First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply #BringBackObama has surprisingly been reported by the Huffington Post
12963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Online
Posted 7/18/17 , edited 7/18/17
Well known for their neutrality and lack of political agenda, the Huffington Post recently reported on a new hashtag sweeping through twitter: the #BringBackObama hashtag, which, in defiance of 22nd Amendment, seeks to "Bring Back Obama" to the presidency. Peruse this article which neutrally features genuine tweets of this topic that have been scientifically proven to actually exist.
Link here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/twitter-bringbackobama-as-russia-scandal-mounts_us_5965d071e4b03f144e2f0617
Banned
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/17 , edited 7/18/17
Liberal newspaper reports that people miss Obama

What's the story here?
6163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 7/18/17
When you won't write articles about shit that matters, so you just publish salt.
5301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/17 , edited 7/18/17

jtjumper wrote:

Well known for their neutrality and lack of political agenda, the Huffington Post recently reported on a new hashtag sweeping through twitter: the #BringBackObama hashtag, which, in defiance of 22nd Amendment, seeks to "Bring Back Obama" to the presidency. Peruse this article which neutrally features genuine tweets of this topic that have been scientifically proven to actually exist.
Link here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/twitter-bringbackobama-as-russia-scandal-mounts_us_5965d071e4b03f144e2f0617



BWAHAHAHAHA
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 7/18/17
So?
2179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Online
Posted 7/18/17 , edited 7/18/17
Most newspapers are basically blogs in this day and age anyways, where they have to satisfy a certain demographic's biases in order to get ratings to make money. Classic journalism is dead because people don't want it, they find it far more boring than watching some late night shows wrapping the same stuff in comedy. It's just the way things are.

If you want to get real news, read a scientific journal. As in journals with citations and preferable somehow related to math, because AHOs don't respond well to math, and thus you'd know you're reading something someone actually bothered to put a lot of work into for once.
Ejanss 
16415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/18/17 , edited 7/18/17

jtjumper wrote:

Well known for their neutrality and lack of political agenda, the Huffington Post recently reported on a new hashtag sweeping through twitter: the #BringBackObama hashtag, which, in defiance of 22nd Amendment, seeks to "Bring Back Obama" to the presidency. Peruse this article which neutrally features genuine tweets of this topic that have been scientifically proven to actually exist\


Actually, the 22nd Amendment prohibits three terms in succession (like the Trump supporters, now reduced to simply trolling Democrats, claim with "Trump in '24!")
Although the Amendment was passed after FDR, so it was unable to rule on the question of Grover Cleveland being separately popular-elected as the 22nd and 24th president, after Benjamin Harrison dropped the ball as #23.

(Generally speaking, two terms as president, and you're not in much CONDITION for a third--No one ever came out of eight years in the White House with the black hair he went in with.
That said, I would've voted for Bill Clinton again in a heartbeat after he stole the show at Obama's '12 convention )
28365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50
Offline
Posted 7/18/17
>Wanting more than 2 terms for a president
I mean, it has a practical purpose in the case of a major war, but other than that, the possible negatives outweigh the positives.
777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/18/17
Seems like a less absurd hashtag than #FakeNews to dismiss all real news as non-existent.

Do you generally browse HuffPost looking to get outraged?
4820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / A garbage bin.
Online
Posted 7/18/17
Who cares.
22562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / FL
Offline
Posted 7/18/17
this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen
12963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Online
Posted 7/18/17

21stCenturyGemini wrote:

Seems like a less absurd hashtag than #FakeNews to dismiss all real news as non-existent.

Do you generally browse HuffPost looking to get outraged?


In general, I don't browse HuffPost. This was rare happenstance.
12963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Online
Posted 7/18/17 , edited 7/18/17

Ejanss wrote:

Actually, the 22nd Amendment prohibits three terms in succession (like the Trump supporters, now reduced to simply trolling Democrats, claim with "Trump in '24!")
Although the Amendment was passed after FDR, so it was unable to rule on the question of Grover Cleveland being separately popular-elected as the 22nd and 24th president, after Benjamin Harrison dropped the ball as #23.

(Generally speaking, two terms as president, and you're not in much CONDITION for a third--No one ever came out of eight years in the White House with the black hair he went in with.
That said, I would've voted for Bill Clinton again in a heartbeat after he stole the show at Obama's '12 convention )


Yeah, I know, but wouldn't saying that ruin flow of my prose? This is art, man.
12963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Online
Posted 7/18/17

eggrollsama wrote:

this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen


The OP or the article? Either way, I can show you something dumber.
12963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Online
Posted 7/18/17

RyukoKuroki wrote:

Who cares.


HuffPost does. Their article was encouraging Nostalgia. They're the new Pepperidge Farms.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.