First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Who do you think are the top 3 smartest CR forum members?
Posted 8/13/17 , edited 8/13/17
You know who the real MVP is? Gornotck. Love that guy, absolutely love him.
28059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Offline
Posted 8/13/17 , edited 8/13/17

PrinceJudar wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I am increasingly disturbed by all these new names popping up. Did the next generation of Crunchyroll already take over? :(

Not to mention, Riverjustice just sounds like a ripoff of The Great Prince Judar.



We're nothing alike.





Ah, I see. I was referencing the opening post.
Posted 8/13/17 , edited 8/14/17

Ocale wrote:

Being good at arguing/debating is not the same as being smart.


Me crush u in argument. i best.
9724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Unhatched / Egg / 卵
Offline
Posted 8/13/17 , edited 8/14/17

Zenpie wrote:


Ocale wrote:

Being good at arguing/debating is not the same as being smart.


Me crush u in argument. i best.


AAAAAAAA

ME LOUD, WIN
28059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Offline
Posted 8/13/17 , edited 8/14/17

Ocale wrote:

Being good at arguing/debating is not the same as being smart.


I would argue that knowledge, while important, I much rather gauge the logical reasoning of the person. Of course, it is just to my tepid definition of what is logical. Though through much of the discussions I have seen, most of the disagreements were about the veracity of factual claims.

If that is what you are claiming, of course. Sorry to bother you.
9724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Unhatched / Egg / 卵
Offline
Posted 8/13/17 , edited 8/14/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I would argue that knowledge, while important, I much rather gauge the logical reasoning of the person. Of course, it is just to my tepid definition of what is logical. Though through much of the discussions I have seen, most of the disagreements were about the veracity of factual claims.

If that is what you are claiming, of course. Sorry to bother you. :(


"Logical reasoning" is hard to accurately gauge from debates, because people usually debate/argue about things they are generally well versed in (or at least feel like they are).

The people OP posted generally just debate/argue in threads, and for some reason, people find those kinds of people to be intellectuals. There's a lot more to debating/arguing than just logic, too. I would try holding a conversation with someone and casually chatting out disagreements instead. That's when people are more relaxed, and it seems easier to see the inner workings of someone's brain to me at that point.
28059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Offline
Posted 8/13/17 , edited 8/14/17

Ocale wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I would argue that knowledge, while important, I much rather gauge the logical reasoning of the person. Of course, it is just to my tepid definition of what is logical. Though through much of the discussions I have seen, most of the disagreements were about the veracity of factual claims.

If that is what you are claiming, of course. Sorry to bother you. :(


"Logical reasoning" is hard to accurately gauge from debates, because people usually debate/argue about things they are generally well versed in (or at least feel like they are).

The people OP posted generally just debate/argue in threads, and for some reason, people find those kinds of people to be intellectuals. There's a lot more to debating/arguing than just logic, too. I would try holding a conversation with someone and casually chatting out disagreements instead. That's when people are more relaxed, and it seems easier to see the inner workings of someone's brain to me at that point.


I probably interpret debate to be a bit different than you. I see it as another word for discussion, while I feel most of General Discussion devolved into polemics, something I associate with Christopher Hitchens and his band due to how strong they were in their methods and beliefs.

As I admit, my idea of logical surely differs from everyone else, but I would feel the consistent reasoning is my determining factor than a logical conclusion, though, like everyone else, I tend to look for conclusions that are the same as mind than the mindset and logical reasoning it took to reach it, despite my best attempts to remain self aware.

A sort of "Earth revolves around the sun due to the attractive nature of heat energy", where the conclusion is considered logical, but the pathway to it simply is not. Which I guess is your point. I was merely contesting the fact that is not about logical reasoning, when I say it truly is, and to be well versed in debate and discussion, one has to be logical.

Though I misinterpreted you it seems, when what passes for discussion is a popularity contest and a meaningless circlejerk.

15807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / AH / Helipad
Offline
Posted 8/13/17 , edited 8/14/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

This is seriously kind of creepy. Who cares who the smartest people on an anime website are?

I care. So i'll throw in my opinion :

1. Me - I want to have a beer with this guy
2. Myself - That hot stud must have some serious equipment under the trunk
3. I - Kind of an idiot compared to the first two.


^
20208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/19/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


PrinceJudar wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I am increasingly disturbed by all these new names popping up. Did the next generation of Crunchyroll already take over? :(

Not to mention, Riverjustice just sounds like a ripoff of The Great Prince Judar.



We're nothing alike.





Ah, I see. I was referencing the opening post.


A ripoff...
20208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/19/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I am increasingly disturbed by all these new names popping up. Did the next generation of Crunchyroll already take over? :(

Not to mention, Riverjustice just sounds like a ripoff of The Great Prince Judar.



Kid I've been here since 2012. I'm new. O.O
28059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/19/17

riverjustice wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I am increasingly disturbed by all these new names popping up. Did the next generation of Crunchyroll already take over? :(

Not to mention, Riverjustice just sounds like a ripoff of The Great Prince Judar.



Kid I've been here since 2012. I'm new. O.O


Say what? When you mean here, did you mean having a presence on the forum?
20208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/19/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


riverjustice wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I am increasingly disturbed by all these new names popping up. Did the next generation of Crunchyroll already take over? :(

Not to mention, Riverjustice just sounds like a ripoff of The Great Prince Judar.



Kid I've been here since 2012. I'm new. O.O


Say what? When you mean here, did you mean having a presence on the forum?


No just in CR. I infrequently participated in Anime forums. I'm interested now to see what was my earliest forum comment. lol
28059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Prison
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/22/17

riverjustice wrote:

No just in CR. I infrequently participated in Anime forums. I'm interested now to see what was my earliest forum comment. lol


Oh, I see. It is normal to accumulate CR points without forum activity, but I suspect that I only notice people who stood out through constant forum usage. I is sorry.
20208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/19/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


As I admit, my idea of logical surely differs from everyone else, but I would feel the consistent reasoning is my determining factor than a logical conclusion, though, like everyone else, I tend to look for conclusions that are the same as mind than the mindset and logical reasoning it took to reach it, despite my best attempts to remain self aware.

when I say it truly is, and to be well versed in debate and discussion, one has to be logical.

Though I misinterpreted you it seems, when what passes for discussion is a popularity contest and a meaningless circlejerk.



You tend to look for similar conclusions as yours because of consistent bias. We look for evidence to confirm our beliefs to further strengthen our position.
Posted 8/18/17 , edited 8/19/17

None of them are particularly intelligent, they've been here a while and so they feel like royalty or something. its really just all the same marketing and self-promotion and copying one another to feel like belonging. Its quaint for a while then it gets repetitive.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.