime, and that's Kyouko Kouda (March Comes in Like a Lion). What sealed it is the fact that she didn't take losing to Rei very well. It's one thing to be upset about it, but she does everything she can to ruin Rei's life. Things were already tough enough as it was for Rei going through a really devastating moment of his life. But Kyouko's bitchiness only made things worse, and nothing good ever happens when she's around.


All true, but Rei was also the worst thing to happen to her and her brother. She also seems to have some genuine affection for him, which would probably be more evident if her father didn't dismiss her abilities in favor of his.
14253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 8/25/17
I have a pretty high tolerance when it comes to characters but one stands out in my mind.
Flay Allster from gundam seed

I mean that had to be intentional right?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.