First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply What was your very first job?
1562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Transgender (MTF)
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
As the title says was wondering what everyone's very first job was? Mostly wondering since I am starting my very first job soon (took me forever to finally find/get a job in all honesty, I am extremely happy & extremely nervous as well)

So anyway what was your very first job & 1 thing you truly liked & disliked about it?
8661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Dirt land
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17
Would you say job shadowing counts? Because I have a few stories there.
18142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Janitorial, family business.
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Cart retriever at a store. Plus side free drinks. Minus side had a torrential downpour most of that summer
1562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Transgender (MTF)
Offline
Posted 7/16/17

zelking wrote:

Would you say job shadowing counts? Because I have a few stories there.


Yep it would count in my opinion. If you don't mind me asking what was it for? (Don't have to say anything just wondering lol)



I_am_DJ wrote:

Janitorial, family business.


Ah OK that makes sense especially if it's a family business.
1562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Transgender (MTF)
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17

xxxcrewxxx wrote:

Cart retriever at a store. Plus side free drinks. Minus side had a torrential downpour most of that summer


Hey that's what I will be doing, since I am/will be a bagger/courtesy clerk at the local grocery store. Will be bagging groceries & cart retrieval.

So any tips that you can remember?

Edit: Also sorry for the double post. Saw this after I posted.
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
Np. Mhm, been about 15 years or so but only thing s I can remember are have a smile if ya can, and pay attention to the carts outa the cart areas since they can hit vehicles. And turn in to the lost and found whatever you find. Got a bit of money from someone just cause I turned her purse in and everything was there
7291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
π / Train / Railyard
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
My first was a paid internship at a computer store & service. My first full time job is my actual job, software developer.
717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/17 , edited 7/16/17
My first job was helping on a farm. Then I mowed lawns and washed dishes under the table for a friends parents restaurant on the weekends. My first real job on the books legally was bagging groceries when I was 14. I always worked more than one job but I kept that one through high school. It was really fun and I met a lot of good friends while I worked there!
589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / A Blue Marble
Offline
Posted 7/16/17
First job was harvesting potatoes on a farm.
8661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Dirt land
Offline
Posted 7/16/17

exiledcourtney999 wrote:


zelking wrote:

Would you say job shadowing counts? Because I have a few stories there.


Yep it would count in my opinion. If you don't mind me asking what was it for? (Don't have to say anything just wondering lol)


It was for when I was still in school, but we had to pick two places to job shadow at. My first one was at a vet clinic. I love animals and I always dreamed about being a vet. The fun part was working with animals, the not so fun part was seeing a surgery. lol I got a little dizzy watching it. And the other place I picked was a daycare center. lol I had to take care of some bratty kids that day.




1562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Transgender (MTF)
Offline
Posted 7/17/17


Hmmm ah OK thanks for the tips in all honesty for the carts & cars yeah that's understandable that would be bad if they go crashing into cars.



Lol I figured something like that was the case since you are extremely good at computers & know a lot more about them then me.



Ah OK yeah for the vet could admit probably would do the samething lol so understandable.

For the daycare yeah I could imagine that not being fun especially if the kids where acting up but blah they are kids don't know any better in all honesty. Though would get a bit blah/crazy after awhile.
64869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / None ya business.
Offline
Posted 7/17/17 , edited 7/17/17
My first job was funded by work study. I got paid to help a neuroscience professor of mine with his research. Unfortunately he had just arrived at the university, so a lot of the work was in set-up. But it was easy money.

Because fund availability changes with each semester (and because I've gotten a lot busier), I've taken to continuing to help as a volunteer from time to time. The research is actually underway now, and I've gotten to participate in a few brain surgeries and behavioral experiments using mouse-models.

All-in-all it was a pretty nice first job. The only thing I really regret is that I wasn't able to get more experience in because of the lengthy set-up stage.
6384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/17/17
My first job was as a UPS driver assistant. It was fun actually, had a great driver to work with and we kicked ass on our delivery routes. Unfortunately, management was a joke. Good experience though, glad it happened.
12811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Perth, Western Au...
Offline
Posted 7/17/17
The cookie barrel
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.