First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Home invader shot with own gun, victim now faces charges
6420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17

qualeshia3 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Give them what they wanted when they leave call the cops.
Sure they could of still killed him true but it's the law and you should never kill anyone even an intruder unless it's the only option left.

Is that so hard to understand? not every country believes in shoot to kill on a break in.
this is bullshit as it seems he had no other option but the law does exist for a reason.

Honestly if Canada wasn't at the border of America i would be surprised as to why they haven't made guns specifically for special purposes.

In this case they shouldn't be charged as it was the only available option but the laws are strict and don't make exceptions sadly..it's just as bad as if it were like America's laws on shooting people who break in.



I guess the guy did pull a "shoot now, ask questions later" type thing on the intruders. But come on no stranger should go barging into your home without your permission.


Umm... well considering that the perpetrator was shot for breaking and entering, and that's precisely barging into someones home without their permission......

Gonna let you read that a few times and see if you notice your mistake.

47185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/31/17

CrownedSonofFire wrote:

Umm... well considering that the perpetrator was shot for breaking and entering, and that's precisely barging into someones home without their permission......

Gonna let you read that a few times and see if you notice your mistake.



Thank you for telling me. Sorry about that.

6420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17

qualeshia3 wrote:


CrownedSonofFire wrote:

Umm... well considering that the perpetrator was shot for breaking and entering, and that's precisely barging into someones home without their permission......

Gonna let you read that a few times and see if you notice your mistake.



Thank you for telling me. Sorry about that.



No problem... Seemed like you might have missed something there. Something along the lines of "Home Invader shot"
47185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/31/17

CrownedSonofFire wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


CrownedSonofFire wrote:

Umm... well considering that the perpetrator was shot for breaking and entering, and that's precisely barging into someones home without their permission......

Gonna let you read that a few times and see if you notice your mistake.



Thank you for telling me. Sorry about that.



No problem... Seemed like you might have missed something there. Something along the lines of "Home Invader shot"


Yeah, I thought I knew what I was doing.
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

riem2k wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Give them what they wanted when they leave call the cops.
Sure they could of still killed him true but it's the law and you should never kill anyone even an intruder unless it's the only option left.


That's a pretty big gamble, would you still choose that risky path if there were children and a wife in the home?



Of course (unless i'm in immediant danger i have had my house broken into by a home invader before i could of grabbed a knife to stab him but he wasn't a threat at all) i would follow the law and i will not kill anyone if they are not out to kill me that would make me a bad person and a criminal and ontop of that a murderer it's a risk but one i personally am willing to take.

Most criminals where i live can't get guns so it's more or less a safer choice her but it is a risk for sure.
I think people shoot shoot to defend themselves but not when the person isn't a risk.

You should be able to determine if they are a risk by if they have a weapon or not but again it goes up to country laws and beliefs of self defense in the area personally i would never kill anyone unless they attacked me.

Not all home invaders will leave you alone and not hurt you and in those cases shooting to kill is fine but there are many cases when imo it's not and i think the law should cover those times when it is not ok.
6420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

qualeshia3 wrote:


CrownedSonofFire wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


CrownedSonofFire wrote:

Umm... well considering that the perpetrator was shot for breaking and entering, and that's precisely barging into someones home without their permission......

Gonna let you read that a few times and see if you notice your mistake.



Thank you for telling me. Sorry about that.



No problem... Seemed like you might have missed something there. Something along the lines of "Home Invader shot"


Yeah, I thought I knew what I was doing.


Don't we all? Glorious thing about mistakes. When you realize you are capable of making them you gain the ability to stop.The choice to use that power is ourselves only to choose....

Yet so many people just fall flat on their faces when it comes time to use that power.... Disheartening really.

But hey, You figured out the first part at least.
47185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 7/31/17

CrownedSonofFire wrote:

Don't we all? Glorious thing about mistakes. When you realize you are capable of making them you gain the ability to stop.The choice to use that power is ourselves only to choose....

Yet so many people just fall flat on their faces when it comes time to use that power.... Disheartening really.

But hey, You figured out the first part at least. :P


Thanks again.
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

"All you guys do is jack off to tentacle porn. Live in the Los Angeles ghetto for a week, and you will realize that these home invaders don't give a shit. And hopefully, you're not a scrawny little white kid because now they have reason to kill you because you oppressed them.


Nice way to be a total dickhead and put everyone into one box and label them as "tenacle porn jackoffs" "

Yes Home invaders generally don't give a shit and some of them will kill however there is a difference from country to country and laws and how things work and what is considered acceptable.

Shooting invaders in America works and is cool ok? but that shouldn't be put in every country so countries are honestly better with laws against killing invaders unless they are attacking you imo.

Honestly way to attack everyone who doesn't agree with you and prove my point that some people think their way of living and self defense laws on their country are right and should apply everywhere.
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

MonoDreams wrote:

So defending yourself and your family or friends during a home invasion, and killing the invader makes the person who killed them a criminal? Your logic is flawed and downright stupid.


Never said that if you have eyes and can read i said if you are being attacked then yes defending yourself and family is fine.

if someone breaks into your house unarmed it's downright stupid to shoot them if they aren't a threat because "they might be" esspecialy if they start to retreat"

Your logic is flawed if you think shooting an unarmed intruder is fine but you are welcome to your opinion as i said before different countries have different rules and perspectives on this kind of thing just like people if you start acting like you are "my opinion is correct your's is wrong and stupid" then your argument can not hold any real weight.

You blatantly ignored where i said if someone is being attacked killing them should be fine i said they shouldn't just be killed for breaking in if the aren't about to attack you.

You can use the argument "but you never know they might whip out a gun they are hiding and shoot you" yes that is possible but that doesn't make shooting an unarmed intruder ok nor should it be legal.

You have your opinion on the matter i have mine if you want to resort to calling my opinions downright stupid then i will call out you for having stupid opinions also.
8811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 7/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


riem2k wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Give them what they wanted when they leave call the cops.
Sure they could of still killed him true but it's the law and you should never kill anyone even an intruder unless it's the only option left.


That's a pretty big gamble, would you still choose that risky path if there were children and a wife in the home?



Of course i would follow the law and i will not kill anyone if they are not out to kill me that would make me a bad person and a criminal and ontop of that a murderer it's a risk but one i personally am willing to take.


So defending yourself and your family or friends during a home invasion, and killing the invader makes the person who killed them a criminal? Your logic is flawed and downright stupid.
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

MonoDreams wrote:

Whatever, loser Ryu.


Mate stop attacking me just because you disagree with me.

Excessive self defense laws exist in some countries and for good reason no need to be an asshole about it.
859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / PA, USA
Offline
Posted 7/31/17
I'm irked. Ryu has been going on tangents for a while, yet meets little resistance whilst comments regarding him are deleted. I am heavily concerned about what currently appears to be a sleight of hand, regarding discipline and one-sided discourse.
8811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 7/31/17
Oh that's sweet, thanks mods. Yes, let him keep going on pointless rants derailing threads.
29123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

Cardamom_Ginger wrote:

I'm irked. Ryu has been going on tangents for a while, yet meets little resistance whilst comments regarding him are deleted. I am heavily concerned about what currently appears to be a sleight of hand, regarding discipline and one-sided discourse.


ok first of all i'm making the case that the laws are fine as they are that's i guess a tangent but it needs to be made clear this whole "look at this wtf is wrong with Canada" is just silly.

attacking someone for having a differing opinion is not ok and which is why they are deleted i get my comments deleted to if i attack someone.

Also you say i'm preaching well alot of people here are also preaching "Shoot first and kill and ask later" i'm doing nothing different then them i just have the differing opinion as someone who is not from America and infatuated with gun culture and thinks stand your ground laws are flawless like some people do.

If someone wants to argue without insults that is fine there is no RIGHT way to handle self defense and people seem to get pissy when people disagree with their beliefs such as i believe in excessive self defense and self defense in this way being situational.

That by itself is no less wrong then the American way of dealing with it simply different places have different laws and beliefs and that should be respected.

When you devolve into shitting on someones opinion as an argument declaring your opinion is right it's really not helpful to the conversation.

This whole thread is saying "WTF this makes no sense" because it's coming from a perspective of someone who doesn't agree or live there which honestly isn't wrong but i could say the same about your self defense and gun laws and we would be here all day arguing in circles no ones opinion any less valid.

I have merely contributed my views to this subject and why i don't think it's really a "Wtf" thing.
People seem to be offended when there is no reason to be and such result to name calling and attacks which is honestly not ok but i get it i have done it in the past to we get heated we are human.


EDIT: people have said i derailed this by talking about whether this is ok or not and acceptable or not well the topic was "explain yourselves canadians" basically a why the hell is this happening.

I personally think talking about why it is considered ok and why this has happened is not derailing you might think that but i came into this topic and have stayed on topic of home invasions.

I did focus less on this incident then them at a whole but that's merely because this isn't an isolated case and there is an easy explanation.
People you need to calm down.
20206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/31/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


MonoDreams wrote:

Whatever, loser Ryu.


Mate stop attacking me just because you disagree with me.

Excessive self defense laws exist in some countries and for good reason no need to be an asshole about it.


In the USA, we have the right to defend persons and PROPERTY. Wish other first world countries can say the same. I guess not.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.