First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Millennials are destroying America's most iconic motorcycle brand
Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17
"We want homes and to raise families"

"HUR DUR YOU ARE ENTITLED."
28140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17

MossRantz wrote:


so because i don't buy into what you are saying you call me entitled?

you know who else does that?

baby boomers.

And it's been bullshit every time it's been said.


That's some sound reasoning. I see your point.
Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17

MysticGon wrote:


MossRantz wrote:


so because i don't buy into what you are saying you call me entitled?

you know who else does that?

baby boomers.

And it's been bullshit every time it's been said.


That's some sound reasoning. I see your point.


Tell me more about how entitled I am wanting a society in which it is financially possible for everyone to be able to have a home and raise a family
28140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17

MossRantz wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


MossRantz wrote:


so because i don't buy into what you are saying you call me entitled?

you know who else does that?

baby boomers.

And it's been bullshit every time it's been said.


That's some sound reasoning. I see your point.


Tell me more about how entitled I am wanting a society in which it is financially possible for everyone to be able to have a home and raise a family


You mean the society you already live in? Assuming you live in the U.S.

I don't know your history but there is a lot of opportunities out there for the average person. You just have to be hungry and go after them. Just like back then. No one owes you or is going to give you a damn thing.
927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17
Businesses that fail to adapt and appeal to a new crop of potential customers are finished. It's a dog-eat-dog world, for companies. If HD pulls through, good for them. If not; "Sorry, Charlie." If it cannot step up to the plate, the fault rests on the company's shoulders.
Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17

MysticGon wrote:


MossRantz wrote:


MysticGon wrote:


MossRantz wrote:


so because i don't buy into what you are saying you call me entitled?

you know who else does that?

baby boomers.

And it's been bullshit every time it's been said.


That's some sound reasoning. I see your point.


Tell me more about how entitled I am wanting a society in which it is financially possible for everyone to be able to have a home and raise a family


You mean the society you already live in? Assuming you live in the U.S.

I don't know your history but there is a lot of opportunities out there for the average person. You just have to be hungry and go after them. Just like back then. No one owes you or is going to give you a damn thing.


How am I supposed to take you seriously when you are literally arguing with your own red herring that I'm expecting a handout? You are ridiculous and aren't even reading the topic.

We are talking about how good the economy used to be for the average person compared to what it is now. We are talking about how an entire generation of people is foregoing owning homes and having families because the financial security doesn't exist to make those not risky.

Then you show up and post "oh oh you can still own a home though you are so entitled!!"

No shit, sherlock. We fucking know that. You can go away now.

37707 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Honestly I don't see motorcycles going out of style any time soon. Maybe millennials aren't buying motorcycles now, but most millenials haven't gone through a mid-life crisis yet either.
runec 
36047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17

Millennials are Capitalism is destroying America's most iconic motorcycle brand


Everyone loves the Free Market(tm) until they can't cut it in the Free Market(tm). -.-

Posted 7/16/17
2507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Capsule Hotel
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
I'd rather buy a car.
34021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / St.Louis
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17

Online_ wrote:
What?! Those assholes! First I gave riders the benefit of the doubt, I thought H-D build them like that. But now that I know they modify them to be loud that's just annoying. Freaking assholes, waking me up at night, startling me while I'm calmly driving, leaving me half deaf.
Yea I honestly don't like when people put crazy loud exhausts on their bikes, I usually upgrade mine (tastefully) since stock exhausts nowadays are so quiet you can't hear the engine noise and its hard to tell what gear you are in. I just test rode some Triumph motorcycles and the euro regulation exhausts are so quiet it doesn't sound like the bike is running and made it really hard to rev match.

I've ridden some electric motorcycles which are completely silent but since there are no gears (or they are automatic?) you don't have to worry about it unlike a gas engine.
29265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Пенсильвания, Рес...
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Allow me to point out to the anti-capitalism crowd that the American economy isn't true capitalism as the government steals tons of money to put into loser companies that should have gone out of business long ago. That being said Harley has no one to blame but themselves, they, like many others have over priced themselves out of younger markets. No one seems to get the idea any more that younger people usually don't have as much money as older people. Those same "Baby Boomer" company managers are then shocked that those without money are not spending as much as those that do.

But then again it seems that a certain generation has no problem dropping 3 grand a year on PokeCoins rather than a mode of transportation, so maybe it's just a matter of different priorities.
2342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Me, reading more brainless internet bickering about millennials ruining/not ruining the world: *bleh* *wait, did he just quote a Jim Croce song?*


MysticGon wrote:

Meaner than a junkyard dog...


I approve.
1792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Spokane, Washingt...
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Sorry Harley-Davidson, as much as I think your bikes are cool, I just prefer the looks of Japanese make motorbikes.

Also, my disability prevents me from getting a driver's license (safely anyway) so I would not have a reason to buy one anyway.

On one other note, sorry, capitalism is a bitch. There is just no demand for loud, manly motorbikes anymore. However, I'm sure if they are smart, they would set up a side thing that sells bikes. (with no motors) If they are good quality, I'd ride a bike made by H-D.
24564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / FL
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Harley-Davidson..ahhh my aunt's last name is Davidson so she named her dog Harley..he died a couple years ago of old age.

A golden receiver
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.