First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Where is Symphogear AXZ??
9620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 7/24/17

bobland wrote:

looks at who's doing Symphogear on darkside

oh

hahahaha have fun with that


They've been doing Symphogear since the beginning and they don't have memesubbers working on it, so it's fine.

I prefer them to CR, at least.
13062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21
Offline
Posted 7/24/17

Saemonza wrote:


bobland wrote:

looks at who's doing Symphogear on darkside

oh

hahahaha have fun with that


They've been doing Symphogear since the beginning and they don't have memesubbers working on it, so it's fine.

I prefer them to CR, at least.


Heavenrend
20158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/25/17

lightningdrake wrote:

Unless it's Owarimonogatari... Let's hope it's not though and Crunchyroll just slides it in like they did with the Reflection.


i would take symphogear over anything to do with monogatari any day for all I care if it means getting symphogear they can remove all the old monogatari seasons too
3058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/17

deadFreak781 wrote:


DawnsChan wrote:

I'm really disappointed that crunchyroll didn't get the 4th season of Symphogear, it's one of my all time favourite shows and they have seasons 1, 2 and 3, so i'm really curious as to why they didn't get the 4th season.


Crunchyroll Brazil updated their list and put AXZ as "Won't Be Available".



http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/06/28/grande-guia-dos-animes-da-temporada-vero-2017-parte-1
45242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 7/25/17

Saemonza wrote:


bobland wrote:

looks at who's doing Symphogear on darkside

oh

hahahaha have fun with that


They've been doing Symphogear since the beginning and they don't have memesubbers working on it, so it's fine.

I prefer them to CR, at least.

66869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 7/25/17

Saemonza wrote:


bobland wrote:

looks at who's doing Symphogear on darkside

oh

hahahaha have fun with that


They've been doing Symphogear since the beginning and they don't have memesubbers working on it, so it's fine.

I prefer them to CR, at least.


Been doing pretty good job. Just taking 2 days longer than I'd like.
27022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 7/26/17

bobland wrote:

looks at who's doing Symphogear on darkside

oh

hahahaha have fun with that


darkside?
36019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/26/17
*sighs* looks l'll have to looks elsewhere for my Symphogear fix. I can't wait any longer

I'll watch it here when they get it! I still have hope!
14492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / I D ho
Offline
Posted 7/26/17 , edited 7/26/17
My biggest issue on all this is how CR won't say anything about it.

A response saying "sorry guys, we failed" would still be 10000x better than the " " response we've gotten so far. It's frustrating not knowing ANYTHING about the situation at all. Like....are they even trying? Is the reason behind their silence because they don't wanna tell us they failed? Are they just having issues with the music aspect of the liscence? Are they closing in on a deal as we speak? Have they closed the deal already and just got too busy to announce it? WTF is going on?

Sure, I would be upset if they said something like "we didn't even try", but I am currently far more upset by their complete and total silence on the subject. It's hard to be understanding and/or forgiving when you're not given anything to understand and/or forgive.



8064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/26/17

ryuknightalex wrote:

A response saying "sorry guys, we failed" would still be 10000x better than the " " response we've gotten so far. It's frustrating not knowing ANYTHING about the situation at all. Like....are they even trying? Is the reason behind their silence because they don't wanna tell us they failed? Are they just having issues with the music aspect of the liscence? Are they closing in on a deal as we speak? Have they closed the deal already and just got too busy to announce it? WTF is going on?



The problem with any official response like "we tried but we couldn't get the rights" is what does that now do? Make the Japanese publisher look like they were unwilling to give Crunchyroll the license so so they now look like the bad guys. What happens if the heads of the Japanese company don't like their company being labeled by Crunchyroll as the "bad guys" and now black list Crunchyroll (and by extension Funimation) from all future titles and renewing licenses? Sure they don't have much /publisher/magesinc but who knows what huge show they'll have in the future Crunchyroll could be guaranteed to not get or what friends the leaders have running another anime license holder that also decides to black list Crunchyroll now?

When relying on other companies to do business like Crunchyroll does starting to piss them off isn't a good idea.
14492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / I D ho
Offline
Posted 7/26/17

Doublethree1 wrote:


ryuknightalex wrote:

A response saying "sorry guys, we failed" would still be 10000x better than the " " response we've gotten so far. It's frustrating not knowing ANYTHING about the situation at all. Like....are they even trying? Is the reason behind their silence because they don't wanna tell us they failed? Are they just having issues with the music aspect of the liscence? Are they closing in on a deal as we speak? Have they closed the deal already and just got too busy to announce it? WTF is going on?



The problem with any official response like "we tried but we couldn't get the rights" is what does that now do? Make the Japanese publisher look like they were unwilling to give Crunchyroll the license so so they now look like the bad guys. What happens if the heads of the Japanese company don't like their company being labeled by Crunchyroll as the "bad guys" and now black list Crunchyroll (and by extension Funimation) from all future titles and renewing licenses? Sure they don't have much /publisher/magesinc but who knows what huge show they'll have in the future Crunchyroll could be guaranteed to not get or what friends the leaders have running another anime license holder that also decides to black list Crunchyroll now?

When relying on other companies to do business like Crunchyroll does starting to piss them off isn't a good idea.


There are plenty of ways to write something like that without making the Japanese companies out to be the "bad guys". There doesn't have to be a "bad guy" in literally every situation. Reality isn't so black-and-white.
108247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/27/17

ryuknightalex wrote:

My biggest issue on all this is how CR won't say anything about it.

I don't recall if CR has ever officially commented on licensing for a show they didn't obtain. I also don't recall any other anime service doing so.

In the end, knowing the reason wouldn't make the series magically appear on CR, but it would no doubt lead to a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking.

14492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / I D ho
Offline
Posted 7/27/17

TheAncientOne wrote:


ryuknightalex wrote:

My biggest issue on all this is how CR won't say anything about it.

I don't recall if CR has ever officially commented on licensing for a show they didn't obtain. I also don't recall any other anime service doing so.

In the end, knowing the reason wouldn't make the series magically appear on CR, but it would no doubt lead to a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking.



I never claimed that it was something done all the time, nor did I claim it would magically make everything work out. All I was saying is that I would like them to say something, regardless of how common/uncommon it is for them to do so.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me at least, knowing exactly what's going on beats speculating, no matter how unpleasant the truth may be.

Not quite sure what you mean by "Monday morning quarterbacking", but I feel like it's kinda happening regardless. Again, though, I have no idea what you actually mean with that phrase, so I could very well be wrong.
12697 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 7/27/17

ryuknightalex wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


ryuknightalex wrote:

My biggest issue on all this is how CR won't say anything about it.

I don't recall if CR has ever officially commented on licensing for a show they didn't obtain. I also don't recall any other anime service doing so.

In the end, knowing the reason wouldn't make the series magically appear on CR, but it would no doubt lead to a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking.



I never claimed that it was something done all the time, nor did I claim it would magically make everything work out. All I was saying is that I would like them to say something, regardless of how common/uncommon it is for them to do so.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me at least, knowing exactly what's going on beats speculating, no matter how unpleasant the truth may be.

Not quite sure what you mean by "Monday morning quarterbacking", but I feel like it's kinda happening regardless. Again, though, I have no idea what you actually mean with that phrase, so I could very well be wrong.


That's a very common phrase similar to "arm chair refereeing" meaning people arguing about the cause of something already resolved- such as a finished football game (usually on Sundays no?) on a Monday morning....
I don't see why you seemed to take an issue with what they was saying, since basically you are saying the same thing. If we don't know we don't know, let's not speculate. In a way I'm sort of glad they aren't making any comment, since if it's bad news i.e. "Symphogear is not coming" it's just going to lead a bunch of people to watch it illegally rather than wait. It's not like this is the first popular anime to not be aired over here, inexplicably.
nDroae 
8639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 7/27/17
Last year a big one was Macross Delta (blame: Harmony Gold), which was topping Newtype reader polls while it seemed like hardly anyone here (in the west) knew it was happening. Then the Quora question "What kinds of anime are popular in Japan but not America?" got an answer claiming Re:Zero, and it got voted up to top answer.

Come to think of it, Macross Delta and Symphogear are very similar in the grand scheme. It's a frustrating niche to like.

I don't recall ever encountering the phrase "Monday morning quarterbacking" before either. On the internet, it feels nostalgic to be one of the young ignorants for a change. (Whereas that's my default status in real life, since I work at a retirement community.) One of my first online friends, from a SimCity forum, should be about 83 now. Y'all are so young.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.