First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Cyberbullying on cr(mod delete if not ok)
43265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 7/29/17
Ignore the forums can be the best bet. Find a nice group and become active you will enjoy it far more. Forums are just... I don't even know how to put it... Doesn't matter which political views you hold the average user seems to be so far to the left they think Communism is a good idea or so far right they enjoy the idea of Authoritarianism.
22915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 7/29/17 , edited 7/29/17

TheGamingGeneral wrote:


redokami wrote:


TheGamingGeneral wrote:

Cyber bullying is bullshit. Click ignore, sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. Suck it up.


having been on a site called XAT since I was 14 ive been threatened to be DOXXED , ALOT , so it can hurt


Well that's a crime, I should have been more clear, I was referring to the people who cry because of mean words.


I can agree to an extent. However, Bullying is a consistent stream of harassment, and looking at how hate trains can form, can be devastating. Such cases are relatively rare, but people can be so vengeful or forceful that it makes the site in question a crappier place to be, and I honestly do not blame them for complaining when someone is so intent on making their existences here miserable enough to drive them away, and it may not be easy to ignore from what I have seen.

There is also the concept of "Words do not hurt if you let them", to nitpick, more to do with real life. Children are far more vulnerable than adults, and watching videos like the Youtube couple under the DaddyOhFive "pranking" their sons by accusing them of perpetuating a mistake, and then yelling vulgarities at them to the point of tears for 10 minutes straight, is an example of extreme verbal abuse.

My problem overall with this claim, ties into the fact that....

-Any rightful assertion of offense is deemed "Thin skinned" or "Triggered", as if being upset is somehow always unjustified.

-That physical abuse is the only form of abuse, rather than the most regulated one.

Some people should grow a pair, I agree. This isn't to put entire responsibility on a forumer, especially when the private messages are filled with vulgar content like pornographic spam, gore spam, attempts at doxing, rumor spreading, etc. Just as one shouldn't overreact, no one should have to put up with this in the first place.

Who'd want to join a site like that? Blocking does work at times, but it came to light recently how persistent people can be that they break actual laws, such as the practice of swatting and such. Even still, I would want the site to enforce the rules for a nicer community. It really depends for the OP. I don't know their situation, quite frankly.



20695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / SoFlo
Online
Posted 7/29/17
Cyber bullying goes on at the CR forums? I know posters have opinions and there are tons of arguments but I don't see bullying being rampant.

There was some guy who said some mean stuff about me on the forums, for no reason. I just reported his posts and they were taken down. Didn't bother me none.
22915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 7/30/17 , edited 7/30/17

zangeif123 wrote:

Cyber bullying goes on at the CR forums? I know posters have opinions and there are tons of arguments but I don't see bullying being rampant.

There was some guy who said some mean stuff about me on the forums, for no reason. I just reported his posts and they were taken down. Didn't bother me none.


It seems surreal at how extreme these behaviors can be to the point of being utterly pathetic. I mean, most of these arguments, while vitriolic, do not amount to much, and from what it sounds like, it goes on a for a bit and then stops, presumably because people lose interest in the argument as they did in being civil. Even the more disagreeable posters I imagine, have a life of sorts.

I cannot imagine this being true, but there are a few incidences of...


-Multiple accounts targeting one or two accounts. Sometimes these are people using multiple accounts to bypass blocks, and others may just be siccing their friends on you, either with a mistruth or a general lack of scruples.

-Real life applications, such as doxxing, account hacking, even "swatting"



While I dislike those who ask for nudes, every once in a while, a blue moon, it seems there are people who go to great length obsessing over several individuals. There was a League of Legend player who harasses female players for nude, then use doxxed, obtaining personal information to send SWAT teams over there, to which he got 15 years.

One does see this with more famous individuals, celebrities and such. Hate trains can be particularly devastating. With social media being on the rise, one can quickly turn into a social pariah in fear of their lives.


Of course, this is the more severe cases. Anyhoo, on CR? I imagine it would be unknown users targeting people who may or may not use the forums, and most of the actual cases I would define as actual bullying wouldn't take place in public chats, but messaging, which of course someone can block. Though when someone is such a huge loser to not only go after females, or anyone really, with an unrealistic expectation of nudes that reeks of desperation and sexual entitlement, on an anime site devoid of identifying characteristics, including physical appearance, it doesn't seem that weird I suppose when they spend hours tracking down an individual's new account, for no reason then to send more requests, gore pictures, pornographic, a mix thereof, etc.

I think the moral here is "Don't expect all people to not sink to such pathetic pettiness"

I understand though. It is fucking weird. I haven't had any trouble myself. I met some assholes, but they're not more interested in going after me than them, nor did I get such things while being listed as a female, as did many others it seems. One friend supposedly left due to her friend. I feel sad now, remembering them.
2846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / La
Offline
Posted 7/30/17

VZ68 wrote:

I've never been cyber bullied or have received a sextext.

Fucked if I know why lol.



Because you're 14.
22915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 7/30/17

Zenpie wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

I've never been cyber bullied or have received a sextext.

Fucked if I know why lol.



Because you're 14.


I would not say it is a valid argument, really. A personal anecdote does not define that it doesn't happen in large amounts anymore than one being actually harassed. I am relatively dubious and consider it an exaggeration, hopefully.


Perhaps the reason I am truly bothered is because people assume it is me sexually harassing young girls on alternate accounts, or imply it is me as insult. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU TO FUCKING HELL! THIS ONII CHAN DID NOTHING WRONG! GO FUCK YOURSELF AND YOUR ACCUSATIONS!


I mean, I am not that creepy, right.


2846 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / La
Offline
Posted 7/30/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Zenpie wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

I've never been cyber bullied or have received a sextext.

Fucked if I know why lol.



Because you're 14.


I would not say it is a valid argument, really. A personal anecdote does not define that it doesn't happen in large amounts anymore than one being actually harassed. I am relatively dubious and consider it an exaggeration, hopefully.


Perhaps the reason I am truly bothered is because people assume it is me sexually harassing young girls on alternate accounts, or imply it is me as insult. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU TO FUCKING HELL! THIS ONII CHAN DID NOTHING WRONG! GO FUCK YOURSELF AND YOUR ACCUSATIONS!


I mean, I am not that creepy, right.




I believe you. No need to go so far to prove your point. There is trolling where others see your posts. It's a whole different idea to PM kids
20695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / SoFlo
Online
Posted 7/30/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


While I dislike those who ask for nudes, every once in a while, a blue moon, it seems there are people who go to great length obsessing over several individuals. There was a League of Legend player who harasses female players for nude, then use doxxed, obtaining personal information to send SWAT teams over there, to which he got 15 years.


But did this happen over the CR forums?

22915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 7/30/17 , edited 7/30/17

zangeif123 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


While I dislike those who ask for nudes, every once in a while, a blue moon, it seems there are people who go to great length obsessing over several individuals. There was a League of Legend player who harasses female players for nude, then use doxxed, obtaining personal information to send SWAT teams over there, to which he got 15 years.


But did this happen over the CR forums?



No, as I later added on later in my post . I went on a tangent. I apologize for losing my head. It was meant to demonstrate how low some people can go, even further than the more likely acts I mentioned. I should have clarified that the more common variant appear to be asking for sexual favors followed by retribution of inappropriate private messaging spam, which happens from multiple accounts and seemingly across the accounts the user may make to avoid such a thing.
22915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 7/30/17

zangeif123 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


While I dislike those who ask for nudes, every once in a while, a blue moon, it seems there are people who go to great length obsessing over several individuals. There was a League of Legend player who harasses female players for nude, then use doxxed, obtaining personal information to send SWAT teams over there, to which he got 15 years.


But did this happen over the CR forums?



No, as I later added on later in my post . I went on a tangent. I apologize for losing my head. It was meant to demonstrate how low some people can go, even further than the more likely acts I mentioned. I should have clarified that the more common variant appear to be asking for sexual favors followed by retribution of inappropriate private messaging spam, which happens from multiple accounts and seemingly across the accounts the user may make to avoid such a thing.
2443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/30/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


ex-friends and ex-boyfriend? so it's not some unknown users behind a computer screen..

just call the police and file the report-- you already know their face/phone/address.. provide the police with the information and proofss that you are being harassed these ex-friends and ex-bf so you have a case against them

lawsuits that involve "pain and suffering" will often will not have a limit in some cases-- so in order to sue or get a restraint order against them-- i would start with the police report as the first step.

If they emailed/texted/called.. you can get the proof pretty easily now a day..

ACR- for call recording
Email/text-- do screenshots

personally, only idiots should harass another person now a day since i can take you to court when i have sufficient evidences

believe me. Financial blows will LAST LONGER than physical blows-- if they got physical -- oh man-- they will give me a chance to defend myself and then sue to for even more

anyway--- gather the evidences and file a police report to get things started and then you can get a restraint order or sue them for "pain and suffering"

I don't know where you are but around here you can take issue like this to small claims court-- max you can sue is $3500 around here.. if it got worst and you think you have a case for even more hire a lawyer

i would suggest some light reading on the side



http://store.nolo.com/products/everybodys-guide-to-small-claims-court-nscc.html?utm_source=nolo-content&utm_medium=nolo&utm_campaign=nolo-related-products


you can sue someone for harassment in court but you will need a lot of evidences to support your case (proving harassment). If he sent you text/email or called you a few times is not enough..

to sue someone for harassment that caused "pain and suffering" it must be consistent over a long period of time--- you might not get money out of it but at least they will cover the court costs for you + a restraint order

The legal process is pretty lengthy and sometimes favor the criminals instead of the victims-- but it's the process you have to deal with. This is also the age of social media -- so if you want instant justice--there's always social media if you want to go that route....
Banned
11283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/30/17

Zenpie wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

I've never been cyber bullied or have received a sextext.

Fucked if I know why lol.



Because you're 14.


lol
Banned
11283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/30/17

amejia0 wrote:

I'm sorry but does cyber bullying really even exist?

My nigga Tyler says it best.



This is the best quote ever. Tyler the Creator is great.

https://youtu.be/XSbZidsgMfw
14962 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/30/17
Never been 'cyber-bullied' in my life. I find really weird everyone has these experiences when I've been surfing the web since I was 7 with no incidents of this nature.
3834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/2/17

dulun18 wrote:


you can sue someone for harassment in court but you will need a lot of evidences to support your case (proving harassment). If he sent you text/email or called you a few times is not enough..

to sue someone for harassment that caused "pain and suffering" it must be consistent over a long period of time--- you might not get money out of it but at least they will cover the court costs for you + a restraint order

The legal process is pretty lengthy and sometimes favor the criminals instead of the victims-- but it's the process you have to deal with. This is also the age of social media -- so if you want instant justice--there's always social media if you want to go that route....


it's always a lengthy process when it comes to the legal system in this country.

I'm a contractor so i can prepare a case during my free time so i'm ready to sue anybody-- the thing is there's no one to sue for me.

There's legal help available if needed, look up pro bono lawyers
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.