First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Finally, someone understands it. Now if only others would just listen to him
1410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / bathtub
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17
I'm trying to tell you that this isn't how you get people to listen to you and converse with you. Regardless of content your presentation is off-putting. I offered some constructive criticism on how you might present your topic so that people are willing to discuss it with you. I was met with more insistence that people who disagree with you should be ignored and low key insults. If you can't make your point without talking down to people I don't know how much you are going to accomplish.

Enjoy your thread.
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

DrunkKanti wrote:

I gotta say,you are doing a terrible job selling this guy to people. Saying if you disagree with him you are an idiot is not going to make people want to watch his video. First off, if I do agree with him, why should I sit through two hours of bs just to hear a bunch of stuff I already know and agree with? I'm not learning anything from that so I would just be watching it so I can feel intellectually superior to those that do disagree with him. And if I do disagree with him, well apparently I'm an idiot and I wouldn't "get it" anyway. So again what's the point?

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with anything said in the video. Honestly, you did such a poor job selling it, I didn't bother to waste the two hours watching it to find out. Perhaps the man is a genius and his video should be watched by everyone, but your condescending attitude makes me think there are better, more constructive ways to waste the next two hours of my life.


Alright, fair critique is fair.

As I have been trying to explain thus far to some other people here...

It's not that you would be an idiot if you disagreed. It is that if you disagree, you should probably bring sources like I mentioned in the OP, because it's kind of hard to argue against someone when they are factually correct. As he is. So by disagreeing you put yourself in the idiot box by default if you don't have the due diligence to read the part about bringing sources as to why you disagree.

In one of his videos he makes a mention about sources as well, from those who disagree with them. They are usually studies. Supposedly peer reviewed studies... That have not been peer reviewed at all, and don't hold up when tested. Furthermore, when people post their studies for the world to see, well, he has seen first hand how much they love that. They don't.

So I get why you say what you say, but you are mistaken in thinking it is what you deem it to be, though understandable as it may be.

Really, my OP was meant to trigger those who don't have an actual good reading comprehension level and just cherry pick their arguements, skimming over the rest and missing the important parts. I do this on purpose all the time with how I write. Those people are just one group of many that make for good examples for people to see after the watching the video. Those who are easily triggered by stupid things like whether or not I am being polite in a single sentence, but ignore the rest of the discussion are exactly the kinds of people he argues against in his video, among many others. They are those who should watch it the most, but won't because they will just stop the video 4 minutes in at most. People hate having their flaws shown to them through a mirror. They hate it being told to them by someone who is right even more so.

The video is there for those like you who aren't cut of the cloth of intellectual peasantry. Those of you who have yet to hear him, and would probably do very well to listen to him well.

It's only a couple hours out of your life, and I included a shorter video as a TLDR for those who really don't have the time at all. It's less than 20 minutes. I think.

Really, most of the people pissed off here are exactly the people that this post is all about. You really want to be them?
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

AsukaAyanami wrote:

I'm trying to tell you that this isn't how you get people to listen to you and converse with you. Regardless of content your presentation is off-putting. I offered some constructive criticism on how you might present your topic so that people are willing to discuss it with you. I was met with more insistence that people who disagree with you should be ignored and low key insults. If you can't make your point without talking down to people I don't know how much you are going to accomplish.

Enjoy your thread.


In short, truth is not an insult. Truth is truth. If you find it insulting, that's your problem not mine.

Im not trying to sell him at all. Im putting him in front of you and saying, this guy is right. I don't care what you think of the otherwise, If you think otherwise bring sources, otherwise you will be ignored.

I've only responded to people thus far because instead of watching the video, you people decide to attack me instead.

Which again, really goes to show your intelligence off.

You can be a critique all you want. I didn't post this for you to critique. I posted this for you all to learn from.

Learn idiots. You forgot to in school.
Humms 
11991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17
I've seen this guy around. Logical, calm

Mainly to do with all of these pronoun assholes trying to bring him down, but the guy has one of the the most solid temperaments ever, and it's one of the reasons why he really sticks out. I do like a little fire behind a logical bashing, because it gets a laugh, but he just seems more down to earth.

Anyways. This means nothing to me. I treat others how I would expect them to treat me. Don't bring your fucking pronouns into this, don't bring your race, your religion , your freedoms. I'll treat you like a human, I'll treat you like somebody. You force me to go against my beliefs just for your trivial reimagining. I say good day sir/ madam, I do not discriminate; for I cannot lie to myself about what we were given.

Freedom of thought and freedom of speech. For me, just because I'm not allowed to say it, doesn't mean I won't think it.

Sooner or later you will know what I think about, and if you don't like it, maybe you should consider what kind of a person I am to the world, or what kind of person I am going to be, not the shell that is presented to others.

Am I supportive? What's the point? People will find a way to go against him, so what's the point. Sure he's got some good views, but the world doesn't bend to his rule. He is but a voice of reason amoung the sea of decay. Everything will get worse before we realize the simplists course of action.

I'm sure he will say the same thing given the circumstances
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

Humms wrote:

I've seen this guy around. Logical, calm

Mainly to do with all of these pronoun assholes trying to bring him down, but the guy has one of the the most solid temperaments ever, and it's one of the reasons why he really sticks out. I do like a little fire behind a logical bashing, because it gets a laugh, but he just seems more down to earth.

Anyways. This means nothing to me. I treat others how I would expect them to treat me. Don't bring your fucking pronouns into this, don't bring your race, your religion , your freedoms. I'll treat you like a human, I'll treat you like somebody. You force me to go against my beliefs just for your trivial reimagining. I say good day sir/ madam, I do not discriminate; for I cannot lie to myself about what we were given.

Freedom of thought and freedom of speech. For me, just because I'm not allowed to say it, doesn't mean I won't think it.

Sooner or later you will know what I think about, and if you don't like it, maybe you should consider what kind of a person I am to the world, or what kind of person I am going to be, not the shell that is presented to others.

Am I supportive? What's the point? People will find a way to go against him, so what's the point. Sure he's got some good views, but the world doesn't bend to his rule. He is but a voice of reason amoung the sea of decay. Everything will get worse before we realize the simplists course of action.

I'm sure he will say the same thing given the circumstances


Good response. I agree with most of it, though I have some things to say on a couple tidbits. I don't particularly agree with treat others how you expect to be treated.... as that just leads to depressing outcomes more oft than not really in my experiences.... Personally I think it should be "treat others how they wish to be treated, because if they wish to be treated a certain way they will treat others that way." Or in short, Treat others how they treat others. They deserve it if they dish it. Seems like a recipe for disaster, but once the butthurt toll is tallied, it should work itself all out. Gonna be a messy few months though while peoples ego's get rearranged.

As for supporting him or etc that you said at the end there.

We are in a war of words. Not a war of worlds, or a world war, but a war of words, and those who keep their message heard the most the longest, wins.

Thus, we kind of do need to prop him up. He is, what I would put in a simple manner, the light at the end of the dark abyss.

Some might think I am being over the top about this, but if you or anyone thinks that, just do some research on the 1920's russia and other socialist/communist states.

They started very much the same way we are going down this certain path the left's extremists have us going down.

Do you really want that? If no, then I suggest you help support the guy who put his career on the line to put an end to some of this idiocy. It's the least we can do.


Humms 
11991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

CrownedSonofFire wrote:


Humms wrote:

:


Good response. I agree with most of it, though I have some things to say on a couple tidbits. I don't particularly agree with treat others how you expect to be treated.... as that just leads to depressing outcomes more oft than not really in my experiences.... Personally I think it should be "treat others how they wish to be treated, because if they wish to be treated a certain way they will treat others that way." Or in short, Treat others how they treat others. They deserve it if they dish it. Seems like a recipe for disaster, but once the butthurt toll is tallied, it should work itself all out. Gonna be a messy few months though while peoples ego's get rearranged.

As for supporting him or etc that you said at the end there.

We are in a war of words. Not a war of worlds, or a world war, but a war of words, and those who keep their message heard the most the longest, wins.

Thus, we kind of do need to prop him up. He is, what I would put in a simple manner, the light at the end of the dark abyss.

Some might think I am being over the top about this, but if you or anyone thinks that, just do some research on the 1920's russia and other socialist/communist states.

They started very much the same way we are going down this certain path the left's extremists have us going down.

Do you really want that? If no, then I suggest you help support the guy who put his career on the line to put an end to some of this idiocy. It's the least we can do.




I would consider the first point bait, but as you say " if you treat them their way, they will do the same" or so you hope. I find this to be a form of disrespect. Why should someone expect to be treated to their wants and needs? Am I kissing ass for a raise because that's all I want? Am I buying into her needs to get something out of it? The list goes on and on. Is there reciprocation? Or did you just get used.

This is why the world isn't working. If everyone just said hello to someone, greet them, maybe even going that extra mile just to be nice, we don't necessarily cater to someone's expectations, we need people to understand that everyone can be like this. Not to do something because of someone else's expectations, we need people to believe that we care, and not just because we have to in order to prove a point. If people don't care, then why are you trying to be the person you aren't.

A war of words, sad but true. Even if I support him, what will he accomplish? Our laws are written and approved. We base everything off of profit, so where is the change without reciprocation? A man can speak about the right to be free, but the world does not even notice. How many people are left in the dark? How many people are left blind? Do you think if this man actually had a chance, that the people would accept him?

Only curroption of the peoples will, that is the generation we have set our sights for. What you wish to be saved is already alive and well within everyone. The idiocy is the shell, freedom is us

Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17
Too long; didn't watch.
I've seen other videos of him though. I mostly agree with what he usually says.
1053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17
The problem with society is greed, stupidity, and hatred.

Not pronouns and people being annoyed at what other people wish to call themselves.

While the blind waste their breaths fighting against 'politically correct' phantoms, they're being robbed by the people who actually control this world.
21801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17
Bah pronouns
We need a world war then maybe ppl will stop bitching. About everythingand get their priorities straight
REEEE PRONOUNS
REEE CULTURE APPROPRIATION
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

Humms wrote:


CrownedSonofFire wrote:


Humms wrote:

:


Good response. I agree with most of it, though I have some things to say on a couple tidbits. I don't particularly agree with treat others how you expect to be treated.... as that just leads to depressing outcomes more oft than not really in my experiences.... Personally I think it should be "treat others how they wish to be treated, because if they wish to be treated a certain way they will treat others that way." Or in short, Treat others how they treat others. They deserve it if they dish it. Seems like a recipe for disaster, but once the butthurt toll is tallied, it should work itself all out. Gonna be a messy few months though while peoples ego's get rearranged.

As for supporting him or etc that you said at the end there.

We are in a war of words. Not a war of worlds, or a world war, but a war of words, and those who keep their message heard the most the longest, wins.

Thus, we kind of do need to prop him up. He is, what I would put in a simple manner, the light at the end of the dark abyss.

Some might think I am being over the top about this, but if you or anyone thinks that, just do some research on the 1920's russia and other socialist/communist states.

They started very much the same way we are going down this certain path the left's extremists have us going down.

Do you really want that? If no, then I suggest you help support the guy who put his career on the line to put an end to some of this idiocy. It's the least we can do.




I would consider the first point bait, but as you say " if you treat them their way, they will do the same" or so you hope. I find this to be a form of disrespect. Why should someone expect to be treated to their wants and needs? Am I kissing ass for a raise because that's all I want? Am I buying into her needs to get something out of it? The list goes on and on. Is there reciprocation? Or did you just get used.

This is why the world isn't working. If everyone just said hello to someone, greet them, maybe even going that extra mile just to be nice, we don't necessarily cater to someone's expectations, we need people to understand that everyone can be like this. Not to do something because of someone else's expectations, we need people to believe that we care, and not just because we have to in order to prove a point. If people don't care, then why are you trying to be the person you aren't.

A war of words, sad but true. Even if I support him, what will he accomplish? Our laws are written and approved. We base everything off of profit, so where is the change without reciprocation? A man can speak about the right to be free, but the world does not even notice. How many people are left in the dark? How many people are left blind? Do you think if this man actually had a chance, that the people would accept him?

Only curroption of the peoples will, that is the generation we have set our sights for. What you wish to be saved is already alive and well within everyone. The idiocy is the shell, freedom is us



Hmm... Well I understand your take on things, to some degree...

But I am sorry to say that It just doesn't work that way when it comes to treating others the way you want to be treated. Why? Because people just don't do it. Plain and simple. Expect them too and they essentially spit at you physically or verbally or etc. Why bother with that? To be the better person? Sure I suppose to some degree, but I would say in return that sometimes the best medicine for people is their own medicine. I'm not saying to give em their own medicine all the time though. Just a dose now and then. Let them experience their own attitude back in their own face. Mirrors only show reflections, they don't speak back. Some people need that. To have someone speak back to them and tell them they are wrong in some way shape or form. That includes showing them what they look like or act like when they act a certain way. This is in some small part kind of the same as with Free speech. If you are free to act a certain way, then I am free to treat you that same way so you can see the error of your own ways.

But yes, I agree we could all manage to treat each other better. I just think maybe we have been going about it wrong way, because being nice to people who are assholes with us just asks them to walk all over you really, to answer your question about that.

I would also like to remind you with your last paragraph that being selfless is a great thing to be. But you can't just be selfless all the time if you have any true good will to anyone. If you are truly treating others how you would like to be treated, then should you not treat yourself the same and think of yourself now and then as well?

The point he is trying to make in his videos when he talks about Free speech and Truth (I think) is that when you take free speech away from anyone in any way, shape or form, you take it away from everyone, even if it is for some reason or another to help someone who you deem in need of that change.

To those who think they need to quell free speech to make their own lives better, I say this; Grow up.
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

redokami wrote:

Bah pronouns
We need a world war then maybe ppl will stop bitching. About everythingand get their priorities straight
REEEE PRONOUNS
REEE CULTURE APPROPRIATION


lol... Who's priorities though is the real problem and question in the same token.
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

Online_ wrote:

Too long; didn't watch.
I've seen other videos of him though. I mostly agree with what he usually says.


Can you extrapolate further or just you generally agree and nothing more is needed to be said?

Is it Too Long Won't Write?
Dragon
65188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

CrownedSonofFire wrote:

-edit- So apparently some people decided that reporting me to the mods was their best course of action in debating me.... Learn to fight your own battles children. The mods aren't your parents. (unless one of them is... then i'm not sure what to say...)



Okay, couple of things here.

First, many of your responses to folks have been quite hostile, and often insulting. Now, maybe you don't think 'nimrod' isn't that terrible, or trying to say that you're not calling others stupid, just letting their actions show them as being stupid and pointing that out is more acceptable, or several other cases in here. It's really not, and having people call you out on it - in report form - is a way of not escalating the situation further within the thread. Calling them children for using the tools available isn't exactly nice.

Second, and much more minor, you're doing a lot of multi-posting. Try to edit your posts if you have additional thoughts, or you can use the checkbox next to several posts and use 'quote multiple' if you're trying to respond to several people at once.

To be honest, I'm on the fence about leaving this thread open at all, and if more reports come in or another mod handles them, you might see it closed even after my post.

You also point out that more people are responding to your posts, not the video you wanted them to watch and comment on. A fresh start might help you out in that regard.
6432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17

21stCenturyGemini wrote:

The problem with society is greed, stupidity, and hatred.

Not pronouns and people being annoyed at what other people wish to call themselves.

While the blind waste their breaths fighting against 'politically correct' phantoms, they're being robbed by the people who actually control this world.


Hmmmm. I agree with your assessment of the problems with society, but I think you actually miss the connection.

You can't fight one side without fighting the other. To give sway to one, just gives leverage to both. You must be constantly vigilant to both sides.

So I don't see it as a phantom, particularly when it has had terrible consequences for people back in the past multiple times. I mean really, if you watched any of his videos you would know that.

PC culture in the past led to people dying of starvation. Don't believe me, just listen to Jordan, he's actually researched it. He knows.

It might sound extreme, but you tell that to the people who died in the kulaks of russia during the 1920's.

I can only repeat what I have learned, which he is very correct about in one of his videos; No one in our schools up here learned a fucking thing about the kulaks growing up, other than that there were very poor people who lived in them, but they always had enough food to make ends meet... usually. (Boy was that wrong) If our curriculum has changed to include that, good. But as for those of us my age or older, not much was taught about that at all.

But hey, you are right. Greed, Stupidity and Hatred are definitely helping ruin society.

Thing is, we already have the evidence of what PC culture can do to people. It fucking kills them.
Humms 
11991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 7/31/17 , edited 7/31/17
Somones having too much of a good time

Guess who ?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.